Andy Thorn back.... (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Also that the fans were singing "Andy Thorn's Sky Blue Army" at Brentford and that he will come back and save us again like he did 2 years ago.

:claping hands::claping hands:

I was at Brentford and I did hear some people chant that. Were you at the game in the lower tier? If not, shut up.

As for him coming back, I made that as a slightly tongue-in-cheek comment, but let's face it, if we are in proper trouble in March and MR goes, we could do a lot worse...not that it would happen of course

dongonzalos

Exactly your right over done with so why are you and others continiously bagging on about it. I can't believe how much hate there is for AT when other recent managers have got away scot free. The likes of Coleman, Dowie and AB all had far more transfer funds and far better players at their disposal and failed to even get close to the championship play offs.

I think that says a lot about the general feel about whether he should have been sacked or not.

I agree with you I can't recall much debate once Gordon, Dowie, AB and Coleman went.

It seems when these decisions were made the majority were in agreement.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I dont think you should ever sack or discipline an employee by text or phone, it has to be face to face. However i do wonder if there was some reticence on AT's part to have a meeting that weekend...... he didnt get the sack because of 45 minutes against Bury, there were surely other contributing factors. What really compounded it was taking 6 games to replace him and that brings the "3 game only" chorus into focus. Does TF or SISU need to comment on it all ..... not really it is done and dusted. His "truth" and their "truth" is always going to differ and neither truth is likely to be complete or totally accurate. He had his contract settled and it would be sensible for both parties to involve the LMA to ensure that part of things was settled as quickly as possible so the club can move on.

Can i suggest we settle this quickly and move on also ..... it was a job for someone nothing more, and we now have someone else making team decisions - and being reasonably successful at it for a change

Wise words.

The daft bit is that I wouldn't have been surprised or particularly upset if Thorn had gone at the end of last season.

I don't like unfairness though and try as I might, I do sometimes find it difficult to ignore the vitriolic half truths that the chosen few continue to post with such dedication.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The daft bit is that I wouldn't have been surprised or particularly upset if Thorn had gone at the end of last season.

I don't like unfairness though and try as I might, I do sometimes find it difficult to ignore the vitriolic half truths that the chosen few continue to post with such dedication.

wouldnt disagree DTD. Would also add that there as many half truths peddled by those actually involved now or previously at the club ........ their half truths are more fundamental and deceptive though

Sick Boy

I would have rather we kept Dowie on for a while rather than giving the job to Coleman.

Things could have been so much different if we had brought in the other candidate at the time, a certain Nigel Pearson who had previously saved Southampton from relegation. I remember a lot of people were very much against him as he did not have the same status and nice tan of Coleman.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

What do you think about being asked to go to the board room and no one was there? Do you believe that was actually true?

The truth is that none of us know exactly what happened, and we have only heard what Thorn has had to say about it. Didn't he say he went to see Fisher and told him 'exactly what he thought' or something?

Personally I don't see how going on national radio and going for the sympathy vote is very dignified. We all know that he was the given the chance of managing a Championship club here, something which most likely would not have happened under other owners.

We do know he was successful in his Constructive Dismissal case against the club though, don't we? As such, a magistrate or equivalent - hearing the case by Thorn and the case stated by 'the club' - found in Thorn's favour.

With regards any 'dignity', I didn't hear Thorn shouting that from the rooftops thereafter. Anyone knowing about constructive dismissal cases would know that such a finding would be very damning of the environment in which any employee was being asked to operate - as the 'superiors' in effect are adversely influencing the employee's job to do his job effectively.

Personally, I do think such findings deserve to see the light of day. It's an indictment of the way our club is being managed from the top

Grendel

We do know he was successful in his Constructive Dismissal case against the club though, don't we? As such, a magistrate or equivalent - hearing the case by Thorn and the case stated by 'the club' - found in Thorn's favour.

With regards any 'dignity', I didn't hear Thorn shouting that from the rooftops thereafter. Anyone knowing about constructive dismissal cases would know that such a finding would be very damning of the environment in which any employee was being asked to operate - as the 'superiors' in effect are adversely influencing the employee's job to do his job effectively.

Personally, I do think such findings deserve to see the light of day. It's an indictment of the way our club is being managed from the top

I thought it was settled out of court, no?

Grendel

Don't know dear chap. But to do so would reflect less than favourably upon the club would it not?

The point is the "settlement" could be a bag of crisps for all we know.

Grendel

Are you insinuating that Mr Thorn's swollen waistline, and therefore propensity for savoury foodstuffs would leave him liable to readily agree to a snack-based settlement?

As if I would.

Users who are viewing this thread