Anyone booked a holiday yet? (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Me and the missus were talking about booking a holiday for somethimg to look forward too but couldn’t work out whether we stay in the UK or not. Would prefer to go abroad and we normally privately rent but would need to look at package holidays in August which are just so expensive (however hopefully get the protection if we are still all diseased). Got 2 kids so that added complication (and expense) but we are just really torn on what is best. Thinking we stay local this year I.e. devon until we know what the crack is then back abroad next year.

anyone booked owt yet?

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

We've not booked anything yet, we were supposed to be on a cruise in april but that has been cancelled and im not sure when to try and rearrange something for yet. Id like to think a UK holiday would be possible in the summer but ive given up predicting wtf is going to happen next.

None of that is very helpful i suspect 🤣

clint van damme

booked a trip to Berlin for a gig in June, not confident we're going to be able to travel but at the time of booking I needed to have something to look forward to or I'd have gone mad.
If I was looking for a holiday I'd stick to the UK. Went Cornwall for the first time in years in September and had a fantastic time.

chiefdave

Supposed to be going to a music festival in March, postponed from last March, but there's pretty much zero chance of that happening.

Been tempted by some of the flight offers, particularly the low prices to Vegas, but not sure if its worth the risk.

skyblue1991

Cannot see me going abroad until 2022. If I holiday anyway it will be in the UK for a few long weekends

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Covstu

This is where I am, can get a caravan for circa 1500 or pay 2500 to 3k for a holiday which might be a disaster.

clint van damme

Supposed to be going to a mu
This is where I am, can get a caravan for circa 1500 or pay 2500 to 3k for a holiday which might be a disaster.

go UK mate, kids will have a great time regardless. You'll be gutted if you have to tell them a foreign trip off a few days before hand and probably get guilt tripped in to spending a fortune on some last minute UK jaunt anyway.

Covkid1968#

Turkey in July and a tiny Greek island in August. Normally do India but no chance this year!!!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Even if you can get abroad, its gonna be stressful and more expensive....even if it all goes well.
I've booked a holiday cottage and several camping trips across the school hols....all in the uk.....
It's all a bit of a gamble innit

Covstu

go UK mate, kids will have a great time regardless. You'll be gutted if you have to tell them a foreign trip off a few days before hand and probably get guilt tripped in to spending a fortune on some last minute UK jaunt anyway.
Think your right, kids will have a blast regardless and can save a chunk towards next year or a long weekend away if we get a chance.

Covstu

Even if you can get abroad, its gonna be stressful and more expensive....even if it all goes well.
I've booked a holiday cottage and several camping trips across the school hols....all in the uk.....
It's all a bit of a gamble innit
Yep this is where I am at the moment. Not guaranteed weather but least I will be able to assess alot sooner

Covkid1968#

Went Greek island late last year... amazing.... no one there .... plane was empty.....had a brilliant time

Ian1779

Was planning Australia for July/August - was supposed to go in 2020, looks like Oz won’t open their borders to Europe till October at the earliest now.

clint van damme

Was planning Australia for July/August - was supposed to go in 2020, looks like Oz won’t open their borders to Europe till October at the earliest now.

I feel your pain.
Was supposed to be going SE Asia end of the month

Need to get a job for the next 12 months now!!

Sky Blue Pete

If anyone is renting a house in Cornwall we are setting up a furnished holiday home in st eval. Hope to be up and running end May / June.

Really good spot for surfing and family beaches and walks etc

CJ_covblaze

Jamaica in two weeks. Got a 1% chance of that though. Got Lanzarote booked for my stag in April/May, Woolacombe in August and Budapest for our game in September which I’m a bit more hopeful about. Honeymoon in October and a few more football trips that will hopefully be booked. Who knows what we’re going to be able to do though. A lot rests on the vaccine.

rob9872

Italy booked for June, silver wedding anniversary, going back to where we spent our honeymoon, so really hopeful but wouldn't bet my last quid on it!

skybluetony176

Tough one. What’s going to be the isolation rules when you get back or even get there. Hopefully will get one holiday in as aside from the kid’s missing school no holiday last year on a personal level was the most difficult part. Had two foreign holidays and a week in Wales booked last year and had to cancel every single one of them.

I suspect that if you’re one of the lucky ones and get a vaccine it will be easier for you to travel than someone who hasn’t yet had the vaccine, both when you arrive at your destination and when you return home. At least for the adults in your party, so we’re not planning on planning anything until myself and the wife at least know when we’re going to be offered the vaccine. The wife qualifies for round 2 and me for round 4 so hopefully it won’t be too long.

stay_up_skyblues

Supposed to be going France in April, that was originally scheduled for October 20 but got pushed back. Not optimistic.

Supposed to be getting married in August (that was scheduled for November 20) and have a fortnight booked off after it for a honeymoon but haven’t booked anything yet. Not banking on the wedding happening yet let alone a trip away after.

In response to the OP. Can’t go wrong with Cornwall for the kids. If you want a higher end caravan/static home break have a look at Hendra just outside Newquay. Clean, modern and well run, Pontins/Haven it is not (although nowt wrong with either of those).

Sky_Blue_Daz

We were talking about booking one on Christmas night but I think we’ll leave it a while

Ian1779

If it wasn't for family, I could quite happily move to Skye. Amazing place - albeit full of tourists, as well!
We’ve talked about the something similar, not quite Skye, but places in the Highlands, around Loch Lomond or Loch Ness. Family is the tie that holds (in our case unwell parents) - maybe something for the future.

skyblueinBaku

If anyone is renting a house in Cornwall we are setting up a furnished holiday home in st eval. Hope to be up and running end May / June.

Really good spot for surfing and family beaches and walks etc
I lived in St. Eval when I was in the RAF at St. Mawgan during the '70s. There are some beautiful beaches around there.

OffenhamSkyBlue

We have a ski apartment booked in the French Alps in March - would be our first time away since same time last year, as everything else we had planned was cancelled or postponed.
Can't see it happening that soon though. Bollocks!
Have a week booked in a remote cottage on Loch Awe in Argyll in May which will hopefully happen, and 10 days in Tanzania in July (postponed from last July). We'll just have to keep everything crossed for that one.

Blighty has a huge amount going for it. For those of you without kids in tow (might be a bit dull for them), Northumberland is utterly stunning, if you like long walks on deserted beaches, historic castles, beautiful scenery and endless skies. And no-one there to catch viruses from!

EalingSB

I asked the kids where in the world they wanted to go this year and they said Coventry, straight up. We have not been back for a year so that is the top priority. We usually have a big holiday in October as the kids get a fortnight off so have been looking at Bali but still far too early to book. We had Florida cancelled last October and were in Japan for the Rugby World Cup the year before which was absolutely immense, so keen to head back East.

RedSalmon

Would have been there NOW if it wasn't for the pandemic. Reckon Australia will keep Europeans out for a long time, they get shitty if you take an apple from one state to another so no way will they relax border controls until the are absolutely sure everything is ok.

Trouble is that flying will be a pain in the arse if they insist on everyone wearing a mask, imagine that for 22 hours!!!!!

The Misses was talking about a cruise next year but again, how much fun will that be with all the likely restrictions they will have to put into place? Floating petri dishes at the best of times.

Think I will be stopping in this country for a couple of years until a degree of 'normality' kicks in.

Users who are viewing this thread