Am I the only one that thought that was a good performance?? (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

Just reading some comments on the match thread and people saying how poor we were. We started both halfs slowly but I thought despite all Prestons possession, we defended pretty well. The two goals we conceded were very, very unfortunate in the end we showed tremendous character...something that's been missing from CCFC for years.

Our heads didn't drop when luck didn't go our way and we've managed to pull off a great result. What's more pleasing is that a mate of mine (a Toffee) has kind of taken CCFC under his wing as a 2nd team but even he's known that over the past two years, we're the kings of throwing away leads in the last minutes of a game but now, we're doing that to other teams. Isn't that twice now we've scored twice in injury time to win games?

Well done Mark Robins and well done CCFC. Everyone has differing opinions on playing style but I was pleased with how we played. To a man (apart from Thomas actually...didn't bring anything to the table when he came on).

Anyway, here's dreaming.....Good work CCFC. Proud to be a Sky Blue tonight.

WM

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
We didn't let our heads drop after each of their goals. THAT'S been the difference with Robins in charge. He's breathed new life into this club! C'mon WEMBERRRRRLLYYYYY!!!!!

mrtrench

Interesting... I thought Thomas looked excellent, as was McSheff.

Skyblueweeman

Interesting... I thought Thomas looked excellent, as was McSheff.

Each to their own mate...I thought Moussa made more of an impact and thought Thomas just looked rusty. Totally agree with McSheff though. Showed his experience with a good performance, especially coming inside.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Sheffs through balls to Clark were brilliant at times. Just the end product let him down. He worried PNE defence that much that they could only keep fouling him. I'm usually one for knocking Sheffers but not this evening.

SkyBlueRabb5

I was a bit surprised at Sheffers sub! But I ain't about to question MR! I thought Clarke had a decent game at RB too

covcity4life

Bad performance in that we didn't battle didn't win headers and didn't pass.

Bit we made chances and won

Robins said himself we didn't compete physically...so u GTA say we were poor regardless

Real

I thought we played quite well. We are certainly more threatening these days. Well done.

Macca

I thought first half was poor but much improved after the break. A loss would have been very harsh

theferret

Preston had two efforts on goal all game. Scrappy affair at times, be we looked a threat and I thought we deserved the win overall.

Users who are viewing this thread