Are We Doomed To Failure ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

After a good start to the season since losing to Walsall all I've heard is bad news.Maddison out for three months,Willis also sidelined, now Armstrong to miss the Burton match.Add on the calamity of the new rail station fiasco,the shambles in getting tickets and long queues etc,it leaves you thinking what the hell is going to happen next ? I know being a City fan isn't for the faint hearted or of a nervous disposition,but it does feel like we're bloody jinxed !

Ashdown

We don't seem to have much luck do we ? I still think strongly that we have to reinforce this fragile squad, with what we have at present we were always at the mercy of injuries/recalls/suspensions and International call ups etc. Hopefully TM has it all in hand with a few days still left to strengthen.

H

Huckerby

3rd in the league mate, what were you expecting at this point? Doomed to failure when we're 3rd in the league...honestly

ohitsaidwalker king power

After a good start to the season since losing to Walsall all I've heard is bad news.Maddison out for three months,Willis also sidelined, now Armstrong to miss the Burton match.Add on the calamity of the new rail station fiasco,the shambles in getting tickets and long queues etc,it leaves you thinking what the hell is going to happen next ? I know being a City fan isn't for the faint hearted or of a nervous disposition,but it does feel like we're bloody jinxed !

you missed "too many glory hunters jumping on the bandwagon... " ;)

BackRoomRummermill

Go on admit it , your a doom monger

Covstu

Go on then I reckon I've become one. I keep feeling things are going to go tits up again !
I must admit whilst i am happy abouot our performances on the pitch, I am waiting for it to go wrong in the back of my mind. Just too many years of shit to deal with but ets hope this is our year.

skybluebeduff

People jumped onto the excitement train a bit quick, and rightfully so because we don't ever get any. But the excitement was unjust, after xmas if we are up in the mix, then it's time to believe. Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

bringbackrattles

I must admit whilst i am happy abouot our performances on the pitch, I am waiting for it to go wrong in the back of my mind. Just too many years of shit to deal with but ets hope this is our year.
That's what I mean I'm not having a pop at the team or performances far from it as they're going well and playing good football etc.It must be to do with following the City for decades you're just waiting for it to go belly up,it's as if you're resigned to bad news and I hate feeling like that.

Hobo

No we are not doomed, these are setbacks every football team has in the course of the season. It is just you aren't fully aware of all the problems other teams have.

Otis

Think that's what he's alluding too though, stu. Only 4 games in and already we have lost 2 of our first team squad for several months.

Yep, brilliant we are 3rd in the league, but we were top. Suddenly we lose 2 players to long term injuries, we lose and don't play well.

Just need to make sure that that one off Walsall game was a just a one-off blip and we get right back on track against Southend.

Can see what he's saying. Basically asking if it might be the start of a bit of a slide. We'll see Monday I guess. Lose that one and more people will be getting a little bit more worried. Still so very early in the season though. Far too early to panic yet.

Let's get back on track on Monday.

Covstu

Think that's what he's alluding too though, stu. Only 4 games in and already we have lost 2 of our first team squad for several months.

Yep, brilliant we are 3rd in the league, but we were top. Suddenly we lose 2 players to long term injuries, we lose and don't play well.

Just need to make sure that that one off Walsall game was a just a one-off blip and we get right back on track against Southend.

Can see what he's saying. Basically asking if it might be the start of a bit of a slide. We'll see Monday I guess. Lose that one and more people will be getting a little bit more worried. Still so very early in the season though. Far too early to panic yet.

Indeed, it would just be great to have this feel good factor all season! Teams like Man Utd, Chelsea etc all expect to win so it doesnt mean as much but for teams like us it is so different and thats what makes football special.

bringbackrattles

I should have wrote : Are We Jinxed ? All clubs go through dodgy times but we seem to have more than most.

hill83

No we are not doomed, these are setbacks every football team has in the course of the season. It is just you aren't fully aware of all the problems other teams have.

