Apart from McG, any news on the other loan signings? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
I meant by the standards of what we have spent this season, I.e 1 solitary fee of £100k. Swindon had to pay £140k compensation for James Collins and he'd only been at Shrewsbury for 18 months.

Huddlesfield reportedly agreed a compesation of around £400k for Norwood in the summer, we had to pay £650k for borrowdale.

Anything around or above £100k is hefty fee for us

Stop being so negative.

Realism is the new negativity .... apparently. :whistle:

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
I meant by the standards of what we have spent this season, I.e 1 solitary fee of £100k. Swindon had to pay £140k compensation for James Collins and he'd only been at Shrewsbury for 18 months.

Huddlesfield reportedly agreed a compesation of around £400k for Norwood in the summer, we had to pay £650k for borrowdale.

Anything around or above £100k is hefty fee for us

Why not sign someone for £1.2m but withhold the money later?

covcity4life

Apr 16, 2010
Stop being so negative.

Realism is the new negativity .... apparently. :whistle:

Don't call yourself realistic Otis. 14th place lol

Yet those who believed in playoffs were ridiculed and now it looks more likely than 14th

So who's realistic again?

mrtrench

Aug 17, 2008
Somewhere between the waitress and her table.
Don't call yourself realistic Otis. 14th place lol

Yet those who believed in playoffs were ridiculed and now it looks more likely than 14th

So who's realistic again?

The thing with realism is that it uses all the information available at that time. Using information not yet available is either optimism or pessimism.

covcity4life

Apr 16, 2010
The thing with realism is that it uses all the information available at that time. Using information not yet available is either optimism or pessimism.

I based my opinion on our superior squad

So not optimism just sound football knowledge

Mucca Mad Boys

Jul 26, 2012
Coventry
Even trolling on Christmas day. How pathetic.

CCFC4L does have a point, in a way, at the start of the season (1st 8 games) it looked like we'd come 14th, based on form. However, compare our team with others, playoffs is not unrealistic even considering our form, as I thought e had the team to turn it around - which we have, with good leadership from MR. Looking back, 14th with Thorn in charge would seem on the money, or thereabouts, with MR, the sky is the limit IMO.

Got to give the recruiters credit here, as I think MR would do a better job than Wise, the clear fans' choice.

Merry Xmas to all!

Users who are viewing this thread