Apple IPhone 6s Plus (1 Viewer)

Adge

Screen needs replacement-any one know any good places that are responsible/reasonable that won’t rob me blind or is it worth bothering with?
Not that fussed with the latest phone etc (for £80 a month) just want to bang a sim only in it for £15/month.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I have done them before and it's a bit of a pain in the arse and fiddly but not too hard.

I did a battery on one not so long ago for my daughter where you effectively take the screen off and as long as you have steady hands and a bit of patience you could probably do it yourself with a full kit off ebay! If you do the screen, get a new battery to put in while you have it apart!

If not, there's a place on Far Gosford St that was recommended.

shmmeee

DO NOT go to the stall in Cannon Park!

Absolute nightmare with my daughters iPhone 6. Went in for a cracked screen, said it'd be an hour. Came back and he'd broken the phone and started begging to keep it overnight to fix it. Has to send my parents to pick it up as I was at work the next day and he didn't give us any money off or even a receipt. Two weeks later and lines start appearing on the screen, then it just stops working all together. Took it back again and he tried to charge to fix it!

Nick

Administrator
DO NOT go to the stall in Cannon Park!

Absolute nightmare with my daughters iPhone 6. Went in for a cracked screen, said it'd be an hour. Came back and he'd broken the phone and started begging to keep it overnight to fix it. Has to send my parents to pick it up as I was at work the next day and he didn't give us any money off or even a receipt. Two weeks later and lines start appearing on the screen, then it just stops working all together. Took it back again and he tried to charge to fix it!

Yeah don't trust those dodgy stalls.

Adge

Just as a side note I got a quote from an apple store (there is one in Leamington) £179 :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread