Allasani to Ayr United (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Apparently on the move to Ayr United on loan as part of the Rose deal. According to Alan Nixon journo.

Gint11

Game time or not good enough? What do we all think?

Magwitch

Looks to me we are still trying to get him right from his injuries, was always a bit of a gamble and take time, so I’d think this is a good move perhaps make or break for next season. Fully fit I think there’s a real good player there.

Otis

Looked very raw to my mind. That's not to say that he might not come good in time.

better days

Looks to me we are still trying to get him right from his injuries, was always a bit of a gamble and take time, so I’d think this is a good move perhaps make or break for next season. Fully fit I think there’s a real good player there.
Agree with you
He's well thought of here and is one of the few players who does extra work after training to try to improve himself

Otis

Who signs these players? More or less all everything we got in the summer has turned out to be shit or no way near ready?
It's not been a good window. We had high hopes for both Brown and Ogogo and then also for Hiwula too. People were puzzled by Bakayoko, but then expected more from Chaplin.

We seem to have some promising ones for the future, but of course both Thomas and Sterling aren't ours.

Hard to pinpoint any real successes so far.

Greggs

It's not been a good window. We had high hopes for both Brown and Ogogo and then also for Hiwula too. People were puzzled by Bakayoko, but then expected more from Chaplin.

We seem to have some promising ones for the future, but of course both Thomas and Sterling aren't ours.

Extremely frustrating! Trying my hardest to be positive this season, but i did slip up yesterday and told Hiwula i thought he was shit!

Terry_dactyl

I’m sorry if I’m repeating myself but brown and, especially, ogogo are total mysteries to me. How has ogogo become such a poor player seemingly overnight? I haven’t seen much of him but he certainly looked like the player we needed at the start of the season. What’s happened? Has Robins said anything?
I can sort of look past Chaplin, Baka, hiwula et al as they’re still young and should improve/are being played out of position...which is down to Robins as opposed to their talent/lack of talent.

fatso

I’m sorry if I’m repeating myself but brown and, especially, ogogo are total mysteries to me. How has ogogo become such a poor player seemingly overnight? I haven’t seen much of him but he certainly looked like the player we needed at the start of the season. What’s happened? Has Robins said anything?
I can sort of look past Chaplin, Baka, hiwula et al as they’re still young and should improve/are being played out of position...which is down to Robins as opposed to their talent/lack of talent.
They are just two of a number of players Robins brought in, who didn’t fit in with the way he wanted to play. Why he does that is beyond belief!

Gint11

Stating the obvious here. It’s good business model to acquire players for the future but we need to balance that with readymade now. Never mind season 2024/25 we want to make a success of 2019/2020!!

Otis

I would say McCallum, Chaplin, Bakayoko, Mason, Westbrooke, Williams, Drysdale, Walters, Allassani and Rose have all been signed with the future in mind.

speedie87

Daft as this this may sound I think we need to stop spending money on transfer fees, none of the players we sign for money at this level are worth it.

Can get similar standard players on frees, we should use it on player wages and be the go to club for decent league 1&2 players who have let their contracts run down.

SBAndy

Daft as this this may sound I think we need to stop spending money on transfer fees, none of the players we sign for money at this level are worth it.

Can get similar standard players on frees, we should use it on player wages and be the go to club for decent league 1&2 players who have let their contracts run down.

I’d be a big fan of that approach but you’d get some right weapons giving the club stick for not buying players. Other side of it would be the wage restrictions we have in place, would have to generate a higher turnover to be able to run this model.

ccfcway

I would say McCallum, Chaplin, Bakayoko, Mason, Westbrooke, Williams, Drysdale, Walters, Allassani and Rose have all been signed with the future in mind.

exactly. this has to be better than signing past it players here for a final pay day.

Irish Sky Blue

McCallum and Williams both look to be good players. Westbrooke and Mason are both making an impact in the first team.I thought Mason played really well yesterday. Both Thomas and Sterling have been tremendous signings. The boy from Wolves is obviously a good player too. (I wonder if we have any chance of signing him permenantly). Allasani was well worth taking a risk on and may still come good. This is true too of Chaplin, Hiwula and Bakayoko who I think have shown in flashes a lot of potential and can turn into the players we want them to be. Even Brown I felt was turning in decent performances before he disappeared. The big disappointment has been Ogogo.
Last season’s signings were generally good or outstanding. Obviously McNulty and probably Doyle come into the latter category. Grimmer, Davis, McDonald (for half a season) Kelly, Biamou and Nazon were all successful signings. Only perhaps Vincent’s of the permanent signings disappointed but even he contributed. If you look at that list over three windows that is a good success rate. Look at managers like Clough,Shankly and Busby. All brought in great signings. They all signed players who did not work out. Even our own great, Jimmy Hill signed some players who quickly disappeared. Robin’s record here is good.
Just thought of JCH from last season, at the moment I think he would have to go on the debit side of the signings account.

Limey

Biggest lesson learned from all the summer signings....
Despite modern advancements in surgery, it seems any player recovering from ACL injuries are dicey. (Including Andreu and Jones). Whether mental or physical.

junglej13

Biggest lesson learned from all the summer signings....
Despite modern advancements in surgery, it seems any player recovering from ACL injuries are dicey. (Including Andreu and Jones). Whether mental or physical.
Realistically it takes about 12 months one a player is back in the first team for them to fully get back to top level. Hadn't Craig Bellamy just come back from an ACL when we signed him? Also, look at Bolasie at Everton - still hasnt fully recovered despite playing for about 18 months.

Users who are viewing this thread