Applause on 12 mins for Oxford fan (1 Viewer)

Essexyellows

Obsessive Dot Counter
Story here: Terminally-ill Oxford United fan added to team - BBC News
Sadly Steve never made it to see his name either on the home programmes or for Wembley where he is named as Number 12.
There are some folk organising a minutes applause in the 12th minute......... not wanting to sound harsh but I`m not a lover of such things.
There are many supporters of ours & yours fighting their own battles and singling out one seems wrong to me..... I will join in.... but it will be for everyone who is either fighting, has fought & their friends and family irrespective of what club. Many of us will have friends,family etc that we wish were there so thats who it`ll be for in my seat.

Sbarcher

Story here: Terminally-ill Oxford United fan added to team - BBC News
Sadly Steve never made it to see his name either on the home programmes or for Wembley where he is named as Number 12.
There are some folk organising a minutes applause in the 12th minute......... not wanting to sound harsh but I`m not a lover of such things.
There are many supporters of ours & yours fighting their own battles and singling out one seems wrong to me..... I will join in.... but it will be for everyone who is either fighting, has fought & their friends and family irrespective of what club. Many of us will have friends,family etc that we wish were there so thats who it`ll be for in my seat.
Seems there are some people on your Yellows Forum a little unhappy about this as he upped sticks and went to live in America some time ago. As you say, we all have fans dying during the season. If they are young or maybe cut short through tragedy then ok, let's remember them. Oh dear, am I lacking a sensitive side.....

Nick

Administrator
I'd imagine it will probably be when the screen shows the 12th minute and everyone else starts clapping

I guess you have missed all of the other "x minute" things where people get confused ;)

Would also be nice to have a picture of him on the screen so people know why they are clapping and join in.

Users who are viewing this thread