Accrington (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

What a nice day out. Pub right next to the ground. Small but nice ground and really cheap food and drink. Nice to see a club not fleece the fans financially.

Couldn’t agree more: friendly and welcoming at the ground and local area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

I used to like Rotherham’s old ground, it felt very much the same. Nice chippy nearby too with best chips, battered sausage and mushy peas with curry sauce I’ve ever had too....all for something like £1.50.

speedie87

I used to like Rotherham’s old ground, it felt very much the same. Nice chippy nearby too with best chips, battered sausage and mushy peas with curry sauce I’ve ever had too....all for something like £1.50.

I used to love having to walk through that scrap yard to get into the away end.

Irish Sky Blue

You could see Millmoor across the road from the new stadium when we played there a few years ago, so the chip shop should still be a viable option next time we play them.The old stadium seemed more or less intact, (that was about 5 years ago). Didn’t they leave because the landlord was charging an exorbitant rent? Not sure what he intended to do with the ground once the football team left. Weren’t Rotherham away from their town for just three years? Shows what can be done with having a plan and owners and a council that care

Frank Sidebottom

The new seating area was good. Much better then last season. Yet again other away end with with no cover. Very poor.

Thought the stewarding was excellent very helpful. Unlike some of the knobs at the Ricoh.

A well run club with little resources good luck to them.

I noticed at the end a steward helped a 5 or 6 year old kid over the wall and onto the pitch so he could ask Luke Thomas for his shirt.

All in all a very pleasant day out.... although a roof would be nice.

eastwoodsdustman

Stewards were really friendly and nice to us all. I think it was the supervisor who I heard tell people that we were the best supporters they’d had there.

rob9872

Only criticism was our dickhead fans who think it's not only acceptable to use the ladies loo but to pee in the sink too. My 11 year old daughter told me when she came out. If I'd seen then I'd have had a quiet word and I stood on watch at HT (was desperate myself beforehand or would have then too). Animals.

Users who are viewing this thread