Another (temporary) Director of Football (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Former Charlton chief executive Steve Waggott, who knows City’s interim managing director Tim Fisher from their time at The Valley, has been brought in on a temporary basis to help deal with player and transfer matters.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...and-new-striker-92746-30033643/#ixzz1i0z3Qdsj

OK, maybe he is more like contracts manager if you are being picky.

Last edited by a moderator:

neilyboy67

player and transfer matters? has anyone told the fella we aint got a pot to piss in:) suppose hes just come on board to oversee the flogging of juke

smileycov

Facebook User
This is the second time that "transfer matters" has been mentioned (i do believe fisher was the first), IF a buyout is currently underway then sisu selling juke and the like will not be received too highly, so therefore perhaps there is some lee way on buying/loaning players with the blessing of all concerned!

stevo_ccfc

Isn't it the usual practice for a transfer embargo to be put in place whilst negotiations are completed to stop asset stripping from occurring?

J

Jack Griffin

This is the second time that "transfer matters" has been mentioned (i do believe fisher was the first), IF a buyout is currently underway then sisu selling juke and the like will not be received too highly, so therefore perhaps there is some lee way on buying/loaning players with the blessing of all concerned!

Maybe this goes back to AT's 'buzzing' quote last week, then it made no sense to me, but if it is connected to an impending buyout then I can put 2 & 2 together to make 5. Sigh, but it is all rumour & speculation till something actually happens.

smileycov

Facebook User
Yea forgot about that!! happy days.....it is all rumour and we have been here before, but maybe....just maybe!

ICHAN

So on that logic could fisher and Wagott been bought in by the potential new owners (if rumours believed) to have plans/people in place so they are ready to get into action straight away?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
We've managed ok before without a director of football (or head of footballing operations or whatever Orange Ken said his BS job title was) and AT did OK last game without one. Wonder how he will approve of this appointment / interfierance??

More to the point, I wonder if this one will make a guest appearance on the bench :)

It strikes me as a very odd appointment for reasons SW88 validly makes.

However if such an appointment were deemed necessary (and in my opinion it was not) then it should have been a local appointment not a job for a mate by Fisher.

J

Jack Griffin

So on that logic could fisher and Wagott been bought in by the potential new owners (if rumours believed) to have plans/people in place so they are ready to get into action straight away?

No, Fisher has been here some time, he was brought in by SISU. He has brought in someone he has worked with before & trusts to deliver, Waggott will probably only be here during the Jan transfer window. Anyway Orange Ken handled contracts stuff before.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajsccfc

Can I get a pre-emptive request in for the people fond of making hilarious nicknames for everyone related to the board - avoid the obvious here please.

ashbyjan

Fisher is not a football man but a finance expert so it makes sense to get someone in to oversee the transfers in (hopefully) and out (probably) who has not only done it before but is someone that he has worked with before. Love a conspiracy theory but I cannot see one here.

torchomatic

Never heard of him. Still, I'll see him for the first time tomorrow on the bench.

Wrenstreetcarpark

Maybe this goes back to AT's 'buzzing' quote last week, then it made no sense to me, but if it is connected to an impending buyout then I can put 2 & 2 together to make 5. Sigh, but it is all rumour & speculation till something actually happens.

if 2+2 =4 then
4 = no take over happening.
5 = takeover imminent.

EleanorRigby

That is exactly what is happening IMO. I believe the takeover is on but obviously ain't going to finalise that quick and we need players now if we are to have a chance to survive. We will have a good idea where we are at re takeover if 4 or 5 players are brought in all be it on loan money has come from domewhere and it ain't SISU.

On a winning run, multi-billionaires tripping over themselves to buy us out, a guy brought in to oversee 4/5 in coming transfers....THE PLAY OFFS ARE BACK ON!!!

Users who are viewing this thread