anyone else really suffer with hangovers (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

As I've got older they've got worse.
Almost enough to make me give up

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Avoid hangovers. Stay drunk! :whistle:

ajsccfc

I don't generally get them, but I do end up being wide awake stupidly early and the tiredness wipes me out longer. Rather just get sick and feel better that way.

bringbackrattles

I like a good drink on a Saturday and as I watched the boxing in the pub with my son and a mate really had a skinful last night. But I agree that the hangovers get worse as you get older as I've felt rough all day,feel like Froch has given my head a right hook !

stupot07

As I've got older they've got worse.
Almost enough to make me give up

Yeah, have always suffered with hangovers but they have gotten worse as I've got older. The missus is never impressed when I've been out as you can completely write off the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Covstu

yep totally agree, it now takes me two days to get over a heavy nights drinking. I have cut down as a result (and partly to lose some weight!)

Johnnythespider

Try taking 2 paracetamol when you go out and then 2 more after every 4 hours until you get home, then come back on here and let me know if it works. :)

RegTheDonk

Rarely have more than a few pints, not used to it anymore. A pint of water before bed stops any hangover...just means getting up in the night for a piss.

SkyblueBazza

I must admit a much better sleep is achieved & awake feeling really refreshed without having a drink the night before.

PUSB

stupot07

yep and with two kids under the age of 4, i cannot cope with feeling shite!

Ha ha yeah I have a 3 & 7 year old. I feel your pain, literally!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetony176

Don't mix drinks. I drink the black stuff (Guinness to the heathens) and that helps on it's own as it's not loaded with chemicals like lager. Then I go onto Black Russians. Same colour, so not mixing.

Grendel

I can drink on average 8 pints of strong beer and it has zilch effect either on the night or the next day.

Otis

Then why do it ?

Reminds me of a comment on The Big Questions last week.

The discussion was about hell and heaven and this Muslim cleric was talking about what heaven will be like and he said there would be a river of wine, to which Nicky Campbell quipped, 'Alcoholic wine?' 'Yes,' came the reply, though the cleric then quickly added, 'but with this wine you wouldn't feel the effects of the alcohol.'

'So what's the point of that then?' Campbell replied. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread