Anyone see the Rangers incident tonight (1 Viewer)

Otis

Seems pretty obvious something racist was said to Kamara of Rangers by a Slavia Prague player.

Clearly the Czech player didn't wish the cameras to catch what he said, so he went right up to Kamara and spoke through cupped hands, therefore covering his mouth. The Rangers players seemed incredibly incensed.

Going to be very hard to prove I would have thought.

Sky Blue Pete

Seems pretty obvious something racist was said to Kamara of Rangers by a Slavia Prague player.

Clearly the Czech player didn't wish the cameras to catch what he said, so he went right up to Kamara and spoke through cupped hands, therefore covering his mouth. The Rangers players seemed incredibly incensed.

Going to be very hard to prove I would have thought.
Love that rangers say he was racially abused and slavia denied it.

Rangers should have walked off

Otis

Love that rangers say he was racially abused and slavia denied it.

Rangers should have walked off
If it wasn't racist, why cover your mouth so the cameras can't catch it.

And why would Slavia Prague deny it? Surely they should be saying they will investigate. Seemed like they were denying it straight away even before any footage was aired.

Nick

Administrator
In general players cover their mouths even when having a friendly chat nowadays, I don't get why they do it.

Yeah it's going to be hard to prove what was said, Rangers should have walked off or kicked fuck out of him.

Bugsy

reports are suggesting there was a incident in the tunnel and the player in question was attacked,

Slavia president Jaroslav Tvrdik also denied Kudela was guilty of racism. He claimed the 33-year-old was "physically attacked" after the game and that "the case was resolved by local police".

"We would like to see a detailed investigation of the whole situation by Uefa," added Tvrdik on social media.

A Uefa spokesperson said the governing body "is aware of an incident which occurred in the tunnel after the match and which involved some players of both teams.

"We are waiting to receive detailed reports of the match officials who were present at the game before commenting further."

Uefa is also awaiting reports regarding the alleged racist abuse.

Sky Blue Pete

reports are suggesting there was a incident in the tunnel and the player in question was attacked,

Slavia president Jaroslav Tvrdik also denied Kudela was guilty of racism. He claimed the 33-year-old was "physically attacked" after the game and that "the case was resolved by local police".

"We would like to see a detailed investigation of the whole situation by Uefa," added Tvrdik on social media.

A Uefa spokesperson said the governing body "is aware of an incident which occurred in the tunnel after the match and which involved some players of both teams.

"We are waiting to receive detailed reports of the match officials who were present at the game before commenting further."

Uefa is also awaiting reports regarding the alleged racist abuse.
Not one for physical attacks but when someone expects to have a sly word to wind someone up and then waltz off without any consequences that really pisses me off

David O'Day

If it wasn't racist, why cover your mouth so the cameras can't catch it.

And why would Slavia Prague deny it? Surely they should be saying they will investigate. Seemed like they were denying it straight away even before any footage was aired.

To be far that is how footballers talk a lot of the time

Anyway if someone was racist bank the c**t but also ban the c**t who split a keepers face open.

David O'Day

Also as much I love the idea of battering a racist if the Slavia player was assaulted then Rangers need to be hammered as well.

Evo1883

Also as much I love the idea of battering a racist if the Slavia player was assaulted then Rangers need to be hammered as well.

Thats a total contradiction isn't it?

You want the racist battered but want rangers hammered for battering him?

Obviously you'd feel the same I'd it was let's say... A celtic player.

Bit predictable mate come on

Evo1883

Anyway yea.. Not sure how they will get to the bottom of this.. If racist language was used then yes punish them.. Looking at the video though from several angles it looks like it's one players word against another and I don't know how they will come to a conclusion either way

Last edited:

rondog1973

Think he means the Harold Schumacher style assault that led to the first red card.

Covstu

If you watch the video, the SP player walks up to Camara says something in his ear, Camara goes totally off his head. He definitely said something that touched a very raw nerve. Apparently he called him a fucking monkey. I might be slightly biased on this one but I cannot see why he would have lost his shit as much as he did unless it was so offensive. Let’s hope it’s proven and they throw the book at this guy

David O'Day

No what I mean is i like the idea of punching racists but in a football context you can' lock them out of a dressing room and try to assault them.

I'd say they say no matter what the team is

Evo1883

No what I mean is i like the idea of punching racists but in a football context you can' lock them out of a dressing room and try to assault them.

I'd say they say no matter what the team is
They could do it On the sly though , surely 🤣

SBAndy

If you watch the video, the SP player walks up to Camara says something in his ear, Camara goes totally off his head. He definitely said something that touched a very raw nerve. Apparently he called him a fucking monkey. I might be slightly biased on this one but I cannot see why he would have lost his shit as much as he did unless it was so offensive. Let’s hope it’s proven and they throw the book at this guy

Out of curiosity, why would you be slightly biased on this?

I suppose the overarching issue here is how can you police this kind of thing? You’d like to think that teammates/clubs would gladly shop individuals doing this kind of thing but given some of the prehistoric mindsets we’ve seen from Eastern European football in recent times it feels unlikely to rely on this.

Covstu

Out of curiosity, why would you be slightly biased on this?

I suppose the overarching issue here is how can you police this kind of thing? You’d like to think that teammates/clubs would gladly shop individuals doing this kind of thing but given some of the prehistoric mindsets we’ve seen from Eastern European football in recent times it feels unlikely to rely on this.
All my family are Glasgow born and bred so Rangers been part of my growing up whether I liked it or not! I think Camara will have this option but I suppose unless one person can confirm they heard it as an opposing player then I doubt they will charge the fella

Users who are viewing this thread