Article in the Sun (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator

Obviously, take with a pinch of salt!

ajsccfc

If all that's true the use of 'fixed' seems premature, it still relies on SISU to drop everything which seems the brick wall we are continually running into.

SkyBlueDom26

Bullshit, notice how they say the legal action still needs to be dropped
Anybody could write that article

RoboCCFC90

While people are stating that this is bullshit and they're totally right to do so, when we returned to the Ricoh Arena from Northampton that was revealed in the Sun prior to being announced by the Club, in a similar vain to that article above, coincidence perhaps?

Nick

Administrator
Breaking news

The thing is, I've been told by two people very close to all this that a deal for up to 5 years is already done. Everything we are seeing now is about saving face and about all sides not wanting to be seen to have backed down. Just get on and announce it so that all the hand-wringing can stop.

He has had things right in the past also!

Maybe something is done, or there is just somebody feeding out bullshit purposely for a reason.

(Not saying Ferrett is bullshitting, more the sources)

Nick

Administrator
While he was talking to Eastwood wonder if he followed up on the BS he spouted in the CWR interview about letting us play there next season being a danger to Wasps?
giphy.gif

theferret

Breaking news

Maybe something is done, or there is just somebody feeding out bullshit purposely for a reason.

Thing is Nick, I am as confused as anyone. If this had been a guy down the pub who knows somebody who knows somebody, I'd have said nothing. But these people are very well placed and are people I know very well. I argued the toss, citing all the stuff in the media, making the sames points made by many on here, but they just smiled, shook their heads and said 'don't worry, it's a done deal'. The clubs have been negotiating via a third party apparently (don't know who that is though). Who the fuck knows, because none of it makes any sense.

SkyBlueDom26

Thing is Nick, I am as confused as anyone. If this had been a guy down the pub who knows somebody who knows somebody, I'd have said nothing. But these people are very well placed and are people I know very well. I argued the toss, citing all the stuff in the media, making the sames points made by many on here, but they just smiled, shook their heads and said 'don't worry, it's a done deal'. The clubs have been negotiating via a third party apparently (don't know who that is though). Who the fuck knows, because none of it makes any sense.
I actually believe you, surely this can't go on much longer

Swayze

If it's coming from people with links to the actual club it could've looked like a goer, but then maybe SISU have since doubled down on not dropping the legals and are actually now confident the case won't be thrown.

Would explain the surprise/desperate statement from the club yesterday.

Jcap

If this really is the case, then someone out there is having a right laugh at the hysteria and meltdown going on everywhere...

Nick

Administrator
If it's coming from people with links to the actual club it could've looked like a goer, but then maybe SISU have since doubled down on not dropping the legals and are actually now confident the case won't be thrown.

Would explain the surprise/desperate statement from the club yesterday.

More likely Wasps have pulled out of it, as they did last time....

Swayze

If this really is the case, then someone out there is having a right laugh at the hysteria and meltdown going on everywhere...
Maybe I'm being dim, but who actually gains anything from keeping quiet if true though.

I don't buy that aprties are trying to save face, as they are all getting some level of abuse in the media.

Swayze

More likely Wasps have pulled out of it, as they did last time....
Would the club/SISU not have made a statement shaming Wasps if that was the case though?

Any idea if they were quick to put Wasps out to dry last time?

SkyBlueCRJ

Breaking news

I was thinking this. Even if he does know them well, what is the reasoning behind revealing what would be confidential information from an acquaintance or friend. In a case as vitriolic as this I'd hedge my bets that an NDA was signed by all present, which if breached could instigate legal action to the individual. So like you said, what is the motive for said source revealing this piece of information? It could well be said source has told theferret in confidence. But then you have to question theferrets motives if he's come onto a forum to spout something confidential that was told to him by someone he claims to know well? Or like you said is it a case of Chinese whispers to feed bullshit.

Jcap

Maybe I'm being dim, but who actually gains anything from keeping quiet if true though.

I don't buy that aprties are trying to save face, as they are all getting some level of abuse in the media.

I have absolutely no idea, maybe its contingent on supreme court verdict?

Any announcements from EFL after yesterday's deadline?

rob9872

I agree with that James. I've heard nothing yet from a couple of people close and whilst I pray that you're source is legit Ferret and although I'm grateful to read such info and for your sharing, I'd be happy not to know until it's signed and sealed if there's even the slightest possibility that putting details here could derail anything previously deemed as confidential.

SkyBlueCRJ

I agree with that James. I've heard nothing yet from a couple of people close and
whilst I pray that you're source is legit Ferret and although I'm grateful to read such info and for your sharing, I'd be happy not to know until it's signed and sealed if there's even the slightest possibility that putting details here could derail anything previously deemed as confidential.

Exactly. If I hear confidential information from a club official I purposely will refrain from sharing it on SBT. This is mainly because it's told to me in confidence and I don't see the gain in sharing any information on here. I post on SBT because I enjoy having a debate about CCFC, not to act as some kind of whistleblower. Hence why I am sceptical about the legitimacy of a piece of information as significant as this when it's shared on here claiming to be from a 'reliable source'.

Great if it's true and I wouldn't want to call someone a bullshitter without knowing the individual but I just don't understand the logic behind sharing confidential information from a friend or aqqaintance on a forum.

Liquid Gold

Although I just don't believe it (probably because I'm a cynic where our club is involved) a 5 year deal would be great, puts things off for a good period and allows the stability to really build upon the foundations that Robins has put in place. If something like this was signed there should be a huge campaign to get people up the Ricoh.

olderskyblue

The Third party is the trust. *

* this may be BS :emoji_laughing:

KersleyDigs

Why aren't SISU saying to Wasps, we'll drop the legals, but only if we can properly work together going forwards. Buy a share in the stadium work on and fund non-matchday events together and have fair access to our own match day revenue going forwards etc?

Would that not be sensible for all parties? Wasps need the money, SISU need a viable and sustainable business to move forwards to get any kind of return...

ccfc92

Why aren't SISU saying to Wasps, we'll drop the legals, but only if we can properly work together going forwards. Buy a share in the stadium work on and fund non-matchday events together and have fair access to our own match day revenue going forwards etc?

Would that not be sensible for all parties? Wasps need the money, SISU need a viable and sustainable business to move forwards to get any kind of return...

There's your key word.

theferret

I was thinking this. Even if he does know them well, what is the reasoning behind revealing what would be confidential information from an acquaintance or friend. In a case as vitriolic as this I'd hedge my bets that an NDA was signed by all present, which if breached could instigate legal action to the individual. So like you said, what is the motive for said source revealing this piece of information? It could well be said source has told theferret in confidence. But then you have to question theferrets motives if he's come onto a forum to spout something confidential that was told to him by someone he claims to know well? Or like you said is it a case of Chinese whispers to feed bullshit.

To answer these points. Firstly, I obviously didn't name the people and I benefit from a degree anonymity on here which is the nature of these forums rightly or wrongly. Secondly, the impression I got was that, within the club itself, this is not exactly a secret hence similar things are being said elsewhere by others, so presumably the same rumour is leaking out via multiple sources (nor was it stressed that this was in confidence or shouldn't be repeated but perhaps that was assumed). Mainly though, naively, having received what I believed to be good news I'd thought I'd throw it out there. The moral of the story though is probably to keep these things to yourself because you're setting yourself up for a fall either way. It turns out the be true several days/weeks down the line, nobody will care or remember. If it doesn't come off then you're a c**t spouting bullshit.

Ultimately though, it was a post saying that a deal has been done behind the scenes - no twitter announcement or statements, just a snippet of info. No names or no details given, it was just regurgitating info that was given openly, so it was just that really. I'll leave it there!

ccfc92

Obviously, take with a pinch of salt!

However, Coventry City's chief executive Dave Boddy has this morning described the claim as "absolute nonsense".

And a spokesman for Coventry City emphasized this saying there was "no truth" in the report.

Wasps also responded to The Sun's report with Nick Eastwood, the rugby club's chief executive, saying: “This is categorically not the case.”

Oh well :( that's the end of that.

ajsccfc

I hope there's something to the rumour. I've not really been worried about the situation because I just assume it'll all be sorted out, but I'm not really basing that on anything but a refusal to believe the worst-case scenario could happen.

CanadianCCFC

Wasps wouldn’t want it known that they’ve negotiated without SISU dropping the court case so them saying nothing had happened isn’t the end of this rumour.

mark82

To answer these points. Firstly, I obviously didn't name the people and I benefit from a degree anonymity on here which is the nature of these forums rightly or wrongly. Secondly, the impression I got was that, within the club itself, this is not exactly a secret hence similar things are being said elsewhere by others, so presumably the same rumour is leaking out via multiple sources (nor was it stressed that this was in confidence or shouldn't be repeated but perhaps that was assumed). Mainly though, naively, having received what I believed to be good news I'd thought I'd throw it out there. The moral of the story though is probably to keep these things to yourself because you're setting yourself up for a fall either way. It turns out the be true several days/weeks down the line, nobody will care or remember. If it doesn't come off then you're a c**t spouting bullshit.

Ultimately though, it was a post saying that a deal has been done behind the scenes - no twitter announcement or statements, just a snippet of info. No names or no details given, it was just regurgitating info that was given openly, so it was just that really. I'll leave it there!

Carry on doing it, you do it in good faith and have been right before. If it turns out to be bad info, I for one won't hold it against you.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That would be a better way forward I reckon. I think it's likely to become more amenable to Wasps over time if their finances are deteriorating as has been speculated, but in that scenario SISU are much less likely to go for that deal because they'll see another chance to financially distress the owners and try and get it cheaper.

At the start I hoped what would happen would be the club would be responsible for paying the matchday costs and the rent would be looked upon more like a mortgage with each payment leading to partial ownership. It'd also give the club more freedom in their finances because if they needed to pay other expenses or improve the squad they could divert funds to it and it'd just take longer to pay off the balance. Given that at the time the formula for buying the stadium was in place a purchase price was already there so no need to haggle on that.

There is a part of me that wants to see SISU own the/a stadium just so I can see how they treat the club/stadium situation. I really can't see them having it as an asset for the football club and them just becoming the landlords.

Mucca Mad Boys

There’s been a few rumours a deal has been agreed...

... it makes you wonder if the saying ‘no smoke without a fire’ is ringing true here.

ccfc92

There’s been a few rumours a deal has been agreed...

... it makes you wonder if the saying ‘no smoke without a fire’ is ringing true here.

To be fair though, anyone can start a rumour and it gathers pace on the internet.

That Dale buying the club situation comes to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread