Transfer Rumour Alan Browne (58 Viewers)

MrBlueFace

Maybe we are willing to pay a 23 year old 20 grand a week knowing we'll be able to get money back from our investment when we sell then for profit. This is Browne's last big contract.

SkyBlueMatt

The thing that might be blinding Doug, as a reasonably successful business man, is that he wants our players to be 'assets' and for the club to grow their value, to fund a) our losses and b) our future player purchases.
Older players certainly have less asset value and less margin to grow value, so maybe that's why he's less keen to go after them.
Additionally, loan players are not assets (as we don't own them), and he clearly seemed to use a strategy of not using them last season, despite evidence from the previous season, that they really helped our push into the playoffs.

As fans, we just want 'good' players here, and if Browne is as good as Preston fans think, and we are led to believe, he might be worth it, to help the younger players, and give some steel to our midfield.

That's what I want. A well run club, making smart decisions not based on emotion.

Sure, we haven't been promoted but in two years but we've got to the playoff final and flirted with them. We have a starting 11 that is as good as anyones in the league next year.

Whatever is going on the background is working, fans becoming entitled and impatient shouldn't change that.

Brighton Sky Blue

If PNE are ‘outbidding’ ourselves, Celtic and Sheffield United, the likelihood is that they’re overpaying him significantly because all 3 clubs have more financial resources.

In which case, we should move on. It’s not worth it.
To be honest if they're going to break the bank for him then it weakens their ability elsewhere in the market, would be no bad thing.

Alkhen

If we cant compete with 15k a week yet Dougs wanting play offs minimum we should give up now
I appreciate you have 'insider' knowledge but why is your default take on everything so negative?

There are loads of reasons why we may not want match what other teams are willing to pay.

Browne seems like a good fit but before he was mentioned a few weeks back I bet not a single person on here would have been calling for him to come in on wages matching our 2 highest earners.

We'll have a budget and its clear we have a few holes to fill, we cant go offering more than we can afford when there will be other options. I'm sure we made a fair bid. Its up to him. Preston will be desperate to not loose their talisman and its mad to think we could compete with Celtic or a team who just got a load of cash in the Premier league and are doing to recoup more by selling players.

Users who are viewing this thread