Alan Irvine (1 Viewer)

covsteve

Just looked at the odds for the next Cov manager on skybet and noticed that Alan Irvine has suddenly been moved in to second favourite at 3/1. Anybody heard anything about him being linked to us?

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I've been checking sky bet daily and I noticed that as well. We haven't been linked to him anywhere as far as I know and last I heard he was set on getting the Owls back into the Championship next season... Tis a strange one.

Nick

Administrator
I think people just start rumours and then it changes the odds. It must be when people hear things. I wouldn't be surprised if bookies read the forums ha!

Skybluerhys

Noooo not him or hart, they are 4 backward steps in my eyes :/

I wouldnt mind Zola, hughes,Cotterill,Mowbray or Curbs!

Nick

Administrator
Half of it is the Telegraph making it up.

Dublin said he would be interested in management one day, which they put the headline as Dublin Interested in City job. The same as Mowbray said he wants the job, but it was a source.

Bullshit most of it!

covladzak

I'm holding out for Eric Black, or "The Legend" Roland Nillson.... Or what the f**k BOTH!:D The best two since we have been in this league.

covsteve

I would be happy with Mowbray. Irvine or Hart not really the "big name" we need to pull the crowds back to the Ricoh.

covsteve

Half of it is the Telegraph making it up.

Dublin said he would be interested in management one day, which they put the headline as Dublin Interested in City job. The same as Mowbray said he wants the job, but it was a source.

Bullshit most of it!
Yep definately just writing utter bull linking us to anyone and everyone when in fact they are in the dark as much as we are.

smileycov

Facebook User
According to the Telegraph the Daily Star have said that Alan Irvine is at the top of our wanted list.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...s-coventry-city-s-wanted-list-92746-26437333/

The bookies obviously got wind of this and put him up with the favourites. To be fair they are 2 papers I don't trust and while Irvine is a good manager no way can I see this being true. It's got to be someone not currently in work...
irvine has gone on bbc denieing any interest in us!! nice work Cov Telegraph!! :eek:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
irvine has gone on bbc denieing any interest in us!! nice work Cov Telegraph!! :eek:

To be fair any manager already in a job will always deny being approached or approaching another club and when they get the job make up some crap about it being a too good opportunity to turn down. Having said that I still can't see it being Irvine because it's going to be someone out of a job.

Sky Bet now have Irvine down as the hot favourite at 4/5 while Cotterill sits in second with 11/4 and then Mowbray is 6/1.

Don't know how they can put Irvine as 4/5 if there only source is the Daily Star and Cov Telegraph!!!

Malc51

:rolleyes:Tony Mowbray got WBA to the prem...but led them down again...failed at Celtic...but seems to play attacking football...should be an ok bet but a lot will depend on how much money R/R has in the kitty for him to play with...but that could apply to most of the other managers mentioned...

Users who are viewing this thread