Andy Murray (1 Viewer)

Sky Blues

Why do it the easy way when you can make everyone sweat first?! Champions don't lay down and die, and Djokovic is a champ. Some seriously good tennis has been played by both men.

mark82

Why do it the easy way when you can make everyone sweat first?! Champions don't lay down and die, and Djokovic is a champ. Some seriously good tennis has been played by both men.

Yeah, it's fantastic isn't it. Murray just about deserves the win though.

scroobiustom

4 points come on!!!!!!!

epic game - lets hope its the start of something special for Andy

speedie87

Come on.......... As they just said nadal, roger, and djokovic all beat people who had never won a grand slam to win their first.

Murray is doing this the hard way.

ajsccfc

Holy shit! I was sure he'd thrown it away when Djokovic powered back, but this is the way to win in hindsight, as Djokovic gave him his best.

scroobiustom

get in! what a moment! :claping hands:

scroobiustom

watching it on cbs with john mac: he was the last grand slam winner to win the first two lose second two and take it in the fifth vs. borg! amazing!

mark82

Tour de France. But Andy Murray will surely be a challenger to Bradley Wiggins for Sports Personality of the Year.

Sports Personality of the Year must be the hardest award to win this year! Farah, Ennis, Murray, Wiggins, Ellie Simmonds, David Weir... The list is so long.

Paxman II

At last. very well deserved too. He also had enormous pressure on him compared to past winners.

Gold at the Olympics and now the US Open. Hmmm think the sports personnality of the year is going to be interesting!

Macca

Needs to build on it because although its great relative to britains piss poor tennis record it is in terms of the game just one grand slam

Grendel

Only the second player outside the Big 3 to win a Grand Slam in the last 5 years I think? A great achievement.

Evans020

He's still just 25 .think he can go on to win 1 or 2 more especially with federer only having about 2 years left

scroobiustom

Sports Personality of the Year must be the hardest award to win this year! Farah, Ennis, Murray, Wiggins, Ellie Simmonds, David Weir... The list is so long.

Sarah Storey added to that list?

sky blue john

personally I think a tour de france and olympic gold trump a us open and olympic gold. but both of them have done fantastic and there has been other amazing achievements from our sports stars that in a normal year would walk it.
My hat goes off to them all :D

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Tour de France. But Andy Murray will surely be a challenger to Bradley Wiggins for Sports Personality of the Year.

Wiggins will win that then. Murray doesn't have a personality!!! :D

Sky Blues

personally I think a tour de france and olympic gold trump a us open and olympic gold. but both of them have done fantastic and there has been other amazing achievements from our sports stars that in a normal year would walk it.

Yeah, a few of the past winners almost pale in comparison to the achievements of some of those that probably won't even make the top 3 this year!

speedie87

Don't forget his silver in the doubles.

Sky Blues

Only the second player outside the Big 3 to win a Grand Slam in the last 5 years I think? A great achievement.

I think the big three have actually been a big four for the last couple of years. When fit, Murray, Djokovic, Federer and Nadal regularly seem to take up the semi-final positions in most Grand Slam events. This win and the Olympic result just sort of confirms it really. You're right nonetheless, to win a Grand Slam in the same era as those guys is a great achievement.

Users who are viewing this thread