Academy back at Higgs (1 Viewer)

James Smith

Thank fudge for that.

RoboCCFC90

Great news, it's great facility and I can't think of anywhere better in the City to develop the next generation of Sky Blue youngsters.

ajsccfc

It may be self-contained and indicative of nothing else, but this at least gives me a tiny glint of hope that we can get the senior team back where they belong. I'm clinging to that.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
good news and about time ............... the alternative was no level 2 academy and that didnt bear thinking about because of the implications for team and future

Godiva

wingy

F***ing sisu - sabbotaging their own destruction plans for the club! What are they thinking making a move aimed for the future?
Especially as the NOPM has bled them completey dry of all their funds and chased away all their investors.
It's a cospiracy - or a smoke screen.
Surely?
Not one of your more calibrated posts there G . It's possible that this is born of necessity as much as choice . IE; fitting the leagues framework .

Edit; It would be pretty stupid not to do It.

valiant15

F***ing sisu - sabbotaging their own destruction plans for the club! What are they thinking making a move aimed for the future?
Especially as the NOPM has bled them completey dry of all their funds and chased away all their investors.
Surely?

Didn't they have to move back to the higgs or they would of lost the fa grant?

hill83

Didn't they have to move back to the higgs or they would of lost the fa grant?

Similar to having to move the club back home. So can we put the 'franchise club', admittedly only about 3 people are saying, to bed yet?

Hobo

Forget the smoke screens, the politics, the grants...".

This is a good move. The club needs a good Academy for future sustainability. The Higgs offers the right environment and facilities.

No cheap shots from me, a good move.

Delboycov

Surely?

I seem to recall TF telling us that they'd got an ideal facility for the Academy at the university which would mean the club would retain their category status and save the club loadsamoney...could he have possibly have been trying to make out he'd got a better hand than he actually had? Smacked of cutting his nose off to spite his face at the time...perhaps he just realised he quite needed that nose... particularly as that nose is helping to produce most of the 1st team. SISU at CCFC or indeed the club have no future without the ability to produce youngsters to put in the shop window...

kmj5000

Great news.

"A permanent return"?

Didn't Fishface say, only last week, that the plans for the new ground would also include the Academy?

Houdi

So the club storm out of the Higgs Centre, talk about building a new academy elsewhere, cue another Les Reid fable about Brandon,( he should have suggested the moon it would been about as likely as the Brandon scenario), and hey ho several months later back they go to the Higgs Centre. So SISU on reaching a dead end, suddenly we have a complete about turn. Maybe there is a message in there for ACL.

wingy

There's always the choice of not having an academy, which would undoubtedly be the cheaper option short-term.

There are other observers to us,toothless ones. None the less,they will observe whats going on . January Is the time where there is an evaluation of where we're at financially , depending on our owners Actions to balance the books ,otherwise Its our old friend "the Embargo" .Having said that this involves spending so suggests monies there.
Just put on the Gregor thread If his leaving may have provided any urgency to the matter.

ajsccfc

Permanent should be read more like 'official' than anything time-related. It's like signing a trial player on a permanent contract, of course they're not tied down until the end of time.

Leamington Pete

Just another attempt at feel good PR. They had to be at the Higgs Centre to retain Category 2 status. And they've been training and playing fixtures there for some time (September I think) so hardly a "return".

Nick

Administrator
So if it is a rolling 12 month deal, who is breaking it?

Maybe we can bump your proud of the council thread?

Users who are viewing this thread