Another Pathetic Official in the EFL (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
From this:

to

Hopefully will be down the parks reffing.

Frostie

Got to say I'm absolutely baffled by this... I can only think the ref has made some admin error when reporting the offence as he's well within his rights to send Flanagan off.

steve cooper

Got to say I'm absolutely baffled by this... I can only think the ref has made some admin error when reporting the offence as he's well within his rights to send Flanagan off.
I must have misunderstood then, I thought it was a case of mistaken identity when he first booked flanagan, then when he tried to explain this to the ref he booked him again for dissent. In which case he should have had the red card and the yellow cancelled??

Nick

Administrator
I must have misunderstood then, I thought it was a case of mistaken identity when he first booked flanagan, then when he tried to explain this to the ref he booked him again for dissent. In which case he should have had the red card and the yellow cancelled??

Yeah it was Marosi.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Nick

Administrator
Yes but that clip has been cut short, after the Marosi shove Flanagan grabs an Accrington player & throws him to the ground.
Not sure how the argument can then be for mistaken identity?

Ah have seen that loads with no booking.

Wonder if the ref has put that Flanagan did what Marosi did down in his report which is why he got the first one?

Frostie

Ah have seen that loads with no booking.

Wonder if the ref has put that Flanagan did what Marosi did down in his report which is why he got the first one?

That's what I'm thinking yeah. Both of them could have seen red but as it is neither is now banned. Bizarre incident all round.

Nick

Administrator
That's what I'm thinking yeah. Both of them could have seen red but as it is neither is now banned. Bizarre incident all round.

Have seen plenty of the throwing to the ground which hasn't even been a booking against us.

chiefdave

You can see the ref saying one for the push one for dissent. Are they now saying Flanagan's push shouldn't have been a yellow?

I didn't know you could appeal yellows tbh.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's the fact the ref does it with so much attitude as well.
Agree with that, but the 33 does pull someone to the ground during the aftermath (though I don't think that was what he was giving it for). If it was for Marosi's I think that'd more likely be a red as he connects with the head. Either way he's fucked up somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread