Adam Le Fondre (1 Viewer)

Up North Sky Blue

was signed by Mark Robins at Rotherham, proof that he knows a good player when he sees one.

Blind_Faith

Proof also that he can sign a good player when given the financial backing, something we obviously havent got :facepalm:

Grendel

Proof also that he can sign a good player when given the financial backing, something we obviously havent got :facepalm:

We paid more for McDonald and thorn insisted he had been chasing McDonald all summer.

LewSkyBlue

i was thinking last night whilst watching MOTD2 and he was being praised by deon and sav...... we were linked to signing him at the start of last season and we very nearly got him. Good ol' city ;)

Nonleagueherewecome

We paid more for McDonald and thorn insisted he had been chasing McDonald all summer.

That was clearly man-management trying to boost Cody's confidence. Don't make me post the same anecdote about the new girlfriend I got on the night I'd been dumped for the third time in response to you saying this!

Nick

Administrator
Would it really help confidence if he was saying he was his first target when if he wasnt he will pretty much know anyway?

Its like the girlfriend saying how she always wanted you after somebody else turned her down..

Nonleagueherewecome

Would it really help confidence if he was saying he was his first target when if he wasnt he will pretty much know anyway?

Its like the girlfriend saying how she always wanted you after somebody else turned her down..

My point is of course he's going to say Cody was first choice-much as I told the new girlfriend that it had been her I'd wanted all along ;)

The alternative: "Well, I really wanted Adam-y Le-y Fondre-y, but the chairman only offered 50k, so we've got this knackered unfit ex-builder in instead..."

Grendel

My point is of course he's going to say Cody was first choice-much as I told the new girlfriend that it had been her I'd wanted all along ;)

The alternative: "Well, I really wanted Adam-y Le-y Fondre-y, but the chairman only offered 50k, so we've got this knackered unfit ex-builder in instead..."

And paid 8 times as much for him.

Nonleagueherewecome

And paid 8 times as much for him.

And why was that? Was it because we'd just sold someone, releasing funds that SISU wouldn't make available first, meaning we missed out on our first target? Isn't it fun to remember!

Nonleagueherewecome

Six times as much, anyway. Bit of tabloid-esque exaggeration by yourself, there ;)

Grendel

Nick

Administrator

Yes but if he didnt want cody all along then cody would know this so to say it is just patronising lies ;)

pusbccfc

Le Fondre is not necessarily a good player. Just a finisher with a decent touch.
What Cody was/is meant to be.

Users who are viewing this thread