Anybody got a Phillips Ambilight TV? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Looking at getting one as they look great with the lights behind when watching films / games etc.

Watched a few youtube videos but dont know anybody who actually has one.

wingy

Looking at getting one as they look great with the lights behind when watching films / games etc.

Didn't led do all that?

Nick

Administrator
You can get LED strips but its not as simple to get them to match the colour of whats on the TV :(

wingy

You can get LED strips but its not as simple to get them to match the colour of whats on the TV :(
giphy.gif

Oh it's the surrounding rather than behind the actual screen Lol.

jordan210

Parents had one years ago. When flat screens just started becoming popular. It was awesome to be honest. Does really add to the viewing. But you have to weight up Philips TV vs Samsung,LG,Sony for example

Im sure I spotted something about them doing a plug and play kit for other Tv's the other day. But cant find it now

Marty

my brother has one, i find it quite distracting while watching. I'm pritty sure he has the feature turned off now anyway.

shmmeee

I’ve got one. Just a cheap one that has the sides but not the top. I really like it TBH, and I’ve got Hue bulbs and you can add them in too but that’s a bit overkill.

Just be prepared for everything to be green during the footy. Can turn it all off or set it to one colour though.

Users who are viewing this thread