Amazon Echo (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

Anyone got one of these, or the dot?

Found a google skill, so you can tell alexa to ask google "question"

www.alexamods.com/guide-install-ask-google-alexa-skill

Bit long winded to get it working, but works well, as long as you ask it questions that google can actually answer of course.. ;)

Nick

Administrator
what do they actually do? I never trust voice activated stuff, end up arguing after repeating things over and over and it not understanding.

olderskyblue

what do they actually do? I never trust voice activated stuff, end up arguing after repeating things over and over and it not understanding.

Well, my sound system in the lounge hooks up to my TV and other devices, and is, apparently, "too bloody difficult" to use when all she wants to do is play a CD. So now, she walks in, tells "Alexa" to play an artist, album or radio station, and it sorts it. I use it to set timers when i'm sat in the lounge, to go check if something is "done" or not in the kitchen. Amazing how doing a "quick" crossword usually means i end up with a burnt dinner. The echo has stopped that. :emoji_smile:

Oh, to add, you are right about arguing. The google skill will help get lots more proper answers, rather than " I did not understand the question"

Users who are viewing this thread