Academy boys can save us... (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

I really would like to see Thomas, Cameron & Willis in the side asap.

Conor Thomas is a very talented youngster, he was way ahead of Bigi last year in terms of how he effected a game, he's positioning is good and he wins a lot of second ball.

Cameron is also a good prospect that needs games. He had Marlon King in his pocket last season and is in my opinion better than any other centre half we currently have!

Willis is intriguing. Been linked with Premiership clubs after impressing at youth international level for both ability and attitude. He's a natural leader, was captain of our succesful U18's team and looked very solid against Birmingham at right back (out of position!).

I think we need to give these boys the chance they deserve ahead of the likes of Kilbane who is on the way down!!!

Moff

I am all for this for two reasons.

1) They cant be worse than the current horse shit being served up. I would be glad to see Thomas and Cameron back

2) Having been part of a successfull youth team, hopefully they havent had the winning habit beaten out of them like the rest of the team, and dont look on life like a bunch of losers.

CCFC_Charlie

Young talent comes through, if they're good a bigger and richer club will come and buy them. That's the way that football works.

shmmeee

Would like to build the team around our talented kids. But I think we need to move some of their positions around. For example we have two right backs and I wouldn't want such am inexperienced centre back pairing. Something like this maybe:

Murphy
Clarke Cameron Malaga Reckord
Christie Thomas Willis Mouassa
McGoldrick McDonald

Gives you pace on the wings, ability and a bit of steel in the middle.

gally9

Would like to build the team around our talented kids. But I think we need to move some of their positions around. For example we have two right backs and I wouldn't want such am inexperienced centre back pairing. Something like this maybe:

Murphy
McGoldrick McDonald

That central midfield pairing is a joke? Right?

stupot07

Murphy
McGoldrick McDonald

So you want to play a right back right wing and a centre back centre mid, and a right footed winger on the left?

skyblueinBaku

Young talent comes through, if they're good a bigger and richer club will come and buy them. That's the way that football works.
Only if Sisu are prepared to sell them - usually at a knock down price.

KersleyDigs

Id go:

------------------Murphy--------------------
Clarke-----Willis-----Cameron---Reckford
----------Thomas-----Jennings-------------
------Bell-----------------------Moussa----
-------------------------Fleck---------------
-----------McGoldrick-----------------------

skyblueinBaku

Id go:

------------------Murphy--------------------
Clarke-----Willis-----Cameron---Reckford
----------Thomas-----Jennings-------------
------Bell-----------------------Moussa----
-------------------------Fleck---------------
-----------McGoldrick-----------------------

Get rid of Bell, and put Cody with McGoldrick and I would agree with you.

KersleyDigs

I'd put Bell in because I'm intrigued to see what he can do in this league. I remember him coming on last season against Southampton in the second half and him being the best player on the field. Danny Fox simply couldn't seem to cope with him!

He is technically gifted and on his day is a very good player. Consistency was his downfall at Championship level, as is for many players. I just wonder if the drop in quality of defenders will work to his advantage in L1. He is in my opinion a far better player than Baker: better crosser, better long range shot, more creative and although slower is a better dribbler who has far better ball control.......

SkyBlue_Bear83

If we had a certain Jordan Rhodes, Nick Powell or Alex Oxlade Chamberlain at the club do you think our board an owners would have got 8, 4 and 12 million pounds respectively whilst keeping the players on board long enough to get promoted (Huddersfield, Crewe and Southampton were all promoted in each players final season playing key roles)

Or

Do you think they would have been sold at the first chance for 1-2 million before they have even managed to consistently hold down a first team spot in the Coventry team in a similar way to Gael Bigirimana was

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd put Bell in because I'm intrigued to see what he can do in this league. I remember him coming on last season against Southampton in the second half and him being the best player on the field. Danny Fox simply couldn't seem to cope with him!

He is technically gifted and on his day is a very good player. Consistency was his downfall at Championship level, as is for many players. I just wonder if the drop in quality of defenders will work to his advantage in L1. He is in my opinion a far better player than Baker: better crosser, better long range shot, more creative and although slower is a better dribbler who has far better ball control.......
Give me Baker every time, at least he attempts to make things happen even if they don't always come off. Bell is happy for the game to pass him by and rarely does anything positive with the ball, he is a decent crosser but he lacks the pace and desire to get into good crossing positions on the flanks

SkyBlueArmy

To get out of league 1 you need pace and strengh in your team. To get out of any league you need goals.

----------------Murphy---------------
Reckford---Wilis---Cameron---Clarke
-------Jennings----------Henderson-------
Bell-------------------------------Christie
------------------Fleck--------------------
--------------McGoldrick-----------------

For this formation to work you'd have to get alot of creativity going forward. Christie can get around a man got a good cross and can defend and cover Clarke if he goes forward. Bells gifted. Fleck and Henderson are meant to playmakers if Im right. Jennings can tackle. Brings abit of steal to the midfield. Would rather have a more proven forward though who we know can score. Mark Robins Sky Blue Army!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread