allsop (1 Viewer)

CANNOT control his own 6 yard box let alone his 18 yard box, why did we take him, I'm only 5 foot 8 inches and I'm a goalkeeper and i can control mine so he should be able to, it took him a full 80 minutes to come and claim something. The 1st goal was entirely his fault all he needs to do is come for it and have a bit of confidence and a goal is avoided but he stays on his line and then because he isn't confident enough to take an easy enough ball in the 6 yard area the ball flies past him. In the first ten minutes he is on his goal line and all he needs to do is catch it with no pressure on him, bearing in mind the ball is moving slowly in the air about head height and what does he decided to do punch it 6 yards back in the middle so the defence have to scramble yet again to get it away, he doesn't murder a word to his defence and that leads to players leaving it in dangerous positions, or pure panic in easily dealt with situations, on top of that his kicking is poor and he's only ok at shop stopping so annoying and this is coming from me a very optimistic person but he either has to grow some balls or stand aside for burge because I have no doubt he could of done a better job today rant over !!! PUSB !!! P.s tudgay is a waste of space needs to be quicker or needs better retention of the ball otherwise he can go as well !!!!!!!!

Covrock

Have to agree with you, not a good day in the office for him.Dare I say it?? Time for a change of the goal keeping coach? You could always apply for the job.

Astute

No amount of coaching will work if he isn't good enough. He was sent on loan so would think 3rd choice at his club at best.

I am a GK, although semi retired now after an injury. I used to get told that I shouted too much. Had words with my players over the years where maybe I went a bit far. But my defenders knew that if I called for the ball they had better not go for it. They also knew that I would get to it first. And this was in the days that the GK had no protection :) It is all down to trust. And Allsop doesn't seem to have the trust of his team mates.

James Smith

We need a GK who is confident, can get to a ball and in command of his area, we had Oggy quarterbacking our team for years and he knew how to do all of that. From the sounds of it that's not something we currently have in our number one choice, Mr Allsop.

blueboy30

Personally I'd send him back to Bournemouth and bring Reece cook in and let him and burge compete for no1 spot makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

standupforcity

Allsop completely ruined the game for me...I sat there in a state of tension whenever the ball went anywhere near him. This guy has to go...why can't Pressley see this!!

CV22SBA

CANNOT control his own 6 yard box let alone his 18 yard box, why did we take him, I'm only 5 foot 8 inches and I'm a goalkeeper and i can control mine so he should be able to, it took him a full 80 minutes to come and claim something. The 1st goal was entirely his fault all he needs to do is come for it and have a bit of confidence and a goal is avoided but he stays on his line and then because he isn't confident enough to take an easy enough ball in the 6 yard area the ball flies past him. In the first ten minutes he is on his goal line and all he needs to do is catch it with no pressure on him, bearing in mind the ball is moving slowly in the air about head height and what does he decided to do punch it 6 yards back in the middle so the defence have to scramble yet again to get it away, he doesn't murder a word to his defence and that leads to players leaving it in dangerous positions, or pure panic in easily dealt with situations, on top of that his kicking is poor and he's only ok at shop stopping so annoying and this is coming from me a very optimistic person but he either has to grow some balls or stand aside for burge because I have no doubt he could of done a better job today rant over !!! PUSB !!! P.s tudgay is a waste of space needs to be quicker or needs better retention of the ball otherwise he can go as well !!!!!!!!

Totally agree. I was sat inline with the free kick yesterday and he did not move, terrible goal keeping. And what was the punch all about in the second half, it was a simple catch which ended up putting us under pressure.

CJ_covblaze

Another keeper here. I'll echo what others have said. He constantly looks unconfortable and not confident. If you don't look confident to your defence they won't be confident in you. Why are we playing another team's low experienced young keeper when we've got one ourselves?

Kingokings204

I've been saying all this for week and I get lambasted for it. I don't particularly rate burge but he is certainly no worse than alsopp but the difference is he is our keeper and can do no worse. We are losing anyway. He might come in and be awesome. Alsopp has been tried and he is woeful if I am being kind.

skybluedan

We need some experience in goal,and for sp to keep playing allsop instead of burge don't say much for burge
dont think any of them are any good and would be happy if come January get allsop back to his club and get someone else in, are there still any heads out there without a club? And the end of the day allsop is another shocker of a signing from sp imo

skybluepm2

That flimsy flap in the 1st half when it was easier to catch! sums him up! Shite...totally and utterly. Distribution was shocking. There was another point in the 1st half where he dribbled up to almost the halfway line and took almost a minute...following the kick we instantly lost possession. Fast replacing Jordan Clarke as my least favourite player (never thought I'd be able to say that!).

I know we gifted the goals to PNE with poor discipline in dangerous positions but he was fixed to his line for the 1st and had not 1% of confidence that he would get anywhere near the penalty.

On a separate note, the amount of unforced errors and free kicks given away was unacceptable. Worst performance for a long long time..and that is saying something!

The Lurker

That flimsy flap in the 1st half when it was easier to catch! sums him up! Shite...totally and utterly. Distribution was shocking. There was another point in the 1st half where he dribbled up to almost the halfway line and took almost a minute...following the kick we instantly lost possession. Fast replacing Jordan Clarke as my least favourite player (never thought I'd be able to say that!).

I know we gifted the goals to PNE with poor discipline in dangerous positions but he was fixed to his line for the 1st and had not 1% of confidence that he would get anywhere near the penalty.

On a separate note, the amount of unforced errors and free kicks given away was unacceptable. Worst performance for a long long time..and that is saying something!

That was in the first 5 mins and recalled the whole ground grasp/moan in unity haha

PVA

I can only assume Burge is awful in training!

I remember Allsopp making a really bad mistake against us for orient a few years ago to gift Mcgoldrick a goal.

Users who are viewing this thread