Anybody had a trick or treater? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Deadly quiet so far this year by me. I can remember when I was a youth kids would be about from about the 20th trying to earn a couple of quid.

Are kids not as fussed any more?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Same with "Penny for the Guy". When I was a nipper (way back in nineteen hundred and frozen to death!), we used to make a guy and would be collecting pennies for weeks before bonfire night. We never celebrated Halloween in those days. It's an American thing that's got out of hand in my opinion.

wingy

Sorry ,you're right nick nothing round here this year ,maybe parents are becoming more apprehensive about their kids wandering a round knocking on the doors of strangers,could be economic as they're all too aware of how tight things are for themselves and threfore others .Probably be a rush this week as I think its half term.

Nick

Administrator
Sorry ,you're right nick nothing round here this year ,maybe parents are becoming more apprehensive about their kids wandering a round knocking on the doors of strangers,could be economic as they're all too aware of how tight things are for themselves and threfore others .Probably be a rush this week as I think its half term.

The kids should be armed with Eggs anyway!

Gaz

I have only ever known them to come on holloween night.

Covstu

Kids used tonbe knocking doors about a week before! Normally have a couple of hoodies with a 50p mask asking fir money!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
When is this horrible tradition going to die out completely :D Sure it's nice for the kids to dress up in their costumes but just go to doors of people you know who are more or less expecting you with sweets at the ready. It's the chavs who just knock on every door going without a proper costume to scrounge that are a nuisance.

Tad

It's more of an American thing. They have a lot more fun over there with these type of things. Parents don't want kids out on the streets at night, and that's fine. But god forbid they go out with them and look after them lol.

Last edited:

Marty

It used to be a great laugh when I was a kid, I remember one year it was me, my brother & 2 of his friends. This bloke was a right cock to us when we knocked on his door, so we went to the shops, got some eggs & that silly string stuff (can you still buy it?) and absolutely covered his car and the front of his house. If it was anyone from here then I'm sorry. ;):p

That year we got about £15 between us & enough chocolate/sweets to fill a plastic bag.

Otis

Would disagree with the less and less though. Each year we get more and more. Tends to be small children with their parents though.

I give the kids sweets and tell the parents to fook off and buy their own.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Would disagree with the less and less though. Each year we get more and more. Tends to be small children with their parents though.

I give the kids sweets and tell the parents to fook off and buy their own.

Theres the reason then Otis! You wanna try giving the parents the sweets and telling the kids to fook off! That'll stop them increasing in numbers :)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I stopped giving the little darlings sweets, when one year I was told, "We only want money mister!" That done it for me! Bugger the stupid tradition!............................. and Christmas........................and Easter .................and bonfire night ....................... and New Year celebrations!

Otis

One year I had some chavvy teen types come to door.

They said 'trick or treat?' And I answered with 'I'll have a treat please!" Which got a lot of odd looks.

They turned to each other and one then said 'Nah, don't work like that.' I replied with 'You said trick or treat and I've decided on the treat please. What have you got for me?'

To which they just turned on their heels and left.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread