An Idea For The 12th July March (1 Viewer)

Why not invite Greg Dyke to address the rally in Broadgate at the end of the march. Would be interesting to see what he has to say, wouldn't it?

Doubt he would accept anyway, but be interesting to hear a statement/excuse for not attending a "Real Fans, Real Football" event.

Hope to be there myself, health permitting.

Kingokings204

Good idea but I've heard he is out that day having lunch with man city's owners in their private yacht.

Sorry

Gint11

Forget the american film like G'up cheesy speeches! All that happens is they tell you what you want to hear and then don't do it.

Nick

Administrator
The worse bit is when there are angry middle aged men in dodgy Ellesse jumpers and their arms crossed saying "here here" all the time, gradually getting louder each time.

J

Jack Griffin

The worse bit is when there are angry middle aged men in dodgy Ellesse jumpers and their arms crossed saying "here here" all the time, gradually getting louder each time.

Respect for your fellow fans?

Nick

Administrator
Respect for your fellow fans?

Wasnt just on about city fans, but people in general at that sort of thing.

Sorry if it is anybody on here, but you could play crossed arm angry bingo on this:

coventry-city-fans-forum-325037369.jpg

I always think with things like this, make it a happy environment. Have something for the kids, make it like a carnival.

Attachments

• coventry-city-fans-forum-325037369.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 6

torchomatic

dongonzalos

Wasnt just on about city fans, but people in general at that sort of thing.

Sorry if it is anybody on here, but you could play crossed arm angry bingo on this:

I always think with things like this, make it a happy environment. Have something for the kids, make it like a carnival.

You have to wonder what they were hearing at that point to get such a reaction?

dongonzalos

The picture gave me a flash back to TF saying the club had no plans to sell Ryton.
Unless I am imagining it which I could be, I thought one of the FOI came back suggesting they enquired about planning permission if they sold Ryton to developers?

Last edited:

James Smith

Why not invite Greg Dyke to address the rally in Broadgate at the end of the march. Would be interesting to see what he has to say, wouldn't it?

Doubt he would accept anyway, but be interesting to hear a statement/excuse for not attending a "Real Fans, Real Football" event.

Hope to be there myself, health permitting.

He's not 'that' stupid, he'd be lynched and I suspect he knows that.

skybluetony176

The picture gave me a flash back to TF saying the club had no plans to sell Ryton.
Unless I am imagining it which I could be, I thought one of the FOI came back suggesting they enquired about planning permission if they sold Ryton to developers?

In the first round of FOI's didn't RBC say that they had turned down an application to develop the academy at Ryton and then subsequently an application for housing? I'm sure the first part is correct but I'm not sure if I imagined the second bit.

(edit) just a thought, but is the fact that the academy application was turned down and the club subsequently back tracked and agreed an arrangement to return to the Higgs not a good indicator that if the FL grew a pair and said that there is no evidence (based on the FOI replies) of any real intent on building a new stadium and withdrew the agreement of a ground share that sisu wouldn't again back track and do a deal to play back at the Ricoh?

Very hypothetical I know. There is no way that the FL will grow a pair.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

It just interests me that at that meeting in July he categorically said they had no plans to sell Ryton.
Then 4-5 months later Rugby council confirmed the club wanted to sell Ryton to housing developers and they said no.
Must have all changed dramatically in the few months after that meeting.

Johnnythespider

Greg Dyke, July 12th, won't he be in Brazil watching England win the world cup. :)

ccfcway

the project would have a mix of debt and equity, you have to put in the equity in order to attract the debt. The money the club would make from the development around the stadium would be used as equity for the stadium development.

letsallsingtogether

Looking at the bloke in dark blue the one who is asleep I would guess it is one of Grendels seminars about how well they are doing and how it is all down to him.
No wonder the one who is awake is laughing;)

[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread