Andy Thorn gets the vote of confidence from Tim Fisher (1 Viewer)

Personally i think they will give him the Christmas period and if the results do not improve they will sack him pre southampton game.

procdoc

Personally i think they will give him the Christmas period and if the results do not improve they will sack him pre southampton game.

from their point of view that would make sense. They obviously know about the planned boycott so to take the sting out of that they could employ a new manager by the time the cup game comes around to boost the attendance. Cunning bastards!

Skyblueloyal

Trouble is what manager would take over, we got no money to buy players we know some will go in January, what idiot would want the task of getting us from League 1 ?

Gray

there will always be someone thinking of the big pay off a year down the line!

wingy

from their point of view that would make sense. They obviously know about the planned boycott so to take the sting out of that they could employ a new manager by the time the cup game comes around to boost the attendance. Cunning bastards!
Maybe truer than you think:thinking about:

howzer

Banned
who would want to manage us ! we are a laughing stock, we would be lucky to get a conference manager, though i hear owen coyle has been tapped up. great another failure at the club

procdoc

who would want to manage us ! we are a laughing stock, we would be lucky to get a conference manager, though i hear owen coyle has been tapped up. great another failure at the club

I shouldn't bite I'm better than this but I'm going to anyway. How is Owen Coyle a failed manager? Got Burnley promoted on a shoestring and until this season was doing the business at Bolton

Nonleagueherewecome

I wonder if Phil Brown and Paul Ince would apply, given that they would have zilch in the transfer market? Both have been on R5 shows in recent evenings being very visible and out of work.. But from what Brown said last night, talking about his loan signings and how he expects Preston to make them permanent in January, I can't see him taking a job where he has to work with what he's got.

However..if we are owned by Hoffman's consortium, I think Brown could be their choice. Particularly if Ranson still has Hoff's ear, as I imagine he does. Why? Because Brown, as Big Sam's protege at Notlob (one for the Python fans there :D ), is of the "Scientific", Moneyball-type managers that Ranson likes-it fits with his Prozone background.

Aidy was the cheaper, available version of that last summer, albeit a more one-dimensional type with his over reliance on long ball and fitness. And without the vast backroom team-and indeed some amount of backing in the transfer market-that he'd have needed to make it work; if we'd signed Tomlin and Tierney when he wanted to and not given away Doyle when Carsley was crocked, maybe he would have turned the rot around?

Of course, Big Sam has his connections with Hoff too, albeit vague. Given the way that Brown was briefly favourite for the CCFC job last year, there's enough in the way of links for him to be so again if AT goes.

BUT-will SISU hire a new man if there's a chance of a takeover? If they do, surely it's a sign they aint going anywhere? Or is it possible that they would be nice and accommodating and hire the man that prospective new owners would also want? Frankly, do they actually even have a man left at the club who is capable of hiring a new manager-is that why they want to hire a new D.O.F. first? As ever, things are as clear as mud!

wingy

The reality is that when Thorn is used in the next couple of games as the scapegoat for Sisu's massive failure of judgement ,primarily to stifle the boycott ,we will have got the opposite of what we wish for ,the removal of Sisu and financial support for the team ,and Thorn ,the replacement ,always the cheap option Lee Carsley

ICHAN

Wingy is that an assumption regarding lee carsley or is it like you knew something about ken?
Serious question by the way, also the dennis wise bit is intriguing?

wingy

Ichan the Dennis Wise thing may just have been a crossed wire thing around a phone call to deluded from CCfCWAY,Lee CARSLEY is just an observation from Sisu's DNA ,spend nowt,his removal prior to the cup game to stifle the boycott is a genuine belief.

ICHAN

Cheers for that wingy.
So going by the sisu ethos on being shall we say prudent with money and have the shortsightedness of mr magoo.jpg could we have a Carsley Gould double act on our hands.

kg82

Ichan the Dennis Wise thing may just have been a crossed wire thing around a phone call to deluded from CCfCWAY,Lee CARSLEY is just an observation from Sisu's DNA ,spend nowt,his removal prior to the cup game to stifle the boycott is a genuine belief.

Excuse me?! Backtrack there - a phone call to Dulieu from ccfcway?! I didn't hear this, please tell me more. Especially how Dennis Wise came up in the convo.

I'd agree with Carsley (or could it be Rioch?) and I would go along with the conspiracy about removing Thorn before the cup game, although I'd hope that wouldn't appease fans that are boycotting as it's for a stand against the owners and not Thorn.

wingy

Excuse me?! Backtrack there - a phone call to Dulieu from ccfcway?! I didn't hear this, please tell me more. Especially how Dennis Wise came up in the convo.

I'd agree with Carsley (or could it be Rioch?) and I would go along with the conspiracy about removing Thorn before the cup game, although I'd hope that wouldn't appease fans that are boycotting as it's for a stand against the owners and not Thorn.

Go to page 3 KG theres 3-4 threads there i closed ,some of it was removed in case of legals:D

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not Brown, just another Dowie/Boothroyd imo as in had 1 good year. Had a very good striker in Campbell who they got on loan who turned there season around.

wingy

Not Brown, just another Dowie/Boothroyd imo as in had 1 good year. Had a very good striker in Campbell who they got on loan who turned there season around.
Was that the year we lost 1-0 when Elliot ward let it bounce over his head in the 92minute.

Nonleagueherewecome

Aye, not saying he'd be my choice either...but there's a fair few reasons why he could end up managing us.

Users who are viewing this thread