Alex Gilliead (1 Viewer)

Gynnsthetonic

The Newcastle Chronicle reporting we are about to sign him on an emergency loan after training with us for a week, a speedy winger!

Si80

Mowbray has already said we've sent him back to Newcastle as he didn't get chance to see him play whilst he was with us for the last couple of weeks. It's mentioned in the Ryan Kent thread.

Otis

Didn't TM yesterday say he'd gone back to Newcastle? Said we would take another look at him, but that he didn't get a chance to appear here.

Si80

From the Ryan Kent thread:

Alex Gilliead
As for 19-year-old Gilliead, a regular team-mate of Adam Armstrong in the Magpies’ development squad. Mowbray revealed: “Alex has gone back for now.

“He was with us for a week or two but wasn’t allowed to play any games because it was in a hectic period of Saturday/Tuesday, Saturday/Tuesday and a lot of the training was game preparation so I didn’t see him play in a game, so he went off with the Under-20s and I said I’d watch him play for them and in some Under-21 games back at Newcastle.

“I’ll keep an eye on him really. He’s a very, very fast wide player and Adam obviously knows him very well because they’ve played in the same team together for a while with Newcastle Under-21s.”

covcity4life

hopefully he can go watch him play soon, wouldnt mind more pace. look at the difference murphy has made!

Otis

Defenders hate pace and attackers running directly at them. Really nice that we have some pace about us this year and Armstrong is really quick too.

simonregis

With the forwards we now have, especially Fortune with his physical presence, if these young speedy lads can cross the ball we will pose a threat, the emphasis is on 'if'

ajsccfc

Murphy scares the bejesus out of defenders when he's on form so if we can get that on both sides it could be a lot of fun to watch if nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread