Anyone have Takeover News/Update 12-01-12? (1 Viewer)

CCFC123

Has anyone got any news if the proposed takeover is still happening/not happening or is being kept quiet? Keys has dropped off the radar after dropping the hint that it was possibly happening.

One or two posters seem to have some knowledge of what's happening but possibly due to slagging off dont bother. Darknight knew a bit but has gone away recently.

Somebody must know if its ongoing, on or off !!!!

skybluealan

I woud'nt get any hopes up, SISU will take us down, then leave and we will start next season starting Div 1 10 points adrift

Regis87

I have been told from someone i know within the club that talks are ongoing .if it doesnt work out then administration is the next step .
No bullshit , no sensationalism , just what I have been told

CCFC123

They need to get thsi takeover (if there is one) done ASAP before anymore players left go out the door...

Snozzer

I've said all along that SISU won't budge until they've recouped as much as possible this month. GH is still there they are just the most unbelievably awkward group of people to deal with.
My bet is and always has been that they'll go when they've stripped out what they can.
Not what you want to hear but it's where we are at unfortunately.

Skybluedar

Correct Keys is on holidays and he said he wouldn't be on Twitter. There is without doubt talks going on behind the scenes for some time now. Stuart Linnell seems to be a "man in the know" or certainly someone with connections, def Elliott or Hoffman. No bid has gone in officially from what it looks like although you wouldn't know. A new offer could be on the table but both parties want to keep it out of the press to avoid what happened last time. SISU playing hardball but if they weren't open to it then they would have rubbished the rumours. Admin must be close!

Skybluedar

I've said all along that SISU won't budge until they've recouped as much as possible this month. GH is still there they are just the most unbelievably awkward group of people to deal with.
My bet is and always has been that they'll go when they've stripped out what they can.
Not what you want to hear but it's where we are at unfortunately.

Yes indeed you have said that all along and it is looking like being right on the money. So they strip the club for all the cash they can get, shore it up with LOAN replacements, and possibly sell to Hoffman and say good luck with the whole staying up thing...

lordsummerisle

Yes indeed you have said that all along and it is looking like being right on the money. So they strip the club for all the cash they can get, shore it up with LOAN replacements, and possibly sell to Hoffman and say good luck with the whole staying up thing...

Just shows that Hoffman's people(if they exist) have no cash, or interest in taking over a Championship Club.

shmmeee

Just shows that Hoffman's people(if they exist) have no cash, or interest in taking over a Championship Club.

Not really, just that SISU hold all the cards, unless Hoffman want's to pay £30m up front for the club (and if he does he's stupid).

Not saying Hoffman is the saviour, just that this doesn't really tell us one way or another. Apart from the fact that his backers aren't billionaire idiots who will throw cash down the drain, and I don't think there are many (any?) on here who thought they would be.

For me, if this is what it takes to get new owners in and hit the reset button, then so be it. It's not like we would have stayed up with Juke in the team and he would certainly have gone in the summer.

shmmeee

Anyone who expected a takeover before jan was just totally naive I'm afraid.

I'm telling you, if it was me I wouldn't touch the club until we're down. Let SISU take the fan's wrath, cheaper to get us promoted than save us this season and you reap all the benefits of a successful first season.

lordsummerisle

THEY CAN'T BUY THE CLUB TILL SISU WANT TO SELL!!!

Why can't you get that???

If they want to sell after selling everybody after January(ss people seem to be saying), then what is stopping Hoffman's group(if they exist), including the value of these players in their offer?

kingharvest

Also, what gets me about this is why people think it would happen quick.

If the ground is paramount to a takeover then there are now 3 deals to be done - with a hedge fund (ruthless) a council (feckin nightmare and slow) and a charity (the easiest of them by miles) so i imagine it could be a long process.

Hoffman the hero if he makes a bid and SISU the big bad wolf for not selling.

Kingharvest and Shmmeee have said it all for me. :claping hands:

kingharvest

If they want to sell after selling everybody after January(ss people seem to be saying), then what is stopping Hoffman's group(if they exist), including the value of these players in their offer?

Because why bother? we're way adrift of survival and to be frank, juke and clingan aren't worth the hassle. Better to wait till after and plan for next season

shmmeee

As I said, if you assume we're down without significant investment, then the fact that it's simply not worth it. Take Juke as an example, let's say we can get £2m for him now, or we can hang on till the summer when we are a L1 club and he wants out, plus he's in the last year of his contract. Then we get what? £1m? £1.5m? We (SISU/Hoffman/Sultan of Brunei) have lost £500k for no reason.

At this point only a City fan would buy the club. Even if we put £10m in this season, there's no guarantee we'd stay up, and we'd be paying inflated January prices anyway. Then next season we have another hard slog in the Championship where anything can happen.

However, the smart money waits until the summer (or preferably just before). Buys a L1 club on the cheap, has all the deadwood gone and can spend relatively little to get a (relatively) successful side. We have the double whammy of new owners and a promotion season to boost crowds, and spend the real money next year on the crest of a wave.

Put simply: would Southampton be top of the league if they had started rebuilding in the Championship, or has the time in L1 enabled them to add cash to the momentum of promotion to give them a fillip?

EDIT: By the way, I should point out that I'm talking hypotheticals here. I genuinely don't think a takeover will happen at all.

BurbageSkyBlues

SISU playing hardball, trying to force (any) potential buyers to pay the price that SISU demand, hoping that emotion will overcome business sense.

But like others have said, it would be easier to come in to a broken club, with no debts, and build from scratch, generating interest and momentum with considered purchases. It's only an opinion, but that might be better longterm, rather than lining their pockets to make them go, and having less cash to rebuild in this division?

lordsummerisle

As I said, if you assume we're down without significant investment, then the fact that it's simply not worth it. Take Juke as an example, let's say we can get £2m for him now, or we can hang on till the summer when we are a L1 club and he wants out, plus he's in the last year of his contract. Then we get what? £1m? £1.5m? We (SISU/Hoffman/Sultan of Brunei) have lost £500k for no reason.

At this point only a City fan would buy the club. Even if we put £10m in this season, there's no guarantee we'd stay up, and we'd be paying inflated January prices anyway. Then next season we have another hard slog in the Championship where anything can happen.

However, the smart money waits until the summer (or preferably just before). Buys a L1 club on the cheap, has all the deadwood gone and can spend relatively little to get a (relatively) successful side. We have the double whammy of new owners and a promotion season to boost crowds, and spend the real money next year on the crest of a wave.

Put simply: would Southampton be top of the league if they had started rebuilding in the Championship, or has the time in L1 enabled them to add cash to the momentum of promotion to give them a fillip?

EDIT: By the way, I should point out that I'm talking hypotheticals here. I genuinely don't think a takeover will happen at all.

I agree entirely with you, merely pointing out the inconsistencies of some of the Pro-Hoffman(if they exist) lobby.

We're beyond any help really, and have been for years, a basket case, though not alone in that.

Reality going to hit football soon, and that includes fans as well as owners, read today that Bolton are £90m plus in debt, the game is mad.

Sub

379909_10151152509280548_721665547_22572067_1677876278_n.jpg
on face book lol :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

PhilWasn'tBabb

For every Southampton, there's a Bradford or a Luton .... I think we're more likely to be in that bracket. Whats that state, were the only club not to finish in the top 6 of any division for 40 years.

Users who are viewing this thread