Are we Paying Decent Wages? (1 Viewer)

Samo

... Or is this really the best contract that the likes of Johnson and Pugh could get?

cloughie

According to an football agent I am in contact with £1200 is the going rate at CCFC and less for younger ones

Nick

Administrator
mayb they are offering some of the wilson money to fund this or it could be these players can't get anywhere else

Only going on an agent of an ex CCFC player
They must be able to judging by them turning other clubs down.

Samo

mayb they are offering some of the wilson money to fund this or it could be these players can't get anywhere else

Only going on an agent of an ex CCFC player

There is no way Reda Johnson and Danny Pugh are short of offers in my opinion.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Barnsley and Peterborough fans both claim we offered O'Brien and Swanson more money than they would even consider offering

Remember both players had contract offers from their previous clubs on the table when they signed for us

Samo

Barnsley and Peterborough fans both claim we offered O'Brien and Swanson more money than they would even consider offering

Remember both players had contract offers from their previous clubs on the table when they signed for us

So... what's occurring?

Nick

Administrator

Puts a couple of myths to bed!

Florence1898

These are desperate players with limited material offers and responsibilities to fulfill, all adds up to a perfect recipe of FOC players and a club signing low commitment short term liabilities, pretty desperate

Nick

Administrator
These are desperate players with limited material offers and responsibilities to fulfill, all adds up to a perfect recipe of FOC players and a club signing low commitment short term liabilities, pretty desperate
So offers in the league above are material?

Samo

Utter bollocks!

shmmeee

We've got rid of a fair chunk of our wage bill. I doubt the new signings are on as much as the likes of Murphy or Clarke for example, probably about the same as Moussa or Marshall.

Agree that all the signings look good so far. The defence and wings look a lot more balanced.

rob9872

Possibly just playing, not everyone is greedy. Johnson last 4 years 16, 24, 19 & 16 appearances. Not sure if was injured every year but otherwise low return. Alternatively could be heavily incentivised to get paid well of we succed and that can only be a good thing striving to do well.

Astute

Our squad is small still. So our wage bill is small compared to other clubs. And all clubs are now limited to what they can offer players because of the different FFP rules brought out. Not all clubs have received millions from player sales like we have.

We don't have a clue how much our new players have been offered, but each player offered 2k a week means a wage bill of 104k a year. 10 players on 2k a week means a wage bill of £1,040,000 which would still leave SISU pocketing a 7 figure sum from player sales. And this is without any income from this season. So the sale of Wilson alone could give us a chance of promotion.

Again we don't have a clue about contracts, but bonuses could be brought into it. Promotion worth 50% of wage would cost 0.5m for these players. It is said to be worth 5m a season to get promoted to the Championship. And incoming players will have noticed that players from our club do go onto bigger and better things. So our players get noticed.

Terry Gibson's perm

I am sure we are paying our team of lawyers well and also Fisher and Waggott must be doing ok, on the pitch I imagine they are heavily based on bonuses as this seems to get around ffp although with the Wilson money it may not matter too much this year.

kevinleftpeg

According to an football agent I am in contact with £1200 is the going rate at CCFC and less for younger ones

Seems reasonable;

Plus appearance, win, draw, goal & clean sheet bonus, dependant on position played & how savvy the agent is.

Basic with incentives for actually being any good & god forbid winning! About bloody time.

Ian1779

Ideally our club should have a model that leans towards rewarding success. If you were to offer players the opportunity to double their yearly salary if they achieve promotion that would be a win-win situation for all parties.

Other bonuses, incentives etc for progress on the pitch.

SkyBlueSid

Dare I suggest we may be having a go!

It occurred to me that it may be a 'shit or bust' strategy. Because of the Wilson windfall, the owners are willing to let Pressley have some money for what they hope will be a serious pop at getting promoted. It would be a high risk strategy and puts a lot of faith in Pressley, both on the coaching and recruitment fronts. The former is likely to be let down by the latter, I fear.

Given that, by May, there will be precious little to report on the new stadium front, I really fear what would happen if we were to have another season of hanging around mid-table. I believe that if no success is forthcoming this season, that may be it for our beloved club.

Users who are viewing this thread