An idea to encourage some unity... (1 Viewer)

Leamington Pete

I hate SISU. I hate what they have done to my club and I will not be travelling to watch the team in Northampton but will travel away when I can. I also hate the way they have divided the fans at a time we should be sticking together, but whilst I might disagree with those who choose to follow the club to Sixfields, I respect that their decision isn’t necessarily wrong, just different to mine. I also appreciate that the fans who choose to watch the games in Northampton might not want to be categorised as SISU supporters.

So here’s an idea (bear with me folks!). We need a symbol of the fans’ anti SISU unity, so how about a scarf campaign a bit like the Man Utd yellow and green one. Can’t remember seeing old style "bar" scarfs in sky blue/navy so that might be a suggestion, or maybe green and black. The main point would be by wearing the scarf at the games (or around the city, or at school , or hang it in your front window or in your car, – remember the impact of all the car ribbons in ’87?) it would be seen as a symbol of opposition to what SISU are doing, whilst still supporting the team. The more of these around the area the more embarrassing it would be to those it opposes. Imagine a thousand of these being whirled around at away games (or indeed at Sixfields) and the "Love City, Hate SISU"message it would give out.

Obviously these would cost money, so it would need to be decided if it was to be done for profit with proceeds towards some sort of "fighting fund," and whether it was a Trust initiative or an independantly run thing by a "Fans Against SISU" group (must be a good acronym to be found out there!). The main point is that it would be a symbol of anti SISU feeling which also shows support for the team.

So there you have it. Just an idea…

Attachments

• $(KGrHqIOKj4E177D7bHHBNi1iQ,d+w~~_35.JPG
    $(KGrHqIOKj4E177D7bHHBNi1iQ,d+w~~_35.JPG
    1.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Leamington Pete

No one would be given anything. Fans would buy a scarf (sold either at cost or for profit) to show their anti SISU unity whether they're at games or wherever. It's an anti SISU symbol for everyone not some sort of justification for the few who go to Sixfields.

Users who are viewing this thread