Andre Villas-Boas First Management Casualty (1 Viewer)

CCFC123

Odds on Andre Villas-Boas being sacked are at a nice 8/1 to leave Spurs THIS YEAR with 5/1 to leave next year. With the odds at 1/8 that he doesent win anything.

I'm having a few quid on the 8/1 as this guy is completely out of his depth and the Spurs dressing room wont be a happy place after Harry left and will take some picking up of which this guy hasen't a clue and I doubt in 6 months he will of learnt anything from his time in Chelsea. I'm sure the Chelsea players will have spoken to the Spurs players about his management style and it i'm sure it will a awful place to be next season.

I personally cant stand jonny foreigners coming in when we have coaches here that need a chance.

Sorry its not CCFC but if I can help with a nice tip.

ajsccfc

He was an excellent coach at Porto who won in Europe and is already vastly more successful than football's biggest charlatan in Redknapp, so I wouldn't say Tottenham's anywhere near being out of his depth. Chelsea also fired a World Cup winning coach in a snap decision so they're not exactly an acid test, and the talk of senior Chelsea players he'd left out turning against him was shown up as paper nonsense by the way he really actually leaving players out.

CCFC123

He was an excellent coach at Porto who won in Europe and is already vastly more successful than football's biggest charlatan in Redknapp, so I wouldn't say Tottenham's anywhere near being out of his depth. Chelsea also fired a World Cup winning coach in a snap decision so they're not exactly an acid test, and the talk of senior Chelsea players he'd left out turning against him was shown up as paper nonsense by the way he really actually leaving players out.

Hummm not so sure that it was paper talk. Players such as Lampard have since spoken out about the confusing tactics and team selection and the moral within in the club when he was involved. He isn't a good man manager and in 6 months I dont believe he will of changed.

It was no coinciendence that Chelsea went onto win two cups and almost get into the top 4 after he was removed.

stupot07

I think he'll do ok, spurs are a completely different proposition to Chelsea.

1) levy won't interfere like Abramovich did
2) spurs have a younger squad, so his remit won't be the same as at Chelsea - I.e replacing an aging squad.
3) there arent many big ego's to manage at spurs - its well known that JT has far too much influence on things behind the scenes.
4) there won't be as much media pressure on him.

ajsccfc

Of course 'Lampsy' is good for a quote praising his new boss and pal by criticising the previous regime which isn't as great as it is now under the man who will hopefully keep picking him please please please. It's standard for a regime change. Chelsea would have done their homework on his methods before shelling out so much to free him from Porto, so to then fire him after about five minutes is insanity. The problem is the people above, they'll ditch Di Matteo at the first sign of being sub-par too. There's a bet I'd fancy, come to think of it.

CCFC123

Of course 'Lampsy' is good for a quote praising his new boss and pal by criticising the previous regime which isn't as great as it is now under the man who will hopefully keep picking him please please please. It's standard for a regime change. Chelsea would have done their homework on his methods before shelling out so much to free him from Porto, so to then fire him after about five minutes is insanity. The problem is the people above, they'll ditch Di Matteo at the first sign of being sub-par too. There's a bet I'd fancy, come to think of it.

Think we beg to differ on this one then ! I think his one the most useless managers ever to set foot in the game where a good British Manager could do better and you believe he may be the next Jose? Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in the middle but I sense Spurs are in for a difficult season.

Lets hope he packs the squating thing in and those tight fitting suits.

ajsccfc

I don't know about being the next Mourinho, but his work at Porto suggests a lot better than the non-starting Chelsea spell at least. They fired a World Cup-winning coach after a very short amount of time too which suggests more about Abramovich having no patience, which is odd when Villas-Boas was meant to be part of a long-term thing.

I'm not predicting the unstoppable rise of Spurs, but hopefully it'll represent him better than the Chelsea mess did. I do fancy finding odds on Di Matteo not lasting the season though, might hunt that out.

dojer

He's almost the opposite of Mourinho. Mourinho was counter-attacking and Villas-Boas plays a high line and wants to attack teams for 90 mins. He'll only work at Spurs if he can get some pacey centre-backs or adapt his system. I've got a feeling it won't work out but not because of personality clashes just because of being too idealistic.

Users who are viewing this thread