Amazon Alexa (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

Long story short BT spectacularly fucked up our Broadband order up to the point of having to give us £50 compensation and honour a decent deal which included a free Alexa.

Having no inclination to get one in the past I've never really bothered to look into what they can do. I am mildly paranoid about the always listening aspect but have nowt to hide so guess that's not too much of an issue!

As our order was processed as a complaint they have offered us the option to send the Alexa back and have £89 credit instead. So basically I was wondering if anyone has one? Are there any cool things they can do that might tempt me into keeping it?

Otis

I have one, but she is frustrating as hell.

The best bit is my having Amazon music and asking her to play any song I want..

She is pretty good for the weather and general knowledge questions too.

Alkhen

Ha I like how you call it 'her'

I don't have any Amazon music account and am unlikely to get one either. I am leeching off my Brother in-laws Spotify so am hoping that'll work

Otis

Ha I like how you call it 'her'

I don't have any Amazon music account and am unlikely to get one either. I am leeching off my Brother in-laws Spotify so am hoping that'll work
Of course I call her 'her', I tell her I love her everyday. Not when there's anyone else in the house though.

I'm trying to teach her to talk dirty too.

vow

Had an Alexa around 18 months, cost about £30, novelty to begin with but now gathering dust.

Take the money/credit if I were you and if you must, then buy a cheap mini alexa (echo dot) to try it out.

Last edited:

Alkhen

Yeah was thinking I really don't need the newest one. Could get one in CEX/ebay for a fraction of the price

Reactions: vow

rob9872

Jus ask her "what is 100, 100, 100, 100 in Welsh"?

Covstu

Never got one and never had the inclination. Too many devices listening in at your conversations as it is! Need tin foil hat!

vow

Never got one and never had the inclination. Too many devices listening in at your conversations as it is! Need tin foil hat!
I believe you mean an 'AFDB' right!?

vow

African development Bank?
Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie

afdbhead.jpg

I personally don't leave home without it...

Nick

Administrator
There are offers all the time like that, Screwfix were practically giving them away the other week.

Alkhen

Classic BT style the Alexa rocked up Friday morning about 2 weeks after it was due.

Quite like the ability to listen to Podcasts/music and the shopping list feature is useful although the kids are having a field day adding weird shit to it. You'd have to be mental to add your card to voice buys stuff.

Can see the shine ware off soon tho. Kind of wish I'd taken the cash

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I don't get the concept of those Alexa things. Why would anyone be so bloody lazy that they can't look up the answer to a question, or select a piece of music themselves? No wonder this is now becoming a world of lard arses!

Users who are viewing this thread