Andy Thorn Myths and Facts (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

A subject that has not had a lot of attantion on here is whether AT is a good manager or not. So I thought it maybe a good idea to start a thread

1) Andy thorn is not a good manager as he does not make substitutions...... I beleive this is because he felt that the bench he had available to him was not better than what he had on the pitch

I believe this has now been shown to be the case as for the first time this season he has decent players on the bench and he has been making changes

2) Andy Thorn is not a good manager as he has no previous experience and is a scout

Plenty of managers become good managers straight from been a player, he has the advantage of been a ex player then a scout and now a manager, previously been a good scout will only have helped hem prepare for management

3) Andy Thorn is not a good manager as the club is on the verge of relegeation

We were the favourites for relegation this season we have then sold Our top score in January and Turner before the season started. We still have some small hope of not getting relagated.

4) Andy Thorn has chose to play the kids and not had this forced on him

The only example where this may have been the case is Christie and he has been exceptional the other kids are great prospects but should not have been played reguarly.
Even Chrisite ran out of stema about ten games ago but it is only now that Clarke is back that Andy Thorn has been able to rest Chritie. You say he chose to keep Keogh at centre back yes he has but Wood, Mcpake and Cameron have never been fit for more than 2 weeks at a time. However I think he does see Keogh as a natural centre half. I have to admit I would prefer to see him at righback. However I think Andy Thorn thinks Clarke and Christie are stronger there than half fit Wood or Mcpake at centre half.

5) Andy Thorn had a honeymoon period

He took the same players and IMO and turned them from a team who lacked tactical options looked unhappy and unmotivated and got them playing attractive football. They continued doing this even once they mathimatically safe. I dont believe you can suceed in a honeymoon period unless you are doing something right

6) Despite the situation at the club Andy Thorn is not critised by ex players. That does not happen that often when a club are in the bottom half of the table and players leave.

Nick

Administrator
Has he made substitutions recently which have been unforced that has changed games?

Why does he still make the substitutions but too late? ie Forest when he brought Eastwood on when we went 2-0 down, Blackpool Substitutions etc?

What about our away form? If the tactics and everything is top notch then why can we compete with people like Birmingham at home but then go to shit when we play away? Is it because we are being so negative away from home?

Is our football really attractive?

Moff

Andy Thorn eats babies - Myth

Andy Thorn deals pies to Freddie - Myth although could be fact

Andy Thorn is an anagram of 'going to get us relegated' - Fact :whistle:

dongonzalos

Has he made substitutions recently which have been unforced that has changed games?

Why does he still make the substitutions but too late? ie Forest when he brought Eastwood on when we went 2-0 down, Blackpool Substitutions etc?

What about our away form? If the tactics and everything is top notch then why can we compete with people like Birmingham at home but then go to shit when we play away? Is it because we are being so negative away from home?

The mistake there was allowing Eastwood on the bench but that is how desperate a situation the owners have left him in

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Oh dear. This looks terribly familiar by means of a thread topic. Don't mind if I sit this one out. Too little life left and oxygen to breathe

Nick

Administrator
The mistake there was allowing Eastwood on the bench but that is how desperate a situation the owners have left him in

So why did he put him at 90 minutes? Surely he could have left him off and not paid him an appearance fee?

Moff

Oh dear. This looks terribly familiar by means of a thread topic. Don't mind if I sit this one out. Too little life left and oxygen to breathe

You sit this one out, but only if you tell Terry F in your avartar that he is about to step in a turd ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

Myth: There have been more Thorn threads on SBT this season than the points City have lost from winning positions. :thinking about:

dongonzalos

So why did he put him at 90 minutes? Surely he could have left him off and not paid him an appearance fee?

Maybe he was thinking he was only fit eneough to play 5 minutes and may have stuck the ball in the net. Or maybe he was trying to humiliate him and then he might be so annoyed he would finally accept a loan deal. However he did not realise he has no professional pride and could not give a shit what anyone thinks.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe he was thinking he was only fit eneough to play 5 minutes and may have stuck the ball in the net. Or maybe he was trying to humiliate him and then he might be so annoyed he would finally accept a loan deal. However he did not realise he has no professional pride and could not give a shit what anyone thinks.

What would be the point in putting him on at 2-0 at 90 minutes to stick the ball in the net? I find it hard to believe Eastwood wasn't fit enough to come on at 60-70 minutes to try and make a difference when it was still 1-0.

You didn't comment about our away form as to why Thorn is such a great manager / tactician?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
thats just your opinion nothing more ...... no myths here and a few basic facts that can be interpreted different ways.

Would never however stop anyone having an opinion though :D

with respect havent we done this to death recently ?

Has anyone got a spare Benson? I seem to have sat on my fags. Nice thread by the way, very... erm... I dunno. Entertaining! (?) or something.

Ah! ... found my clipper... get in ... result.

Carry on.

smileycov

Facebook User
Well u r wasting a lot of time on it, for someone who wonders why anyone wasting time on it. Numbnuts....

Mr intelligent, kindly point out where i mention time wasting? Oh, you can not can you?

Sometimes it is best to let people think you are an idiot, rather than write something and prove it!!!!!!!
Also get a spell checker for god's sake.

dongonzalos

Mr intelligent, kindly point out where i mention time wasting? Oh, you can not can you?

Sometimes it is best to let people think you are an idiot, rather than write something and prove it!!!!!!!
Also get a spell checker for god's sake.

Apoloigies but I would suggest it is a fair assumption that by asking 'why people are entertaining me ' is pretty much the same as asking why are people are wasting time replying to me.
However thanks once again for the taking the time to 'entertain me', it is very gracious of you. I am truely honoured and did not think you would pop down to this level, having read some or your recent truely insightful posts on this site. Classics such as

Thats Right, Thats Right, Thats right!!

3 -1 to the sister shaggers!!

you really are an idiot!! :jerkit:

It started with a blackhead on my bum!!

The FA have stated that Jose is NOT being considered for the England job! Sometimes this means the total opposite, but i think the "Old Farts" at the FA would s**t themselves if JM was there haha

I cant mix it in that high level of debating, so please NNs don't lower yourself to entertaining me again I could do without the pressure it places on me ......

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
My very own stalker!! what's up jeremy kyle not on?

I would point out some of the above POSTS are from Jokes and caption competition, but hey don't let facts get in the way of a good story........knobber

dongonzalos

My very own stalker!! what's up jeremy kyle not on?

I would point out some of the above POSTS are from Jokes and caption competition, but hey don't let facts get in the way of a good story........knobber

Comparing reading your posts to watching Jeremy Kyle, how apt .............. :wave:

dongonzalos

Getting feisty here chaps :slap:

Ha Ha well i did wave instead of calling him idiot or knobber, however I must admit I did previously drop to his standards and retaliated by calling him Numbnuts, heavy stuff I know.

He made some comment about Coventry's bad record regarding players recovering from injury, it was made in relation to the news at the time that Cody had picked up another knock. I pointed out it was a twisted ankle which could happen to anyone at anytime, not really the clubs fault.

Ever since then I have had a jerk it logo in repsponse to one of my posts, been called an idiot and now a knobber.

Maybe it just me been a bit paronoid but I get the sneaky feeling he doesn't like it when you disgree with his point of view.

Would be good if he said I dont agree with your opinion, here is mine. Not sure if he is capable of that though. Only time will tell.

In them meantime I am sure there is plenty of moderate abuse out there he can throw at me. Gruffnuts has not been used yet :)

smileycov

Facebook User
Ha Ha well i did wave instead of calling him idiot or knobber, however I must admit I did previously drop to his standards and retaliated by calling him Numbnuts, heavy stuff I know.

He made some comment about Coventry's bad record regarding players recovering from injury, it was made in relation to the news at the time that Cody had picked up another knock. I pointed out it was a twisted ankle which could happen to anyone at anytime, not really the clubs fault.

Ever since then I have had a jerk it logo in repsponse to one of my posts, been called an idiot and now a knobber.

Maybe it just me been a bit paronoid but I get the sneaky feeling he doesn't like it when you disgree with his point of view.

Would be good if he said I dont agree with your opinion, here is mine. Not sure if he is capable of that though. Only time will tell.

In them meantime I am sure there is plenty of moderate abuse out there he can throw at me. Gruffnuts has not been used yet :)

I dont agree with your opinion, here is mine. (there you go) FIND ME ONE POST were i have put a jerk it logo after your responces, go on just one!! Do not include this latest round of course, beacuse i put mine in response to yours.You are a liar. Fantasy world you live in mate, why would i care that you stated it was a slight sprain? You are paranoid and i do not care if you have a different opinion, that is what forums are about. I am having a dig at you beacuse of the post you started about Thorn Myths or Truths....it was idiotic rambling and you appear like a wum!! My opinion of course, yours may differ.

Also once again get a spell checker your sentences do not make sense!

Brighton Sky Blue

Take it with a pinch of salt the next time someone disagrees with you-at the end of the day, you're unlikely to meet the majority of people here in real life, so why overreact? There is more to life than just CCFC :)

dongonzalos

I dont agree with your opinion, here is mine. (there you go) FIND ME ONE POST were i have put a jerk it logo after your responces, go on just one!! Do not include this latest round of course, beacuse i put mine in response to yours.You are a liar. Fantasy world you live in mate, why would i care that you stated it was a slight sprain? You are paranoid and i do not care if you have a different opinion, that is what forums are about. I am having a dig at you beacuse of the post you started about Thorn Myths or Truths....it was idiotic rambling and you appear like a wum!! My opinion of course, yours may differ.

Also once again get a spell checker your sentences do not make sense!

Have a read of the pompey rangers thread. It is the first communication between us after I spoke to u about cody. It was a week ago you posted under my post u r an idiot and put a jerk it symbol. Then your next one about me was effectively why are people replying to me. Then you called me a knobber now I am a liar.

smileycov

Facebook User
Have a read of the pompey rangers thread. It is the first communication between us after I spoke to u about cody. It was a week ago you posted under my post u r an idiot and put a jerk it symbol. Then your next one about me was effectively why are people replying to me. Then you called me a knobber now I am a liar.

Fair enough, was one though not all....but i will cease now :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread