Are the play-offs still on? (1 Viewer)

block16

From what I've seen so far, league one is incredible poor this season. We've only been narrowly beaten by the teams we've lost to and we've been awful so far. The Bristol game for example was very even, despite a poor performance from us.
I feel if Pressley has the squad motivated and all pulling in the same direction, we have the quality within this side to make it. Keep hold of Nouble and Madine and bring in a GK and a centre mid with a bit of quality about them, and we could a reasonable side for this division.
Its still early and people seem way too down over things and hearing a lot of 'season over' claims. We're still in with a strong shout of a Wembley final and (hopefully) have come through the worst of our season. Can't help but think the Worcester game was a huge turning point, will be interesting to see which way we turn.

The next few games are massive in shaping how the rest of the season goes, and January will also be very important this year. We're only 9 points off and there is nothing in this league that would trouble a hard working consistent side, its just whether or not we're capable of being that.

Hincha

Not a chance, we are more likely to finish closer to the relegation zone than the play-offs.

Woodster

Judging on the previous benchmark of circa 75 points then we'd need to take around 58 points from 30 games. To put that in context we took 12 points from our first 7 games, which extrapolated wouldn't be enough.

Of course we're only 1/3 of the season in and anything is still technically possible with 90 points on offer but, lets be realistic, we've gone all season without putting together a good 90 minute performance so the signs aren't particularly promising!

skybluebeduff

Judging on the previous benchmark of circa 75 points then we'd need to take around 58 points from 30 games. To put that in context we took 12 points from our first 7 games, which extrapolated wouldn't be enough.

Of course we're only 1/3 of the season in and anything is still technically possible with 90 points on offer but, lets be realistic, we've gone all season without putting together a good 90 minute performance so the signs aren't particularly promising!

To sum it up then, no chance! ;)

block16

I think if we can get to around 6 points off by the January then we can really start to judge Pressley. Sounds like they'll be a lot of business in and out I just think its a long way from season over. Especially with 2 rounds to Wembley in a cup against sides equally crap as us that momentum could be a help

sky_blue_up_north

No chance but could do the Tin Pot if we get the right draw....

Otis

We are not good enough.

Major surgery needed and by the time we bring in this keeper and midfielder etc. 3/4 of season will probably be gone.

stupot07

No, we're not good enough.

1/3 of the season has gone. There may only be 9 points between us and 6th, however we know that 73-74 points is usually the benchmark. So we'd need to get 56-57 points in our remaining 30 games = 1.87-1.9 points per game, which is pretty much automatic promotion form (86-87 over 46 games), we could probably only afford to lose 3-4 more games, We're just not good enough to put on that kind of sustained run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The Reverend Skyblue

From what I've seen so far, league one is incredible poor this season. We've only been narrowly beaten by the teams we've lost to and we've been awful so far. The Bristol game for example was very even, despite a poor performance from us.
I feel if Pressley has the squad motivated and all pulling in the same direction, we have the quality within this side to make it. Keep hold of Nouble and Madine and bring in a GK and a centre mid with a bit of quality about them, and we could a reasonable side for this division.
Its still early and people seem way too down over things and hearing a lot of 'season over' claims. We're still in with a strong shout of a Wembley final and (hopefully) have come through the worst of our season. Can't help but think the Worcester game was a huge turning point, will be interesting to see which way we turn.

The next few games are massive in shaping how the rest of the season goes, and January will also be very important this year. We're only 9 points off and there is nothing in this league that would trouble a hard working consistent side, its just whether or not we're capable of being that.

Very very good question and I have thought about it for the last 3.2 seconds, and the answer is not a snowballs chance in hell will we get near the playoffs, unless we change the keeper and get a tough tackling midfielder and Pressley to change tactics so we attack at some point in the game.

Taking into account the chance SISU investing, and Pressley bringing in the right type of player ,the answer overall is NO.

Lower midtable at best with this team and manager

Godiva

A handy way to estimate how many games it will take to catch up with the leaders:
Calculate the points difference. The result will roughly be the number of games needed to win in-a-row.

We are currently 9 points off the play-off - so it will take us 9 wins in a row to catch up.

Say we do win 9, that will give us 27p + 17p we currently have = 44p.
Notts Co average 1.73p/game. They will then have (9x1.73p) + 26p = 42p.

It will require an amazing run of form to catch up.

RoboCCFC90

I think personally that if we play how we have shown we can and go on a bit of a run then of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hill83

Barring any major terrorist attacks, extreme weather or virus outbreaks they are scheduled for May 2015.
So there's a good chance they are still on.

ccfcway

I feel if Pressley has the squad motivated and all pulling in the same direction, we have the quality within this side to make it. .

48 hours later, still feel the same. If you were there today i am not sure you would

stupot07

48 hours later, still feel the same. If you were there today i am not sure you would

Yep, the squad aren't good enough and the manager is now walking on thin ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread