ACL move things up a few gears (1 Viewer)

I'mARealWizard

Challenging Appleton

Meeting the Football League on Monday

Arena Coventry Limited spokesman: “The immediate focus of the ACL board is on a meeting with The Football League, scheduled for Monday'

Ricoh Arena bosses have challenged Coventry City administrator Paul Appleton over his offer to act as a mediator to keep the Sky Blues in Coventry.

They have also revealed they are to meet the Football League on Monday.

Mr Appleton’s offer to act as a mediator in talks between Arena Coventry Limited and the Sky Blues - with the Football League also taking part - was reported in today’s Telegraph.

Mr Appleton has chosen Sisu company Otium as his preferred buyer for Coventry City Football Club Limited, the company in administration, and has completed a sale of the rights and title to assets in it to Otium.

But ACL claims the club is likely to continue in administration for some months .

Mr Appleton has proposed a Creditor Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) to bring the Sky Blues out of administration - but ACL could delay signing it until well after a creditors’ meeting on July 22.

After a CVA is signed, there would be a further 28 day cooling-off period before the club could come out of administration.

In the meantime, the Football League has given permission for the Sky Blues to play ‘home’ games at Northampton Town.

An ACL spokesperson said: “We read yesterday, with some surprise, an article in the media suggesting that Paul Appleton had offered to act as an ‘independent’ mediator between The Football League, Otium and ACL.

“It is unclear in what capacity he makes this offer. Is he making the offer as one of the Joint Administrators, in which case it is difficult to see how he could independently fulfil both roles?

“Or is he making the offer in some other capacity, and thereby seeking further payment in a role that would seem to conflict with his role and duties as a Joint Administrator?

“The immediate focus of the ACL board is on a meeting with The Football League, scheduled for Monday.

“We are fully aware of the dismay of Sky Blues’ supporters, and of other interested parties such as various Members of Parliament and the European Parliament, in relation to the recent statement of The Football League.

“We will ensure that The Football League fully appreciates the strength of feeling of everybody that wants to keep the Sky Blues in Coventry.

"We will also be seeking confirmation that the Football League Insolvency Policy and rules governing ground moves will be rigorously applied in this case.

“The meeting will also provide an opportunity for us to correct The Football League’s statement relating to its approval of the proposed groundshare at Northampton.

“The statement suggested that Otium was unable to “reconcile its differences” with ACL. We have had no contact whatsoever from Otium.

" We will also reiterate, once again, that the doors of the Ricoh Arena are open to CCFC during the administration process (as they were at the end of last season), and beyond.

“Make no mistake, the board remains absolutely committed to keeping the Sky Blues where they should be, here in Coventry at the Ricoh Arena.

italiahorse

The only thing I get from this is that Otium have not spoken to ACL yet the Football League have accepted there version without talking to anybody else.
The FL must have something to answer on this as everybody else and his dog know that the Ricoh is available for matches.
Do they live in a locked room ?

hill83

The only thing I get from this is that Otium have not spoken to ACL yet the Football League have accepted there version without talking to anybody else.
The FL must have something to answer on this as everybody else and his dog know that the Ricoh is available for matches.

They've got a lot going on though. Banning snoods, making sure Rooneys hairpeice is correctly fitted and sitting in the sun.

T

true sky blue

appleton offering to mediate is the beginning of the club returning to the Ricoh. this is what we have all been hoping for. the chance is there - will the council / acl take it??? probably not because they are out to kill the club. kill sisu and provide us with a council owned 9th tier football team playing non league in a 32 000 seater stadium

hill83

appleton offering to mediate is the beginning of the club returning to the Ricoh. this is what we have all been hoping for. the chance is there - will the council / acl take it??? probably not because they are out to kill the club. kill sisu and provide us with a council owned 9th tier football team playing non league in a 32 000 seater stadium

321362382768069762.gif

Sub

Appleton needs keeping out of the whole thing!!! he caused half this shit by agreeing to otium as the preferred bidder !!!

dadgad

Appleton utterly failed in one of his primary responsibilities - that of taking the business forward.
Now he wants to act as broker to take the business forward!
Blokes busted, a joke.

blueflint

not funny at all i thought we got ripped off by admin we dont need ripped off again i will offer to mediate for expenses only bet nobody takes me up on it tho

RegTheDonk

Fisher and his mob must have some dirt on the FL. They've screwed up somewhere down the line and want everything to go quiet.

Someone said in another thead a while about about a can of worms being opened. I wonder what the repercussions would be for other clubs.

Sky Blue Kid

What I don't understand is this...SISU are taking CCC/ACL to court because CCC helped ACL out with a £14m loan yes?....Otium had £1m in the bank, yet SISU give them money (Supposedly) to buy CCFC ltd.....How does that work?!?!?

James Smith

Why would the council want to run a football club, any football club?

SkyBlue_Bear83

After Appleton was paid a shed load to screw us over by choosing Otium as the preferred bidders he wants to be paid another shed load to resolve a situation he has caused. Classic

James Smith

What I don't understand is this...SISU are taking CCC/ACL to court because CCC helped ACL out with a £14m loan yes?....Otium had £1m in the bank, yet SISU give them money (Supposedly) to buy CCFC ltd.....How does that work?!?!?
I think SISU are claiming that the council loan was state aid and illegal, and are therefore (in a you couldn't make it up way) moving us to a ground where their council are giving them a 12m loan.

sm1845

I dont get this.
Quote from above:
An ACL spokesperson said: “We read yesterday, with some surprise, an article in the media suggesting that Paul Appleton had offered to act as an ‘independent’ mediator between The Football League, Otium and ACL.

“It is unclear in what capacity he makes this offer. Is he making the offer as one of the Joint Administrators, in which case it is difficult to see how he could independently fulfil both roles?

“Or is he making the offer in some other capacity, and thereby seeking further payment in a role that would seem to conflict with his role and duties as a Joint Administrator?

“The immediate focus of the ACL board is on a meeting with The Football League, scheduled for Monday.

“We are fully aware of the dismay of Sky Blues’ supporters, and of other interested parties such as various Members of Parliament and the European Parliament, in relation to the recent statement of The Football League.

“We will ensure that The Football League fully appreciates the strength of feeling of everybody that wants to keep the Sky Blues in Coventry.

"We will also be seeking confirmation that the Football League Insolvency Policy and rules governing ground moves will be rigorously applied in this case.

“The meeting will also provide an opportunity for us to correct The Football League’s statement relating to its approval of the proposed groundshare at Northampton.

If ACL dont like Paul Appleton offer to act as an Administrator then rather then slaming it!!! Make an offer of someone else to be Administrator. Looks to me that ACL are speaking out of both sides of there mouth. We want Covenrty to play here but what are they doing to insure that there will be a cOVENTRY CITY CLUB. Get the FL correct statement of groundshare with no new deal being worked on. All the parties in this are not in it for Fans or the Club.

James Smith

I dont get this.
Quote from above:

If ACL dont like Paul Appleton offer to act as an Administrator then rather then slaming it!!! Make an offer of someone else to be Administrator. Looks to me that ACL are speaking out of both sides of there mouth. We want Covenrty to play here but what are they doing to insure that there will be a cOVENTRY CITY CLUB. Get the FL correct statement of groundshare with no new deal being worked on. All the parties in this are not in it for Fans or the Club.

No I think they are objecting to him offering to do this new role as well as his current role and think he should stick to being the administrator only. At the hourly rate he has, it's probably cheaper if he doesn't do both unless it's pro bono and even then...

chiefdave

It's not too complicated, PA is the administer and he was selected by SISU and has made Otium (a SISU clone) preferred bidder. He is now saying he wants to be the independent mediator. Either he's offering as the administrator and he's therefore not independent or he's not offering as the administrator and there would be a conflict of interest. Noone can think PA would be classed as independent.

FL meeting with ACL is interesting, it appears FL have based their nowhere else to play idea purely on what they've been told by SISU, if ACL go in and make it very clear the Ricoh is available it will heap pressure on the FL.

blueflint

I dont get this.
Quote from above:

bollocks m8 your reading to much between the lines not enough of the lines

J

Jack Griffin

Kissinger is still alive I think, although I think to really suit the clubs owners we need the former PM Tony Blair.

I saw Gordon Brown on the TV today, now there is a man you can trust to understand what's going down.. he realised the days of boom & bust were over and designed a much looser regulation of banks & ermmm...hold on a minute !

Well at least he is familiar with crisis situations.. CCFC should be a sinch.

James Smith

I saw Gordon Brown on the TV today, now there is a man you can trust to understand what's going down.. he realised the days of boom & bust were over and designed a much looser regulation of banks & ermmm...hold on a minute !

Well at least he is familiar with crisis situations.. CCFC should be a sinch.
We could ask him about the sale of our Gold reserves at the same time :facepalm:

Sky Blue Pete

Don't be a knob!!

Sky Blue Pete

I dont get this.
Quote from above:

Absolute nonsense

sm1845

Yes Your all right. I most likly am reading between the lines here. Just frustrated. Feel that the only way out is to have somone sit the two sides down and get working it out. Some where in all of this as to be middle ground one that all parties can work with. Just need to Get City playing games at home. Coventry is a great city just hate the thought of her lossing somthing that helps make her a great city. I have thoughts on this but I know if I post them I will be shot down. There is a much bigger loss to the pepole of Coventry as a hole not just the fans if the SKY Blues go under or do not play games at home. Thats what I see happing in if this drags on and on an on.

I thought it was Appletons job as Administrator to act as an "independent" mediator, so why has he made this announcement. Its like the milkman saying I will deliver milk today.

Otis

Challenging Appleton

Meeting the Football League on Monday

This is why I cannot understand why Pressley talks of coming out of admin in 3 weeks. He doesn't appear to me to be a gullible man when I hear him speak.

Mind, he did take the job on here didn't he.

Buster

I think you will find that all of the professional people involved in this farce are not coming at the problem from the same direction as we are . To varying degrees we are involved with the club on an occasional /part time connection . We can be emotional ,enthusiastic and have a yearning for fair play because of the years we've been supporting ccfc, and of what the sky blues mean to us . To Appleton ,Fisher ,ACL it's not a game it's a business . A business worth millions of pounds . When this amount of money is involved the penalties for making mistakes will be hauled to court . The football league are fear full of taking the share away from sisu because sisu are more adapted to court than they are . The only thing we have over sisu is that it needs our money and our support . Ccfc is worth nothing without us . Please don't go to Northampton and support these awful people . Sorry to much drink , off to bed . See you at Nuneaton

skybluehugh

Appleton utterly failed in one of his primary responsibilities - that of taking the business forward.
Now he wants to act as broker to take the business forward!
Blokes busted, a joke.

Wonder how he stands legally if ACL really push for this to be looked in to. What I hear in the statement from ACL is "keep your mouth shut, your in enough shit,

skybluehugh

It's not too complicated, PA is the administer and he was selected by SISU and has made Otium (a SISU clone) preferred bidder. He is now saying he wants to be the independent mediator. Either he's offering as the administrator and he's therefore not independent or he's not offering as the administrator and there would be a conflict of interest. Noone can think PA would be classed as independent.

FL meeting with ACL is interesting, it appears FL have based their nowhere else to play idea purely on what they've been told by SISU, if ACL go in and make it very clear the Ricoh is available it will heap pressure on the FL.

And I bet as soon as the football league state they are reviewing their decision, SHITSU will threaten liquidation. And blame ACL for it, and sadly some on here will buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread