Andy Hazell (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
This guy is a lunatic! Anyone see the incident which led to him getting a 14 week ban? If not, see below link!

Must say though although i dont follow Rugby, the situation seems to have been dealt with alot better than it would have been in football! From the reactions of the ref, utilising his assistants, and also giving a reasonable suspension!

[video=youtube;2z-KjegzCTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-KjegzCTg[/video]

Nick

Administrator
Looks like a complete prick, the guy was face down down and then he starts punching him?

Nick

Administrator
I still wouldn't say it was the mans way though. That would be both standing up facing each other, rather than laying into somebody face down not expecting it.

To be fair, he should be locked up for that.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I still wouldn't say it was the mans way though. That would be both standing up facing each other, rather than laying into somebody face down not expecting it.

To be fair, he should be locked up for that.

Thats true. I just meant its a but more manly using fists at any point, than it is manly to say 'im not shaking his hand' football style :)

If that was done on the street, you'd be serving time at Her Majestys pleasure! In sport you get banned for a few weeks! Although 14 weeks is better than 4 games suspension

superskyblue

As a keen rugby fan, it is alleged by Hazell that he had his eyes gouged by this bloke only minutes before. I think if somebody tried to blind me in sport I'd react in a similar way.

superskyblue

I think the fact is he was buried at a ruck when he got gouged (allegedly I must add.. not been proven) and so couldn't retaliate. And the fight broke out and his opponent just adopted that position and chose not to fight back at that point the red mist had set in and he clearly went over the top. I'm not defending what he did, but it's definitely an understandable reaction and I'd say proportionate as well. He's accepted his punishment and admitted he was completely out of order.

Nick

Administrator
I think the fact is he was buried at a ruck when he got gouged (allegedly I must add.. not been proven) and so couldn't retaliate. And the fight broke out and his opponent just adopted that position and chose not to fight back at that point the red mist had set in and he clearly went over the top. I'm not defending what he did, but it's definitely an understandable reaction and I'd say proportionate as well. He's accepted his punishment and admitted he was completely out of order.

He didn't look blinded when he got sent off though? Looked perfectly fine.

Either way he hit the fella while he was down, face down on the ground.

If he wanted a bit, should have done it stood up where he could defend himself.

Red mist or not, should really be charged with assault. I know for a fact if I was to start laying into somebody lying down outside the skydome I'd be locked up.

Users who are viewing this thread