Ah, fotballs dark ages,thank god we left them behind (1 Viewer)

wingy

WHILE WE ALL PREFER TO STAND AND THE ATMOSPHERE IT GENERATED,WE TRUELY ARE BETTER OFF WITHOUT THIS .MAYBE WE SHOULD BE HELD UP AS A BEACON AND REWARDED WITH AN INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMANT.THE PERCEPTION OF THE ENGLISH DISEASE IS WITHOUT DOUBT OUTMODED.
Eight police officers injured after second day of German cup violence

• Clashes before Eintracht Frankfurt v Kaiserslautern
• Earlier violence involved Dynamo Dresden fans

Kaiserslautern-007.jpg
Kaiserslautern fans light flares during their German Cup match against Eintracht Frankfurt. Photograph: Kai Pfaffenbach/Reuters

Eight police officers were injured in clashes with fans before the German Cup match between Eintracht Frankfurt and Kaiserslautern on Wednesday – 24 hours after violence marred another tie between Dynamo Dresden and Borussia Dortmund.
Eintracht and Kaiserslautern have a long history of animosity between their fans. Police say they were attacked with stones, bottles and firecrackers and responded with batons, and made eight arrests. One woman was seriously injured when she fell on to railway tracks.
On Tuesday, 15 people were arrested and several injured after clashes between officers and Dynamo Dresden supporters at their cup match at Borussia Dortmund.
Dresden's fans fought police before, during and after the match, leaving two officers injured. The match was briefly interrupted several times when Dresden fans threw firecrackers and flares on to the field.
Dortmund's chief executive, Hans-Joachim Watzke, said the violence caused damage estimated at £130,000, with around 200 seats destroyed, kiosks damaged and toilets set on fire.
German police reported that the number of people injured in violence at games in the two top divisions reached a 12-year high last season.

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
it doesn't involve the English......so FIFA or EUFA will not be interested!!

Sad but very very true

kg82

I don't think it has much to do with standing, and as it says in the report, the seating has actually added to the cost as they were used as missiles!

But yeah, FIFA and UEFA won't take a blind bit of notice of this.

wingy

Standing is still provided on a large scale KG, they can have a pitchside pint as well,was commenting more on how total seating has pacified things within stadia,allowing the removal of pitchside fencing ,somebody is bound to kick it off this weekend now i've said that

kg82

Like I said, I don't think it's anything to do with seating. We still go to grounds where there's standing and there's a lack of trouble. Then I've seen trouble at all seaters and also outside grounds. I think it's more the mentality now - if fans want a fight they arrange it for outside. Just how I see it, not saying it's scientifically correct!

By the way, I do think that photo looks way cool!!!

LastGarrison

Also the Napoli fans slashing 6 Bayern fans before their Champions league clash.

Imagine how much Sepp Blatter would be cumming in his pants if it was English fans doing the slashing?

Being an old git I have plenty of sad memories of what it used to be and it certainly wasn't pleasant.

Some matches you'd fear for your life before during and after the game when the likes of Leeds, Millwall, West Ham animals invaded Highfield Road.

Bottles, bricks, seats (Leeds of course) were regularly hurled about which had no bearing on the game whatsoever just sheer lunacy and a most unpleasant experience for most home games (let alone the equivalent away fixtures).

Yes it has to be a 100 times better now for families and genuine fans with great grounds and pitches contributing to a better not hostile atmosphere.

ps:

Although a committed sitterdowner I would not be against certain parts of the ground for standup fans.

PUSB

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Absoloutly nothing to do with standing - "long history of animosity between the fans" I'll put it down to that myself

Users who are viewing this thread