Administration (1 Viewer)

Sub

thing i do not understand is where fisher has come from, and how has he ended up running the day to day part of CCFC what is his back ground and qualifications for it?
is he paid by SISU is he an investor in SISU, what is he reason for being there ?

mememe

we all have a different take on the realitys of the goings on with sisu the money threat of admin etc... we can all agree on one thing though hey! that is : we are well and truely fucked

dongonzalos

Perhaps a better example would be Charlton / Southampton? - both clubs took a step backwards, got the finances in order, invested in the academy and 3 years later have come back stronger than ever and financially solid. IMO this is the right way forward.

As for the point being made about administration if SISU pull out - disaster. I would thus advocate a charm offensive to persuade SISU to commit funds - certainly to keep the club afloat, if not to go the whole hog and acquire the stadium - in the absence of a credible alternate bid (of which there is not one at present save for a whisper and a rumor). I prefer to deal with the reality (SISU) rather than the speculative (Hoffman).

Tin hat time as the usual suspects appear in response....:facepalm:

I think the charm offence needs to come from SISU. Well not even a charm offence just a clear and frank explanation of the reality of the situation. What their actual plan is for the club, the future and how this will be achieved.

I think without doing this SISU well never be allowed to aquire part or all of the stadium.
I personally dont blame the council for the stance they are taking on this. They will be held accountable if the dont veto the deals and it all goes wrong.

dongonzalos

In that CWR inrterview Tim Fisher also made noises about the academy & bringing in young talent.

I got the idea the concept was to make the club rather like Crewe used to operate under Dario Gradi, but on a slightly higher level, they were a club, usually in the 3rd tier who had a well respected academy that developed some fine players who they sold on from time to time. Dean Ashton for instance was with them in his early 20's before going to Norwich for £3M & thence to West Ham for £7M (with a 20% cut for Crewe).

Crewe produced some fantastic players and sold them on Danny Murphy as well if I remember correctly.
I genuinely don't know though, what did they achieve during this period?

Brighton Sky Blue

Crewe punched above their weight in this division for a number of seasons-without Dean Ashton though they dropped like a stone and got relegated, and have struggled since. The problem with the Crewe strategy is that consistently producing good quality players through the academy isn't a given, and when your higher quality players are sold and there's no good youth to replace them, you're up the creek without a paddle.

covcity4life

i dont want cov to be a small feeder club

if we use kids i wanna win stuff like man utd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we can do it:pimp:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What ever we the fans do SISU will stick to the plan they have formulated. A charm offensive on our part will make not a jot of difference to their actions. It wont bring more funds, or more players, it might make a couple of people at SISU look at CCFC without growling but thats about it. Our owners agents are hard nosed financial people whose agenda is driven by the £ not charm

I think we are forgetting that the fans are the paying customer, and without them there is no sustainable business. If there is any charming to be done I would suggest it comes in their direction. Where I come from the customer/client is king, they might not like what I tell them but when it is explained clearly then they know they are getting the answers they need rather than the ones they think they want. If there has been one major factor in our demise it is the way that the fans have been treated as mushrooms and fed on B/S by successive directors and owners. SISU/the Board have alienated the fans in general, any charm needs to come from them not the fans and it can not be without substance.

I agree that as yet GH can not be regarded as anything more than a perhaps at this stage and therefore we are not in a position to deal with that as a reality. The reality is that we dont deal at all with SISU either. Currently we as fans have to accept what they say or do and put up with it. That is the reality. To think that we can influence our owners is a rocky road to disappointment.

Godiva

OSB, I agree we could use a bit more information from the board. Much as we have guessed (pieced together) their strategy ... and largely proven correct ... it would be nice if they produced a formal mission statement.

I do however disagree when you include sisu in a request for a charm offensive. All communication should come from the board ... actually make that the chairman/CEO. Rest of the board should stay silent to avoid mixed signals as we saw last year.

It's the board who formulate the strategies and excecute the plans - the board is the responsible body and so any communication to the fans should come from the board.

Sub

thing is how many people have beeen on the board and left for whatever reason ?? the revolving door never stops at CCFC so there is nobody to be accountable or explain what is going on !!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Ordinarily I would agree with you on that Godiva. However the fans see it as SISU and to recover any of the connection with fans then there has to be something from SISU. Many fans see the board as SISU puppets. Infact a joint exercise showing they fully support what TF is doing and engaging with the fans would be best. Gives TF the authority so strenthens his position, the fans get some idea of what is going on, SISU get to be understood and that will improve their investment. Lets try working as a team rather than us vs the Board with SISU sitting in an ivory tower.

