Anyone else completely and totally excited about the up and coming Prometheus? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Never been so excited about a film since god knows when.

Not out til 1st of June but all the talk is about booking now!!

Anyone else with the same degree of anticipation?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Never heard of it Otis? Is it like Gladiator or summat?

Houchens Head

Arrrggghhhh!! Just checked it out on imdb. Not for me mate! I can't STAND sci-fi!!

Otis

Well I absolutely loved Alien and also Blade Runner. Two of my favourite films of all time. Ridley Scott is a fantastic director too. This is supposed to be a prequel in some ways to Alien.

First time I can ever recall anyone telling you to book now for a film that is not on until a month's time.

I have never got that excited about a film before. It's like City in the FA Cup Final!! :D

Showing the full trailer on Channel 4 at the mo on every advert break and it looks fantastic.

Houchens Head

Quite like Laurel and Hardy films meself!! They make me laugh, anyway! :D

Marty

Haven't heard about it, but i like sci-fi stuff, hope it's not more 3D bullshit though.

Otis

Haven't heard about it, but i like sci-fi stuff, hope it's not more 3D bullshit though.

Well it's a prequel to Alien and it's the same director as the original Alien film.

Tis going to be available in 3D, but then just about everything is these days. You can always just watch it in 2D

And as for Laurel and Hardy, I absolutely love their films too ..... though am not so keen on their sci-fi stuff.

Houchens Head

And as for Laurel and Hardy, I absolutely love their films too ..... though am not so keen on their sci-fi stuff.

I agree! the special effects were shite in the 1920's! You could always see the strings holding the rockets up. And smiling suns and moons? What was all that about!! :D

Marty

Well it's a prequel to Alien and it's the same director as the original Alien film.

Tis going to be available in 3D, but then just about everything is these days. You can always just watch it in 2D

I didn't enjoy aliens. so probably won't like this.

Otis

Aliens is a very different film to Alien though isn't it.

Alien was very atmospheric and tension building and Aliens a lot more gung ho.

Coventry La La La

Thanks for sharing this Otis, didn't know this was coming out and it looks like it will be a fantastic film. :pimp:

[video=youtube;a9jRaa4Wkbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9jRaa4Wkbk[/video]

Last edited:

Otis

Does look brilliant and there is a real clamour for tickets and this is a month before its release.

May have to get in there early myself.

I like my sci-fi intelligent on the whole and this is why I am a big fan of Blade Runner and Dark City and The Matrix but not of Star Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread