Any here relate to this (1 Viewer)

ccfcdr

Coming up 50 now first game watched 75 hutch etc I was season ticket many yrs saw cup final etc tended to pick and choose my away games last 2/3 yrs obvious reasons ..Alot of Saturdays do different things now only been 4 away this year point being all my mates doing the same never thought I'd say it but kinds don't miss city on a Saturday now ..Just look at results coming in laugh and text mates .....Anyway wondered if any others like me would you go back up after and if sisui go ?I don't think I would at the scale I used to lot of mates even refuse freebies now. Got 2 sons brought up from baby's city fans tending to do same they don't go up now more pick odd away game for a jolly and same again lot of mates son's don't bother anymore kinda think it be hard to get these lads back again (a project to premiership with a millionaire tomorrow would be a ten year thing ) with twat s we got here I won't see it again in my time I doubt very much ..

Last edited:

Suffolk sky blues

I'm the same 52 years old.i have a little money in my pocket I may buy shares or a season ticket to help the club when sisu go.but I'm booked up for a lot of Saturdays now.ccfc r.i.p.

Bob Latchford

Coming up 50 now first game watched 75 hutch etc I was season ticket many yrs saw cup final etc tended to pick and choose my away games last 2/3 yrs obvious reasons ..Alot of Saturdays do different things now only been 4 away this year point being all my mates doing the same never thought I'd say it but kinds don't miss city on a Saturday now ..Just look at results coming in laugh and text mates .....Anyway wondered if any others like me would you go back up after and if sisui go ?I don't think I would at the scale I used to lot of mates even refuse freebies now. Got 2 sons brought up from baby's city fans tending to do same they don't go up now more pick odd away game for a jolly and same again lot of mates son's don't bother anymore kinda think it be hard to get these lads back again (a project to premiership with a millionaire tomorrow would be a ten year thing ) with twat s we got here I won't see it again in my time I doubt very much ..
Sisu go , i'll be back, they don't , I won't .

letsallsingtogether

Sad to say I won't be renewing ether.
However will still go to some matches.

It is now becoming a chore not enjoying it any more:(

Adge

I'm 44 and season ticket for 32 years. Last season for me and my son until Sisu turf off! Will return when they do one!

Brylowes

Exactly the same 48 now and have lived away from Coventry most of my life, never stopped Me going
home and away as much as I possibly can, until this season.
I have always believed that lost fans would return if SISU left, now I'm not so sure ' I've got a feeling
Many are lost for good, I also fear the club is beyond rescue.
Still can't get my head round how it's even legal to buy a professional football club and subject it and
It's supporters to this kind of treatment. Shameful

Hugh Jarse

How many different thread answers cover the "If SISU go, I'll come back/renew my season ticket" angle?

FFS, stop regurgitating the same old rhetoric, come up with something original for once in your lives.

oscillatewildly

Not had a season ticket since 2003 - mainly because of work commitments. Boycotted home fixtures this season, attended a handful of aways only. Will continue with that pattern while they are still here. They leave - I jump straight back in with a season ticket.

italiahorse

I think I'm there.
I'm fortunate enough to be retired :eek:ldman: and the finances to tour most the year, so I have plenty to do on a weekend.
Up to now I come back at weekends for CCFC and Wasps but next season I feel I won't be coming back for CCFC in L2.
L2 and Sisu seems to be a good reason to stop.
Mind you L1 and Sisu was as well, so watch this space.:confused:

italiahorse

How many different thread answers cover the "If SISU go, I'll come back/renew my season ticket" angle?
FFS, stop regurgitating the same old rhetoric, come up with something original for once in your lives.

To be honest, nothing else matters while Sisu are here.
They are intent on breaking even so its a downward spiral as fans withdraw as the team gets poorer.

Nick

Administrator
IF we got Chelsea or Arsenal at home in the FA cup, how many would go?

I'll still get a season ticket next season, walk down and watch a game of football and go home again.

It's best not to make the grand statements that people won't go again until SISU go, as it's then a bit silly when they do if it's a big occasion.

italiahorse

IF we got Chelsea or Arsenal at home in the FA cup, how many would go?

I'll still get a season ticket next season, walk down and watch a game of football and go home again.

It's best not to make the grand statements that people won't go again until SISU go, as it's then a bit silly when they do if it's a big occasion.

I think it's more about routinely going.
I've done it for 50 years at the end of this season and at every opportunity I can.
I'm feeling the football is now the last reason I go.
I enjoy the pre match drink, Mr Silent next to me, Miss Perfect also next to me, Mr Noisy behind me and Mr Angry in front of me.
The football currently is just something else that happens.
The step to stop attending is getting easier.

italiahorse

Anybody relate to the fact that some fans are starting to sound like Tim Fisher ?

Evo1883

Not renewing , may go to 1 or 2 matches at home , going all the away .

Nick

Administrator
Not my problem , it's the owners job to get supporters through the door

You are still going to watch the same 11 players, just at other people's grounds. So it's effectively a boycott of home games? Nothing to do with the product.

Evo1883

You are still going to watch the same 11 players, just at other people's grounds. So it's effectively a boycott of home games? Nothing to do with the product.
For starters , sisu get what 5% of an away ticket sale , and losing mine and my dads 300 plus pound for home matches.
Fuck them , spent thousands following this club and where's my return ? they don't give a fuck why should I

Nick

Administrator
For starters , sisu get what 5% of an away ticket sale , and losing mine and my dads 300 plus pound for home matches.
Fuck them , spent thousands following this club and where's my return ? they don't give a fuck why should I

So it's a boycott?

Do SISU get 5% of away ticket sales? Strange arrangement.

The return will be the same at away games, same 11 players.

Evo1883

So it's a boycott?

Do SISU get 5% of away ticket sales? Strange arrangement.

The return will be the same at away games, same 11 players.

I'm not renewing my season ticket , I "may " go to one or two matches of my choice at home .
And yes I'm sure the club make around 5% on each away ticket sold in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

italiahorse

Most of us have been there over the years.
The excitement of looking forward to going and then the experience of the match.
The fact that the most important thing in the world is CCFC.

But things change as you go through life.
The youngsters will fight to defend their club whether it be verbally or physically and can't see why older people are not doing the same.
'Oldies' like myself have been there and like 'pop' music it matters less and less. Yes we can still enjoy it but there are so many other things to do.
This is a generalisation so obviously there will be a few oldies that will still fight and a few youngsters that are scared ;)

Nick

Administrator
I'm not renewing my season ticket , I "may " go to one or two matches of my choice at home .
And yes I'm sure the club make around 5% on each away ticket sold in advance

I didn't know that, have you any links to it or anything?

Users who are viewing this thread