Ann Lucas abuse..... (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'm not too familiar with Ann Lucas as Coventry City Council Leader, but didn't she have dealings with the sale of the Ricoh Arena ? I can't believe , as she alludes to, that the personal attacks against her are down to the fact that she was the first female Council Leader. This isn't the 1970s.

shmmeee

Basically she couldn’t push through the sale of Ricoh quick enough as Sisu had pissed her off... said she had the clubs interest at heart but that we weren’t coming back and she was doing the best deal for the tax payers.
Some agreed, most didn’t

If only government had some form of finding out if something was a majority decision...

Maybe some kind of balloting system...

Ah well guess we’re stuck with dictatorships.

Sky Blue Pete

Basically she couldn’t push through the sale of Ricoh quick enough as Sisu had pissed her off... said she had the clubs interest at heart but that we weren’t coming back and she was doing the best deal for the tax payers.
Some agreed, most didn’t
Most agreed, some didn’t

Grendel

It was I assume referring to an interview she gave to the BBC where she said she received death threats, threats of kidnap and rape and her house was shot at with bullets going through the window.

Nick

Administrator
Some agreed, most didn’t
I mean what's happened for this thread?

pastythegreat

I'm not too familiar with Ann Lucas as Coventry City Council Leader, but didn't she have dealings with the sale of the Ricoh Arena ? I can't believe , as she alludes to, that the personal attacks against her are down to the fact that she was the first female Council Leader. This isn't the 1970s.
It was also down to her that we are now part of the "greater birmingham" community. And my council tax not only pays for the mayor of coventry, but the very unwanted and unneeded mayor of the West Midlands too! She's a c**t and deserves every big of dogs abuse she receives. If she doesn't like it then she should of went into a profession where she wouldn't of been in the limelight pulling strings to piss off 50% of the city. She can rot in he'll for all I care! Absolutely no time for her at all.

Rant over.

P.S. her face looks like a chewed up dog toy!

Nick

Administrator
It was I assume referring to an interview she gave to the BBC where she said she received death threats, threats of kidnap and rape and her house was shot at with bullets going through the window.

Oh, was that to do with CCFC or does she mean by being on the council in general?

If that happened, it is out of order.

Sbarcher

We can't condone death threats and threats of rape and bullets being shot through her windows, we really can't.

We have to be bigger than that.
You are right Otis. Go for a ballistic missile.

Reactions: vow

skybluetony176

I think all politicians come in for a certain amount of abuse in various ways and is part of the territory unfortunately. However female politicians do seem to get that abuse two fold. Once for being a politician and again for being a woman. It’s a sad state of affairs especially the specific abuse for being a female. I doubt any male politician has been threatened with rape. Awful behaviour by people who can only be described as scum.

clint van damme

I think all politicians come in for a certain amount of abuse in various ways and is part of the territory unfortunately. However female politicians do seem to get that abuse two fold. Once for being a politician and again for being a woman. It’s a sad state of affairs especially the specific abuse for being a female. I doubt any male politician has been threatened with rape. Awful behaviour by people who can only be described as scum.

yep, slate them for their policies but threats of violence and sexual violence are bang out of order.
It happens to women from all ends of the political spectrum and many women in the public eye in general.
Any man who resorts to it is an inadequate fuckwit who needs a hiding.

Terry Gibson's perm

Her face looks like a chewed up dog toy is a great statement did make me laugh.

If she is worried about having things put through her letterbox why doesn’t she just get a door with no letter box?

She is a horrible creature but the threats seem a bit over the top

pastythegreat

Her face looks like a chewed up dog toy is a great statement did make me laugh.

If she is worried about having things put through her letterbox why doesn’t she just get a door with no letter box?

She is a horrible creature but the threats seem a bit over the top
Yes, I was a little bit premature with the reply. I was replying saying that she's a c**t and deserves to be called a c**t. A spade is a spade after all.
If , however, she's been threatened with death and rape threats then it's wrong and I don't condone it. However, if she's been called a c**t it's just deserts.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

If we’re honest there was a lot of misogynistic abuse towards both Lucas and Seppala during the whole thing. References to hand bags and how fuckable they were abound.

Always seems a bit of a lame one to claim it was specific to you though. That’s just online discourse these days: not nice but everyone gets pretty much the same. There was probably more ageist and smokerist abuse than sexist on balance. Definitely more sexist abuse directed towards Seppala.

Edit: not talking about threats and the like obviously. That’s a different kettle of fish.

chiefdave

If we’re honest there was a lot of misogynistic abuse towards both Lucas and Seppala during the whole thing.
Didn't the council and their PR people discuss leaking Fisher and / or Sepalla's home addresses out? What did they think the likely outcome of that would be, I'm betting it wasn't so that people could send them gifts off Amazon.

shmmeee

Didn't the council and their PR people discuss leaking Fisher and / or Sepalla's home addresses out? What did they think the likely outcome of that would be, I'm betting it wasn't so that people could send them gifts off Amazon.

Don’t know mate, stopped paying attention a long while ago when it all got silly.

My spidey senses call bullshit though, anyone in the public sector knows that Data Protection is beaten only by Health and Safety in terms of over reaching little hitlers.

chiefdave

My spidey senses call bullshit though, anyone in the public sector knows that Data Protection is beaten only by Health and Safety in terms of over reaching little hitlers.
Just done a bit of searching and it was Weber Shandwick, the PR firm used by ACL / Higgs / Council, who suggested the media be given Sepealla's address so they could doorstep her.

shmmeee

Just done a bit of searching and it was Weber Shandwick, the PR firm used by ACL / Higgs / Council, who suggested the media be given Sepealla's address so they could doorstep her.

Take your word for it mate. Sorry, if you’re looking for a fight you’re looking in the wrong place. Try to stick to the football these days.

Not even sure why my comment has set you off, it was pro Seppala FFS.

Covstu

I have no time for the woman given the dealings with our club but there is obviously two sides to that tale but we were shafted. Don’t condone any violence or threats against her though but a lot of short term decisions have been made in her reign which hasn’t been for the best interests of Coventry

Sick Boy

If we’re honest there was a lot of misogynistic abuse towards both Lucas and Seppala during the whole thing. References to hand bags and how fuckable they were abound.

Plenty of that still goes on now as well, both are very embarrassing.

Users who are viewing this thread