Anyone else going to Nailcote Hall - 1987 celebration tonight (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

Looking forward to this tonight apparently a lot of the 87 team will be there

oucho

No although will be attending 30th anniversary knees up with the London Supporters on the day itself.

Bob Latchford

Looking forward to this tonight apparently a lot of the 87 team will be there

What , players will be there from the 87 team celebrating 87 celebration ????? in the style of Phoebe off friends - stop this madness OMG . :woot:

Bob Latchford

Unless George Dalton is going , I aint ! :rage:

NortonSkyBlue

What , players will be there from the 87 team celebrating 87 celebration ????? in the style of Phoebe off friends - stop this madness OMG . :woot:
Whilst I agree there tended to be an overkill in years gone by, surely the 30th anniversary is worth celebrating as people like George and John are not in the best of health and will probably not be around much longer.

Adge

Was going but when I heard John Poynton couldn't make it that was it for me!
Wouldn't of minded going but I thought the £50 was a bit excessive if only "some" of the team are there.

Bob Latchford

If that lad who got in on the 87 team picture fair/gingerish hair , on the left hand side , damned if I can recall his name goes - I'm in !

clint van damme

Was going but when I heard John Poynton couldn't make it that was it for me!
Wouldn't of minded going but I thought the £50 was a bit excessive if only "some" of the team are there.

makes sense as according to some on here it's the owners people support not the actual team.

bringbackrattles

Listening to the programme on the radio now. Great to hear the memories of that day etc. I was there in 87 and it was a great time. But other than the recent Checkatrade Trophy win we've had nowt to celebrate.
In 30 years time will they have Robins and co in a hotel somewhere talking about the Wembley win ? Hopefully before that we win something !

shy_tall_knight

A summary of the night, Billy bell very funny, after showing highlights of the semi & wembley between courses interviewed the following
Oggy - talked abot hids daughter being born the day before
Greggy talked about having a second career as a policeman also about Waddle being such a good player
Nick Pickering very passionate about it remembers the atmosphere at Stoke and thinks the best game of the cup run was the quarter final
Benno - can't remember what he said
Cyrille talked about Sillett agrreeing to play the ball to feet and the comradery within the camp
Trevor peake talked about the Clive allen incident where he is suspended in mid-air and about working a job and playing for nuneaton before getting to Lincoln
Houchen talke about the career that he had had prior to joining cov and all the knock backs that he had
Sillett about breathing life back into the city with the exploits of the team.

Spoke to Houch who is a well balanced guy in great shape from the outside but has had one knee replaced and is due another knee replacement blames that on the non-league football towards the end of his career.

Good night for me finished off with shaking john Sillett;s hand and thanking him for the best sporting day of my life.

Warwickhunt

Really enjoyed last night! Shame about Gynnie though he was missing due to family bereavement, agree about Nick Pickering though he came over to our table each table had a former player representing it and ours was Nick. Tell you what though he still holds the passion for CCFC his opening gambit was "its our club and always will be and the formers players society is one of the best" he had some wonderful war stories of his time with us and the commeradery with in all the players. Top guy

Bob Latchford

Warwickhunt

Where have those 30 years gone?

Attachments

• 18527358_1890912431147660_9023520053720852045_o.jpg
    18527358_1890912431147660_9023520053720852045_o.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 17

Bob Latchford

stevefloyd

A summary of the night, Billy bell very funny, after showing highlights of the semi & wembley between courses interviewed the following
Oggy - talked abot hids daughter being born the day before
Greggy talked about having a second career as a policeman also about Waddle being such a good player
Nick Pickering very passionate about it remembers the atmosphere at Stoke and thinks the best game of the cup run was the quarter final
Benno - can't remember what he said
Cyrille talked about Sillett agrreeing to play the ball to feet and the comradery within the camp
Trevor peake talked about the Clive allen incident where he is suspended in mid-air and about working a job and playing for nuneaton before getting to Lincoln
Houchen talke about the career that he had had prior to joining cov and all the knock backs that he had
Sillett about breathing life back into the city with the exploits of the team.

Spoke to Houch who is a well balanced guy in great shape from the outside but has had one knee replaced and is due another knee replacement blames that on the non-league football towards the end of his career.

Good night for me finished off with shaking john Sillett;s hand and thanking him for the best sporting day of my life.
Love this thank you for the report

Users who are viewing this thread