Ann Lucas: Coventry council has been "vindicated" in Ricoh Arena row (1 Viewer)

Sub

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/ann-lucas-coventry-city-council-7348697

Coun Lucas also urged the club’s owners to reconsider their appeal - particularly as the legal battle had already cost the council six-figures in legal fees - and said the council would seek to recover costs from Sisu.
She said: “It is going to be costly and I firmly believe we will win an appeal. I would urge them to stop now.
“The only winners in this are going to be the lawyers.”

Well its still not over and wont be for a while :facepalm:

RoboCCFC90

I am not sure anyone particularly thought that Sisu would rollover and accept this...

This is just the beginning..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gentleman

I am not sure anyone particularly thought that Sisu would rollover and accept this...

This is just the beginning..

But at what point do Sisu realise they are flogging a dead horse? They have public opinion against them, they have judges not falling for their claims, they have businesses not trusting them and they appear to have no clear plan on how to try and sort this mess out.

My concern now in all this is how far they are willing to push this and where the money is coming from to pay for it all. We heard from Ann Lucas that the council are upto six figures so god knows how much Sisu are upto and with the promise of appeals then how much of that money could have been used to pay for rent at the Ricoh or players for the team.

Gint11

This is the beginning of the end. We all said whoever lost the review would be followed up with an appeal. Get that out the way and SISU (we now know are the losers on the review) will now HAVE to make a decision, Do a deal at the ricoh, sell up, liquidate or build a new ground.

Sub

Seppala will liquidate out of spite no doubt she does not like to lose and seems more than happy to cut her nose off to spite her face.

ccfcway

This is the beginning of the end. We all said whoever lost the review would be followed up with an appeal. Get that out the way and SISU (we now know are the losers on the review) will now HAVE to make a decision, Do a deal at the ricoh, sell up, liquidate or build a new ground.

im not convinced that if we wait 9 months for a review and SISU lose they will accept that. They will just look at another way

rob9872

This is not the beginning of the end but is the end of the beginning...

RoboCCFC90

But at what point do Sisu realise they are flogging a dead horse? They have public opinion against them, they have judges not falling for their claims, they have businesses not trusting them and they appear to have no clear plan on how to try and sort this mess out.

My concern now in all this is how far they are willing to push this and where the money is coming from to pay for it all. We heard from Ann Lucas that the council are upto six figures so god knows how much Sisu are upto and with the promise of appeals then how much of that money could have been used to pay for rent at the Ricoh or players for the team.

Whereby I agree with most that, Sisu have never indicated that the financing of any Court Case will affect the Club..

duffer

Whereby I agree with most that, Sisu have never indicated that the financing of any Court Case will affect the Club..

Not trying to pick a row, but where else can the money come from Rob? SISU are the only ones financing the club. It would seem odd to me to have two pots of money, one labelled "CCFC Funding", and one labelled "Legal Battles (Misc)".

RoboCCFC90

Not trying to pick a row, but where else can the money come from Rob? SISU are the only ones financing the club. It would seem odd to me to have two pots of money, one labelled "CCFC Funding", and one labelled "Legal Battles (Misc)".

So what we are suggesting is that Sisu plan to use CCFC financing in order to push their legal battles?

I would be very surprised if this was the case, if it can be proved otherwise than I admit I was wrong but I can't see it personally.

Kingokings204

Come on Robo, you believe that like sisu being told firmly by a national judge that they "have seriously mis managed our club and the Ricoh was only wanted on the cheap to sell on for a profit"

Nothing they do is good for me or you. The money is coming out of the wage budget. They will have to pay councils costs as well.

RoboCCFC90

Come on Robo, you believe that like sisu being told firmly by a national judge that they "have seriously mis managed our club and the Ricoh was only wanted on the cheap to sell on for a profit"

Nothing they do is good for me or you. The money is coming out of the wage budget. They will have to pay councils costs as well.

Let's say it's true, why would they take that risk when they know full well that there could be sanctions, such as points deductions or transfer embargoes if they take it to far?

I must admit I have never seen a comment from anyone at the Club who has indicated that this is the case..

duffer

So what we are suggesting is that Sisu plan to use CCFC financing in order to push their legal battles?

