Anybody else looking forward to next year? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Same as every year, looking forward to seeing the new kit, which players come in etc.

Mowbray has said that 8th is the very bare minimum last season, he obviously knows the plan and what is on the table in terms of resources so he obviously thinks it can be done.

With Gadzev, Rose and Jones it looks like we are starting to build, Harries looking decent so could make a good backup centre half.

I think a Johnson / Turner type defender to play alongside Martin (if we keep him), a RB, decent centre mid a couple of decent strikers and we could be even better!

ajsccfc

I am, yeah. Overall the improvement has been dramatic so I'm expecting bigger things.

ccfclinney

Yeah mowbray is a good manager he's now had a season in this league and will be fully aware of what he needs to get out of this division! Looking forward to seeing signings be good to see who we get to replace armstrongs goals.. pusb

italiahorse

Yes

Already bagged my season ticket.

It's been an improvement on previous L1 seasons although still a big disappointment after first half expectations where automatic promotion was in our grasp.

Reset your disappointment and plan to be part of next years promotion party from day 1.

Get a season ticket if you can and perhaps if the fans show commitment in big numbers Sisu might also come to the party.

Nick

Administrator
Yes

It's been an improvement on previous L1 seasons although still a big disappointment after first half expectations where automatic promotion was in our grasp.

Reset your disappointment and plan to be part of next years promotion party from day 1.

Get a season ticket if you can and perhaps if the fans show commitment in big numbers Sisu might also come to the party.

It is amazing what the sun does to some people! :)

Hobo

Yes I am looking forward to next season.

torchomatic

I can't wait.

skyblue1991

Yes

We're on the CCFC forum by the way, not the Wasps forum.

Just in case there was any confusion.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Yes we missed out on the play offs and it left me pissed off, but as I've been supporting the club for 50 years I just keep on hoping that we'll get the success we had under Jimmy Hill one day soon, that keeps me going !

johnwillomagic

Too early for me to say at the moment - cautious optimism it depends who we lose and who we gain.
With players I think we will have left we look very weak up top. Will need some good new strikers
either signed permanently which is preferable or good loan like Armstrong.

Hobo

What we don't want to do is have a few defeats then panic. Players might need to bed in. Remember how bad Jan and Feb was for us and remember where Barnsley were at Christmas. Every season is a long haul and the final position is the only one that counts.

Gazolba

Yes. I just hope we can sign another 20-goal a season striker and maybe a couple more Bulgarians. I hope I like next season's kit but I expect I wont.

wingy

Free
What we don't want to do is have a few defeats then panic. Players might need to bed in. Remember how bad Jan and Feb was for us and remember where Barnsley were at Christmas. Every season is a long haul and the final position is the only one that counts.
Yes they just needed a game against us to ignite their season. :facepalm:

Travs

Hopefully GMK comes back, then I won't have to read the thoughts of some of the utter spastics on here. marcusp being a prime example.

Ashdown

It's a forum for opinions, some jesting and some conspiracies and those who think they just know best. Pleased with another win today of course, still miffed and flummoxed and just slightly suspicious as to why we started knuckling down to it again once the chance of play offs had gone ?! Will never trust these devious owners and pray someone with ambition ousts them....................In the meantime though I'll enjoy the summer, see what transpires.............above all, I'll always be Cov !!

Hobo

Hopefully GMK comes back, then I won't have to read the thoughts of some of the utter spastics on here. marcusp being a prime example.

Your eloquence wouldn't be missed.

italiahorse

Then we need to get the players in for the friendlies not at the end of the transfer window.
We also need to stop selling our players at the end of the window.
Get it settled before the first game.

Hobo

Then we need to get the players in for the friendlies not at the end of the transfer window.
We also need to stop selling our players at the end of the window.
Get it settled before the first game.

It depends when the best players are available. Yes it is nice to get them in early but sometimes you can't. It's still not the start that counts but the finish and hopefully consistency throughout.

I would also like to see over the next two to three years the nucleus of a team and squad develop so we aren't looking for so many new players each year. We need to develop a team spirit and some club ethics which will only develop with continuity.

Users who are viewing this thread