Ordinarily as you say strategy etc would be explained by the CEO/Board but in the interest of anything happening I do not think SISU being more open would hurt the situation and may help smooth things. However it is very clear SISU control what the CEO can do - yes he has the ability to work within boundaries but he doesnt set those boundaries SISU do.

They act as owners by being agents for their investors there is a lot to be gained by the owners reaching out to the fans. They have tried it the other way - saying nothing - and it has failed. There is much for SISU to gain by having the fans understanding and spending money at the club. For a start off it will improve the worth of the business. Plenty of other owners do it.

Clearly SISU are fully engaged in the strategy etc - otherwise they wouldnt need to approve budgets etc - They need to try a new approach (they being the Board and SISU). We have gone past normal ways of doing things, try something new, try to get some understanding at all levels, some togetherness - its worth £'s. What have they got to lose ?

It is about time those that run or own this club had some balls and said things dont have to be like this, there is a new way to do things, lets truly involve all parties not just give it lip service. We always used to be innovative why not now.

Last edited:

Sub

i would like some one to ask fisher if there is any truth in, that he loaned / invested 10m in SISU/CCFC and is only at CCFC to protect his 'investment'.

dongonzalos

Ordinarily I would agree with you on that Godiva. However the fans see it as SISU and to recover any of the connection with fans then there has to be something from SISU. Infact a joint exercise showing they fully support what TF is doing and engaging with the fans would be best. Gives TF the authority so strenthens his position, the fans get some idea of what is going on, SISU get to be understood and that will improve their investment. Lets try working as a team rather than us vs the Board with SISU sitting in an ivory tower.

Many fans see the board as SISU puppets. Ordinarily as you say strategy etc would be explained by the CEO/Board but in the interest of anything happening I do not think SISU being more open would hurt the situation and may help smooth things. However it is very clear SISU control what the CEO can do - yes he has the ability to work within boundaries but he doesnt set those boundaries SISU do.

They act as owners by being agents for their investors there is a lot to be gained by the owners reaching out to the fans. They have tried it the other way - saying nothing - and it has failed. There is much for SISU to gain by having the fans understanding and spending money at the club. For a start off it will improve the worth of the business. Plenty of other owners do it.

Clearly SISU are fully engaged in the strategy etc - otherwise they wouldnt need to approve budgets etc - They need to try a new approach (they being the Board and SISU). We have gone past normal ways of doing things, try something new, try to get some understanding at all levels, some togetherness - its worth £'s. What have they got to lose ?

It is about time those that run or own this club had some balls and said things dont have to be like this, there is a new way to do things, lets truly involve all parties not just give it lip service. We always used to be innovative why not now.

Totally agree. If any other company made wholesale changes, without explaining to its customers why it was doing it and what it aimed to achieve. Also more importantly how in the long term thi would be of benefit to the customer. If the customer did not like the changes and was given no explanation what do you think the customer will do.......... Hence 12000 atendences. With an explanation whether it is liked or not, as long as it was understood I think in our current form we would be looking at 17000

Godiva

Well OSB, the problem with who should communicate ... the board or sisu ... could be solved in a second if Igwewhatshisname was appointed chairman.
But thats not the way they work.

Personally, I do not need sisu to say anything, but I would like the chaiman to be more visible and more vocal.
Actually I miss the controversial canadian - he had the gift of loving the spotlight and be center of attention.

J

Jack Griffin

I very much like that last sentence, that is what I think TF has in mind, but as you say approval has to be given from on high. He did conclude his CWR interview with the notion that he had a vision for the future & they are negotiating some details (money) with SISU.

I really can not agree that SISU out + Hoffman in = a rosey future. As I suspect that is more than likely to leave us in the same old s**t in 5 years time if the gamble doesn't come off. (Yeah, investment in CCFc is big stakes gambling).

Where the hell did the thought TF invested £10M come from? He is just an investment strategist / executive manager with experience in football isn't he? He was at Charlton before coming here, but his involvement there was over within 6months. I don't see any evidence he is a SISU investor.

skyblueinBaku

Apparently joy seppalla was at the ricoh for the first time Saturday watched her first football match. Nice of her to say hello
Can't really blame her for sneaking in and out. Can you imagine how many fireproof banners and anti Sisu chants there would have been if her visit had been publicised prior to match day? Anyway, Sisu never do anything openly, so it's no surprise that her visit was secretive. I wonder if she enjoyed the match - or if she even watched it.

gileshudson

People in the CET forums saying do not buy season tickets as they will become worthless once we go into administration.............

Buy the ticket outright with a credit card and then you can I believe claim the money back from the card company if, God forbid, the worst happens . . . :(

Users who are viewing this thread