I would be very surprised if this was the case, if it can be proved otherwise than I admit I was wrong but I can't see it personally.

No proof mate, but why wouldn't they? You don't go to investors and say we need £9.5 million for the club and £0.5 million for associated legal battles, do you?

RoboCCFC90

No proof mate, but why wouldn't they? You don't go to investors and say we need £9.5 million for the club and £0.5 million for associated legal battles, do you?

I appreciate that view point Duffer and I know the point you are trying to make, however I believe Sisu are funding this out their own pockets, there is no other solid evidence to indicate otherwise..

Kingokings204

I appreciate that view point Duffer and I know the point you are trying to make, however I believe Sisu are funding this out their own pockets, there is no other solid evidence to indicate otherwise..

But there is no solid evidence they they aren't funding out out of their own pockets either?

You are the only person I've know who believe ccf won't foot this bill. Look at this thread and everyone seems to know this. Even if it's not direct it would be ccfc ultimately paying.

duffer

In fairness to Robo, I've got no proof that what he says isn't correct, and his opinion is at least as valid as mine (possibly more valid, if you accept that this is also the official line from the club). Happy to agree to differ on this - the only way we'll know for sure is if the legal fees appear in the accounts somewhere, I suspect.

Kingokings204

In fairness to Robo, I've got no proof that what he says isn't correct, and his opinion is at least as valid as mine (possibly more valid, if you accept that this is also the official line from the club). Happy to agree to differ on this - the only way we'll know for sure is if the legal fees appear in the accounts somewhere, I suspect.

Doesn't matter the costs of the legals can be hid or from another sisu company. So it isn't that hard but yes ultimately the club will pay.

Sisu and the club say the costs won't come from the club like they said and Robo says but this is the same company who have been humiliated in court and spionkop rightly says some people still believe sisu. It's remarkable actually.

Some other things the club have said:

Build a new stadium
Moving out wasn't to get the Ricoh cheap.
Signing new players
We don't want to distress ACL.

I could go on and on.

The Gentleman

Let's say it's true, why would they take that risk when they know full well that there could be sanctions, such as points deductions or transfer embargoes if they take it to far?

I must admit I have never seen a comment from anyone at the Club who has indicated that this is the case..

No you're right Robo, Sisu would never take things too far to get us transfer embargo's because that has never happened before..................oh wait, what happened when we were late filing accounts :whistle:

You can believe what you want to believe Robo, but with Sisu's history and their current path I wouldn't put it past them to lump more debt on us because it's not like they haven't before, is it?

SkyBlueSid

Perhaps when SISU build this magnificent new stadium, along with the conference and banqueting facilities they are planning to incorporate a purpose-built courtroom. Put plenty of seats in and it could be a bigger attraction than the football, given time.

RoboCCFC90

It works vice versa as well Duffer, I cannot prove that the opinion you have is incorrect I can only theorise that due to the lack of evidence in that opinion it's hard to comprehend it..

No you're right Robo, Sisu would never take things too far to get us transfer embargo's because that has never happened before..................oh wait, what happened when we were late filing accounts :whistle:

You can believe what you want to believe Robo, but with Sisu's history and their current path I wouldn't put it past them to lump more debt on us because it's not like they haven't before, is it?

It's not about believing what I want to believe Gent, it's about establishing an opinion based on facts not conjecture and at this point there are no facts that lead us to believe Coventry City is being dumped with Sisu's Court Fee's.

Current path? I will regret asking this, but what is Sisu's current path Gent? It sounds as if you have factual evidence to provide such an accusation?!

We know nothing and I as I said to Duffer and Duffer has rightly stated to me, there is no substantial proof to rightly or wrongly discount either opinion, neither opinion is wrong but neither opinion is deemed accurate.. To reject one or the other would be inaccurate..

shmmeee

It's a cost brought about by the club in the club's name.

Why would they not bear the cost?

skybluefred

It was interesting to note in the Judge's summing up--sisu have written off the £50 million pounds they claim to have lost so far.

That must mean that the Club are debt free at the moment.

wingy

They may well pay their Lawyers via one of their vehicles ,however I'd put odds that come the moment they have to pay the CCC costs the Club will have another event .

Users who are viewing this thread