An Interesting Programme (1 Viewer)

Moff

I was in Wales last week, and saw a programme on BBC Wales called the Fall and Rise of Swansea City.

It is available on the Iplayer,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01skh66/Swansea_City_The_Fall_and_Rise/

If you have a spare forty minutes it is really worth watching at how a club in desperate dire straights, whose hated owner sacked its best players to save money, had its fans unite to force this despised nob (very much like Fisher) out and take over the club for a pound.

They brought in a few new players, galvanised team spirt, brought the fans back in droves and stayed in the football league by winning a game on the last day of the season.

That was ten years ago, and after three promotions, a cup win and now europe, they move onwards and upwards.

Here was a programme to me that showed there is hope, and it will get better, when SISU have gone, and they will as there there is no end game for them.

PhilWasn'tBabb

Yes, there were a very telling few moments in this documentory. There was a clear suggestion that the very unpolpar owner sold up following the threat of a large pitch invasion of angery people trying to get to them.

Clearly for legal reasons I could not suggest that we could do the same but, you've got to admire the Swansea fans commitment.

cornoccfc

11 mins into this, very interesting, alarming similarities.

Wonder if city fans will ever unite (rather than squable) about getting the current regime out!

SonOfSnoz

So can Jan of the Trust replace Joy/Fisher & get us in the prem? Buy the club off them for a quid?
Here's holding my breath!

Users who are viewing this thread