Andreu goes on loan to Hamilton Academical (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator

Takes him up to his contract expiry at the end of the Season!

Will be interesting to see if he gets much gametime and how he does after he didn't really pull up trees for us.

Frees up some wages as well.

Liquid Gold

Beat me to it.

They must be buzzing, I think he played his best football up there. Was bound to happen as it wasn't working for him here, surprised it's just a loan though.

Hopefully this means we've got someone lined to come in.

Nick

Administrator
Beat me to it.

They must be buzzing, I think he played his best football up there. Was bound to happen as it wasn't working for him here, surprised it's just a loan though.

Hopefully this means we've got someone lined to come in.

Takes him up to the end of his contract so they can just sign him if they want to.

Liquid Gold

Takes him up to the end of his contract so they can just sign him if they want to.
I thought we'd manage to get a fee for him to be honest, maybe we get a loan fee and they are accounting for it next season in the way we did for JCH.

Nick

Administrator
The only confusing thing is fitness, by the time he gets up to match fitness and caught up the season will be over.

I guess they might then offer him a contract for next season. It will be strange if he goes straight into their starting lineup tomorrow.

Their fans are over the moon with him signing as well!

Last edited:

hill83

Good. Didn’t fit. Bye.

I’d actually forgotten about him. Wages for new players.

His injury did us a huge favour last season.

All the best though,

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I don't think Andreu's fitted our formation for some time now. He was signed at the start of last season, to fit into Robin's favoured 4-5-1 formation as the number 10, which didn't work with the squad we'd got. Once Andreu got injured and we moved to a 4-4-2 with McNulty and Biamou/JCH up top and started getting goals and results, his days were numbered.

Probably best for both parties.

Nick

Administrator
Good. Didn’t fit. Bye.

I’d actually forgotten about him. Wages for new players.

His injury did us a huge favour last season.

All the best though,

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
This season he looked so unfit, he was usually blowing out of his arse before half time. Understand he was coming back from injury but it was his general cardio.

fernandopartridge

This season he looked so unfit, he was usually blowing out of his arse before half time. Understand he was coming back from injury but it was his general cardio.

Yeah but you only get match fit by playing and he hardly did. He was impressive when we played at Gillingham I thought. It's a shame it hasn't worked out for him here, be interesting to see how he does in Scotland. SPL is equal to this level if not slightly better I'd say.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah but you only get match fit by playing and he hardly did. He was impressive when we played at Gillingham I thought. It's a shame it hasn't worked out for him here, be interesting to see how he does in Scotland. SPL is equal to this level if not slightly better I'd say.

He didn't really play for the u23's either to try and build him up. That was the weird thing.

When he got the ball his touch and then laying it off really stood out, it was mainly his general fitness that let him down.

I can't see how they expect him to slot straight in for them and do a job, unless he has been doing loads behind the scenes.

jordan210

I think the main issue with Tony’s this year was we rushed him back from injury. It’s a shame as he is a very gifted player

Nick

Administrator
I think the main issue with Tony’s Forbes this year was we rushed him back from injury. It’s a shame as he is a very gifted player

I don't think we did rush him back, he was pretty much ready at the end of last season then had the full pre-season.

fernandopartridge

He didn't really play for the u23's either to try and build him up. That was the weird thing.

When he got the ball his touch and then laying it off really stood out, it was mainly his general fitness that let him down.

I can't see how they expect him to slot straight in for them and do a job, unless he has been doing loads behind the scenes.

Perhaps he'd made up his mind that he was moving on in January, so didn't want to risk another injury.

Nick

Administrator
Perhaps he'd made up his mind that he was moving on in January, so didn't want to risk another injury.

That would make sense if he wasn't being offered a contract here. It would make sense for them to sign him in the summer if he is settled there and fits in.

hill83

I’d suggest he’s on decent money. One of the bigger signings when we got him in. The injury was unfortunate and he’s not really fit in since coming back from injury, although admittedly he’s not had much of a chance. If we need to free up funds to get someone in who will hopefully make an impact it’s a no brainer.

Great_Expectations

It’s a shame as he clearly had good technical ability and in the right formation and team, could be a real difference maker. But it didn’t work with us, he was unlucky with injuries, his fitness was poor when he did return and from what I can tell is very clearly a number 10 and nothing else.

However, hopefully that means we can now bring players in to support us pushing on for the rest of the season.

mark82

Looks like he played more as a central midfielder in his last spell there, rather than an attacking midfielder. Maybe if that is his more natural position he'll find it easier to fit in.

covcity4life

A shame as he was a good player i felt and wasn't given a good enough run of games but a positive to free up some wages.

better days

Everyone is forgetting that Andreu had to have an operation to remove a cyst on his head earlier this season

He was out for quite a while with that on top of almost a year with his ACL.

vow

Everyone is forgetting that Andreu had to have an operation to remove a cyst on his head earlier this season

He was out for quite a while with that on top of almost a year with his ACL.
Didn't know about the cyst.

Looked class in the games I've seen him in.
The 4-2-3-1 formation would have suited him perfectly in that no.10 role, but (thankfully) MR changed it back to 4-4-2 (end of last season) to accommodate 2 strikers, so Andreu never really had a chance.

V good technical player, wish him luck up there.

better days

Didn't know about the cyst.

Looked class in the games I've seen him in.
The 4-2-3-1 formation would have suited him perfectly in that no.10 role, but (thankfully) MR changed it back to 4-4-2 (end of last season) to accommodate 2 strikers, so Andreu never really had a chance.

V good technical player, wish him luck up there.
Naturally a growth like that was a worry in the time leading up to diagnosis then he had the recovery after surgery
The lad hasn't had a lot of luck - but could have been worse if the cyst hadn't been benign of course

Reactions: vow

Ricketts

I have always liked him and had high hopes, and the vision and creativeness that he is capable of, are what is missing.

Good luck in the future.

skybluetony176

Best of luck to him. A disappointing signing in the end. Looked like he was just starting to hit his stride last season when he did his ACL. He hasn’t looked a shadow of the potential I personally thought he was starting to show last season since his recovery, maybe it’s down to the injury. Who knows.

larry_david

Really thought he was going to be great for us and I thought he'd tear up League Two.

Even the first game of this season I thought he looked good against Scunthorpe. Shame it didn't work out for him

He was good first game. Frustratingly good as he had a few opportunities where he played a through ball about a yard heavy or refused to shoot in a great position, looking for that pass. I felt with game time he'd sharpen up nicely but, a bit like ogogo he seemed to deteriate as the season progressed

Adge

Didn’t really make an impact. Time for both parties to move on and all the best to him.

Users who are viewing this thread