A45 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Who's in charge of these road works? Embarrassing.

An hour between holy head road junction and wing wah

Terry Gibson's perm

many in charge just not many doing the work whenever I go past nothing is happening

shmmeee

A45 is central government, any other roads are the council AFAIK.

Although I didn't realise they'd privatised the Highways Agency, so may be totally wrong.

Nick

Administrator
It was awful, got on at the bit by Hollyhead Road and it was an hour to Wing Wah. They had made the road down to 1 lane at the last minute and then had special traffic lights.

Gutted as I didn't see the traffic until I got to the top of the slip road else I'd have gone a different way.

workdad

Same here, stuck in the fucker for just over an hour yesterday. Absolute joke , the lane goes down to one virtually at the lights. I had just passed the Allesley slip road when I got caught in it.

Nick

Administrator
Same here, stuck in the fucker for just over an hour yesterday. Absolute joke , the lane goes down to one virtually at the lights. I had just passed the Allesley slip road when I got caught in it.
Yep, so by the time everybody has merged about 4 Cara get through, they should merge the traffic much further back

Nick

Administrator
They have now stuck roadworks on the alternative route towards eastern green by one stop, nice and clever!

Nick

Administrator
Three days and nothing has been done. I'd be annoyed if the a45 traffic was being sent up past my house then they close a lane and bugger off

olderskyblue

Welcome to the world those of us on the East of the city have known for the past 18 months ;)

But only another year or so to go NW, then we'll be fine.....

SkyBlue_Bear83

First crash there this morning, seems the fact that traffic is still oncoming from the right at the roundabout when lights are green is giving drivers confusion.

wingy

First crash there this morning, seems the fact that traffic is still oncoming from the right at the roundabout when lights are green is giving drivers confusion.

Yeah guess the traffic lights are pointless then
Mental

SkyBlue_Bear83

I believe the set of traffic lights that are causing confusion are actually in the middle of the roundabout and apply to people already on the roundabout, they are there to allow the traffic from the A45 to flow. People approaching the roundabout from broad lane can see these traffic lights in the middle of the island as they approach and some drivers are going straight over the give way without looking at oncoming traffic from the right.

Sounds more like stupid drivers tbh

Users who are viewing this thread