Anyone care to admit they hope we get hammered this weekend ? (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

As a city fan I hate to see us lose, but perversely if our manager's tenure is to end, I hope it's quick and if a 4 -0 stuffing brings it to an end, so be it.

If we scrape a win, draw the next match and "the players are doing everything I am asking of them , make no mistake. Unbeaten. Four points from two games" ....blah, blah blah .........he will be given another dozen games.

if we do lose badly, he will undoubtedly deserve the sack in my opinion........make no mistake.

Doubt whether our owners will care whatever the outcome.

Hobo

Nope, never wish us to get hammered.

Samo

As a city fan I hate to see us lose, but perversely if our manager's tenure is to end, I
hope it's quick and if a 4 -0 stuffing brings it to an end, so be it.

If we scrape a win, draw the next match and "the players are doing everything I am asking of them , make no mistake. Unbeaten. Four points from two games" ....blah, blah blah .........he will be given another dozen games.

if we do lose badly, he will undoubtedly deserve the sack in my opinion........make no mistake.

I'll admit I am conflicted. A defeat or two now resulting in SP's sacking might just keep us up.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'll admit I am conflicted. A defeat or two now resulting in SP's sacking might just keep us up.

...exactly the same with me. I know people will say that there may be no one else better who would care to come in but should we lose the next couple of matches I quite frankly wouldn't care.

hill83

Never. The only thing I want to get hammered this weekend is me as I'm off out for a selection of beers, spirits and a kebab.

I do understand where you are coming from though.

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Bloody hell. 3 points on Saturday is a lot MORE likely to keep us up.

A defeat is totally unacceptable, even by our standards.

Samo

...exactly the same with me. I know people will say that there may be no one else better who would care to come in but should we lose the next
couple of matches I quite frankly wouldn't care.

Yep... and by the way, there will be plenty of takers for the job

Samo

Bloody hell. 3 points on Saturday is a lot MORE likely to keep us up.

Not for me. The best chance of staying up is SP's departure, so the sooner the better

Grendel

As a city fan I hate to see us lose, but perversely if our manager's tenure is to end, I hope it's quick and if a 4 -0 stuffing brings it to an end, so be it.

I desperately wanted us to lose against Brighton as thorn would then have been sacked. That win meant we kept the useless twat and we were relegated.

If we lost and say mark robins was recruited I am convinced we would have survived in the championship. It was a pivotal moment.

Kingokings204

I wanted us to beat yeovil Saturday 4-0 but I see the logic but 3 points for me would kickstart the revival.

Not every new manager works out you know

W

westcountry_skyblue

I am going and want a win and will always sing my heart out.
Doesn't matter if we get beat I think sisu are to tight to sack him and bring another in.

AndreasB

couple of bits - not sure who is waiting in the wings - I would be quite scared by some of the candidates who we could possibly get.

Our luck may mean we could change our manager and actually get worse.

covhead1

couple of bits - not sure who is waiting in the wings - I would be quite scared by some of the candidates who we could possibly get.

Please explain to me how the fuck we could get worse!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

if we lose the next two I don't think you will really care any more !

Terry Gibson's perm

No wouldn't like to see us get beat as I don't think they will sack him even if we do.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

covhead1

Don't think they would have to sack him if we lost to Yeovil, WHY? now whats the word i'm looking for .....ah yes HARIKARI

skybluebeduff

They never sacked Thorn before the inevitable, why think differently now?

People need to start showing the discontent in the stadium and they just might take notice.

A simple "you don't know what you're doing"

[video=youtube;mKjbZ3Ghf3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKjbZ3Ghf3E[/video]

No? Too jazzy?

Samo

They never sacked Thorn before the inevitable, why think differently now?

People need to start showing the discontent in the stadium and they just might take notice.

A simple "you don't know what you're doing"

[video=youtube;mKjbZ3Ghf3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKjbZ3Ghf3E[/video]

No? Too jazzy?

Yes its time for that, surprised it hasn't happened already.

Chez78

Never wish us to get hammered but I am at the stage of laughing at it when we are loosing.

Gillingham just summed it up, we concede our first cause the very player our manager leapt to the defence of earlier in the week cocked up AGAIN!, we give away a penalty which is taken by a player who we deemed not to be good enough (has more goals than both our top scorers put together), at the same time a player we sold slams in the winner for a rival of the cross of another player we deemed not good enough (Blair Adams), not forgetting our former captain (who's legs have gone) scores the winner for a top 7 team.
Then just to finish the kick in the balls of they go and get a third, pretty much after that I've decided all you can do is laugh at how bad we are.

Noggin

This would be an awful game to lose, it's a 6 pointer, will quite possibly put us in the relegation zone with a much much more difficult period coming and a win would take the pressure off massively. I can understand that a win will just temporarily paper over the cracks but this is such a vital game I don't know how anyone could want to lose it.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

This would be an awful game to lose, it's a 6 pointer, will quite possibly put us in the relegation zone with a much much more difficult period coming and a win would take the pressure off massively. I can understand that a win will just temporarily paper over the cracks but this is such a vital game I don't know how anyone could want to lose it.

You're absolutely right. The reality is, of course,that we could lose and the consequences could be catastrophic. We are gaining momentum of the wrong sort that may be unstoppable. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's an express train coming right at us.

Steve.B50

Never. The only thing I want to get hammered this weekend is me as I'm off out for a selection of beers, spirits and a kebab.

I do understand where you are coming from though.

think about your waistline.
no decent kebab places in Buliknington.

ccfctommy

No, we can't afford another defeat.

Ashdown

Struggle to ever wish for a defeat, won't be gutted but never am now either. Pressley is only part of the problem though, so his removal won't bring about a miracle revival !

fernandopartridge

Why would owners who don't care sack him then?

Users who are viewing this thread