It's the same as people bleating "Why is it only us that seem to take ages to sign players"

Ashdown

And when we do they're unproven 18 years olds :facepalm:

Many of our signings have been garbage over the last few years. Armstrong has been a revelation for 3 games and we all hope that it continues but he is a rarity and an exception not the norm !

H

Huckerby

Many of our signings have been garbage over the last few years. Armstrong has been a revelation for 3 games and we all hope that it continues but he is a rarity and an exception not the norm !

How do you know it's an exception when its a different manager who signed him?

Everyone was bigging TM up, then people were panicking when we hadn't signed every player that was flaunted his way, then when he signed Armstrong people said he was an unproved 18 year old who wasn't what we needed and we still needed a 20 goal a season striker. Now you're comparing him to the shite Pressley signed saying it's an exception and not the norm. Get a grip and trust the man

Gazolba

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2477

The difference is we are trying to run the club on 0 investement by our owners which results in a threadbare squad. When we have the full squad of players were are challenging with the best but lose a couple and the cupboard is bare of any decent replacement leaving us a second rate team

mrtrench

Fair comment but I never mentioned that did I ? I mean in all things concerning our club we seem to get no good fortune.

No such thing as luck. Players get injured, all teams will have key players out; bad planning results in fuck ups with all projects including railway stations; you recruit internationals and they will go on international duty.

Are you bald? Hair are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos, and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight. :)

bringbackrattles

No such thing as luck. Players get injured, all teams will have key players out; bad planning results in fuck ups with all projects including railway stations; you recruit internationals and they will go on international duty.

Are you bald? Hair are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos, and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight. :)
No I've a decent head of hair even though it's going grey ! But you say there's no such thing as luck but why do managers always say we rode our luck after a game ? And we were lucky when that shot hit the post in the last seconds or we'd have lost etc ? Good fortune and bad fortune doesn't it exist then ?

mrtrench

Because they are people and some people like to believe in luck. I don't. The ball hitting the post was predetermined from the moment he kicked it.

bringbackrattles

Because they are people and some people like to believe in luck. I don't. The ball hitting the post was predetermined from the moment he kicked it.
I like you're thinking I can tell you're into psychology and you've read Jung and Freud ? I too am interested in the mind and how it works and do believe the brain is more powerful than any computer. So do you think the reason why our club hasn't had any success for many years could be down to wrong thinking on and off the pitch ?

skybluegod

Agree 100%, no such thing as luck, it's all about the the decisions made and the timing of those decisions....

Bringbackrattles- the lack of success over the years is of course down to wrong thinking on and off the pitch, mismanagement by owners isn't luck, it is poor decision making by the men in charge. On the pitch, it's not lucky if a player plays an extra pass you send someone in on goal or, takes a shot from 49 yards and misses. It's all about the ability of the human mind to take in all of the environmental input, process the info and come up with a successful(unsuccessful) output/decision.

bringbackrattles

Agree 100%, no such thing as luck, it's all about the the decisions made and the timing of those decisions....

Bringbackrattles- the lack of success over the years is of course down to wrong thinking on and off the pitch, mismanagement by owners isn't luck, it is poor decision making by the men in charge. On the pitch, it's not lucky if a player plays an extra pass you send someone in on goal or, takes a shot from 49 yards and misses. It's all about the ability of the human mind to take in all of the environmental input, process the info and come up with a successful(unsuccessful) output/decision.[/QUOTE As Descartes said : I think therefore I am. Or was it Brian Clough !

bringbackrattles

I have noticed though that many clubs these days have introduced psychologists into their coaching staff and many players say they have become better through using them,I wonder if we've got one ?

runner

I have noticed though that many clubs these days have introduced psychologists into their coaching staff and many players say they have become better through using them,I wonder if we've got one ?

We have ... but they haven't got past the Directors Board room yet ... let alone the players, there is every chance they will be in that office for sometime, many our players by then will be retired from the game !

skybluegod

Doubt it it would very expensive, I think most top clubs have them but I doubt any have them in league one.

Users who are viewing this thread