Andy Thorn on TS (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

Might be interesting - AT on TalkSport with Colin Murray this morning.Be interesting if he gives any info on how the club was run when he was here. Just saying like.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, a player could score 20 own goals a season and get sent off every other game and still be a fans favourite if they used Twitter and said things against the owners ;)

shmmeee

To be fair, a player could score 20 own goals a season and get sent off every other game and still be a fans favourite if they used Twitter and said things against the owners ;)

Explain McSheffrey getting so much stick.

Nick

Administrator
Explain McSheffrey getting so much stick.

Because he struggled towards the end and some people wanted him to play based on where he was born. If he has posted SISU out on Twitter he would have been a firm favourite.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwn.

Nonleagueherewecome

Because he struggled towards the end and some people wanted him to play based on where he was born. If he has posted SISU out on Twitter he would have been a firm favourite.

FFS change the record! Moronic, patronising bullshit of the highest order.

sky blue john

To be fair, a player could score 20 own goals a
season and get sent off every other game and still be a fans favourite if they used Twitter and said things against the owners ;)

What would it take for the Sixfield super fans ???

Nick

Administrator
FFS change the record! Moronic, patronising bullshit of the highest order.

Nice constructive reply for a change. ;)

Saying that I have no personal issue with Thorn, I just thought he didn't do very well here but would never wish him bad luck in a new job so I hope he can do well.

dongonzalos

Nice constructive reply for a change. ;)

Saying that I have no personal issue with Thorn, I just thought he didn't do very well here but would never wish him bad luck in a new job so I hope he can do well.

All I say about AT is it is very hard to judge him.

Robins was backed
I think SP will now be backed

AT was not backed and failed. SISU held their hands up on that one, which they never normally do.

They then realise their mistake and back him.

He gets two draws against two teams who got the play offs. One went up.

He got a poor draw against another side.

I find it hard to judge him and am amazed that others seem to feel they can so confidently.

Sick Boy

Robins was backed

AT was not backed and failed. SISU held their hands up on that one, which they never normally do.

I find it hard to judge him and am amazed that others seem to feel they can so confidently.

I would wager that either MR or SP would have kept us up that season.

Hobo

Chatting about their FA Cup tie v Peterborough tonight Wimbledon giant killings....what did you expect?

Nick

Administrator

Robins was backed

I judged him on is lack of tactical awareness and inability to change a game with a change or realise when something needed to be changed. I would have also bet that we would have stayed up with MR or SP.

torchomatic

I liked Andy Thorn. He was a rubbish manager though. Not his fault. He did well for those eight games and the fans wanted him, so we got him. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Got nothing against him.

dongonzalos

I judged him on is lack of tactical awareness and inability to change a game with a change or realise when something needed to be changed. I would have also bet that we would have stayed up with MR or SP.

Sometimes you do need the players to make those tactical changes though.
However I do see your point.
For me it would have took to January to know if he was up for the job or not.
If there was ever any inkling in Tim Fisher mind that three draws in the first games would lead to a sacking. He should never have allowed him to sign those players and start the season. Shocking decision by Mr Fisher.

Last edited:

thaiskyblue

Bit of a random comment.

Can somebody post up what is said?
never mentioned us spoke about kidderminster and the fa cup finals he played in , a little bit at the end somebody said they thanked him for his time at hearts, he said "that must have been in the bar .( watch g jump on this ).

dongonzalos

'An unbelievable turnaround at London Road! Whatever Kiddie boss Andy Thorn said to his troops at home time worked a treat as they take the lead - seconds after Peterborough hit the post - through Jack Byrne.'

I am sure it will change before the end but quite amusing in light if today's comments.

Even if they lose now it is pretty impressive to go to Peterborough and score 3.

SkyBlue_Bear83

'An unbelievable turnaround at London Road! Whatever Kiddie boss Andy Thorn said to his troops at home time worked a treat as they take the lead - seconds after Peterborough hit the post - through Jack Byrne.'

I am sure it will change before the end but quite amusing in light if today's comments.

Even if they lose now it is pretty impressive to go to Peterborough and score 3.
It's over you numpty

Kidderminster won 3-2

Users who are viewing this thread