A view from a SAINTS fan (1 Viewer)

The Saint123

Hello my coventry friends.

Have to say... you will have FULL support from saints fans in your SISU out chants...those charlatans tried to get into the saints but were turned away..even when we were on our knees...

hope you enjoy league 1 (and I actually mean that)...of course, the two season were were down, we got lucky with a super rich owner and signed the likes of lambert etc..
but the away days are brilliant.....when you go to oldham, yeovil, orient etc...its like their cup final and they rivalry and banter they try and throw your way will be brilliant.

trouble is, we had so many teams come to St Marys and play like they never played before etc....annoying but great fun all the same...then we won The JPT..and took 50k fans to Wembley....used to sneer at that cup but when you have a new team and you see how much they want it..you can't help but want it too...so enjoy it and I hope you get your day out at wembley

also, what do you think on your chances on causing an upset on saturday...as you know, a win for saints and we are up....lambert, sharp and lallana piling forward..will you have a back line to contain nearly 60 goal worth of player..?

I see you have many players out injured..? will you have decent players to come in..?

anyway, in the nicest possible way, I really hope it is all over on saturday with time to go so we can join in withe the SISU out chants.....3-0 with 10 mins to go and I can pretty much say you will get support with your chants from many of the home section

hate to say it...but hope you have no luck saturday...;)

chiefdave

I see you have many players out injured..? will you have decent players to come in..?

looking forward to the game and to be honest I hope Saints go up, always seen you and us as fairly similar teams!

we'll be lucky to have any players coming in let alone decent ones. can't see us causing an upset, most of our fans are fully expecting to get shown up on the TV and 4 or 5 put past us.

Tom Ball

Supposed to be playing a number of youth players on saturday, recalled one from Nuneaton and Jordan Willis will be starting by the looks of it

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
All we have left to play for now, is our pride, but I doubt that will show through too much on saturday. A lot of heavy hearts around the club at the moment.

The Saint123

yes...I would agree that coventry and saints are very similar...and we were EXACTLY where you were a few years ago...we nearly went pop and had -10 points in league 1..

however, it worked out for us beyond our our wildest dreams..so believe.

even the dirty cheating skate bustards...(pompey) are still going..and to be honest.. a complete travesty

they got themselves into £20m or MORe debt whilst in admin from the prem to this 2nd administration......a complete joke..

you, like we had to...are turning to your every inexperienced players and gave it a go...THEM cheating skate bastards kept signing and signing players......in the full knowledge that they are practically an insolvent company...

one thing good for us when we went to league 1 and staring at oblivion was that ALL the toss pots that took us there were driven away from the club...not a single person involved at board level that took us down are present at the club

so believe there will be better times..

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Thanks for the kind words! As for Saturday I'd like to say even with the bare bones that we have left we could keep you down to 1 or 2 nil.... But honestly I'm expecting saints to win by 3 or 4.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
My friend is a saints supporter he has real pity for me and said could be a blessing if our off field antics are sorted out like ye, as for saturday im expecting us to lose by 3 or 4 goals good see ye back in the prem again;)

CCFCschoey

cheers mate, your help in the protests is much appriciated! looking forward to going to the game saturday and i hope you beat us and go up lad. look for 2 smurfs ;) PUSB!

SkyBlue_Bear83

what do you think on your chances on causing an upset on saturday...as you know, a win for saints and we are up....lambert, sharp and lallana piling forward..will you have a back line to contain nearly 60 goal worth of player..?

anyway, in the nicest possible way, I really hope it is all over on saturday with time to go so we can join in withe the SISU out chants.....3-0 with 10 mins to go and I can pretty much say you will get support with your chants from many of the home section

hate to say it...but hope you have no luck saturday...;)
We will have a 17/18 year old playing CB making his first start for the club as all our defence are either injured/suspended or out on loan. On top of that we will probably have another 4 players under the age of 21, our captain is injured and our vice captain suspended, so are chances are near to none.

skyblue shrew

I think you guys have been mugged by SISU. If they dont go you will be the next Bradford or Plymouth big club no ground and unable to hold on to decent managers. I am a bit gutted because I once paid my money to watch the sky blues and I find it inconceivable that it has come to this . Every cloud has a silver lining though (Results willing) you can come to Shrewsbury and savour our quality cottage pies .

I am with you all on this one SISU OUT ASAP

Last edited:

classicfooty

i really cant believe the support the sky blues have been getting from rival fans, its very refreshing and puts my faith back into football fans, it just shows that coventry have been admired for punching above there weight for so long and as a long suffering city fan im personally very gratefull for that

Plug

i really cant believe the support the sky blues have been getting from rival fans, its very refreshing and puts my faith back into football fans, it just shows that coventry have been admired for punching above there weight for so long and as a long suffering city fan im personally very gratefull for that

You'll find no shortage of Saints lads joining in with your anti-SISU chanting, myself included. No club deserves that, especially one like yours.

I'll be right by you lot in block 43. Please don't ruin our party, but whether you do or don't enjoy your day and come & 'ave a beer or 2 with us. You'll find all pubs quite welcoming.

gary_ccfcforever

been to saints a few times. good club, we are off to the waterfront bar. any saints fans willing to draw up some sisu out signage, it would be much appreciated. The worry is not playing in league one next season, its having a club left to support at all once sisu have finished with us.:blue::blue::blue::blue:

Brighton Sky Blue

You'll find no shortage of Saints lads joining in with your anti-SISU chanting, myself included. No club deserves that, especially one like yours.

I'll be right by you lot in block 43. Please don't ruin our party, but whether you do or don't enjoy your day and come & 'ave a beer or 2 with us. You'll find all pubs quite welcoming.

You won't find us causing any trouble-just don't give us an absolute hiding!

rob9872

I think you guys have been mugged by SISU. If they dont go you will be the next Bradford or Plymouth big club no ground and unable to hold on to decent managers. I am a bit gutted because I once paid my money to watch the sky blues and I find it inconceivable that it has come to this . Every cloud has a silver lining though (Results willing) you can come to Shrewsbury and savour our quality cottage pies .

I am with you all on this one SISU OUT ASAP

I see Jermaine Grandison seems to be doing well there.Seemed ok to me but I guess Camerons rapid progress was what moved him on. I'm sure he'll get a decent reception when he comes back. Anyone remmeber his brother too? Does he still have a career anywhere?

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I see Jermaine Grandison seems to be doing well there.Seemed ok to me but I guess Camerons rapid progress was what moved him on. I'm sure he'll get a decent reception when he comes back. Anyone remmeber his brother too? Does he still have a career anywhere?

He has a career at Tesco's as a promising young shelf stacker

skyblue shrew

Grandison is turning out to be one of the most popular shrewsbury players of all time and on saturday his stock will probably rise to a new level . A shrewd buy by Graham Turner. Other Coventry/Shrewsbury connections include Oggy, Big Jim Holt, Dave Bennett, and Ray "Binley" Woods.

I am holding out for a Coventry Shrewsbury head to head next season but I always find my self drawn to the stat that states that our worst away defeat happened on your turf Coventry City 8 Shrewsbury Town 1 in 1963.

SISU Out ASAP

rob9872

In 63 we were on the way up. I wouldn't back us to beat you now.

smouch1975

Anybody know of a live stream for this one?

Probably the last chance I'll get to watch city for a few years :-(

CTID

The Saint123

yeah...SISU out my friends

you will no doubt get chants like "you'll never play here again"
and "going down"etc

but that is part of the banter...believe me, after our experiences we really want SISU rid from your club..

as unlike the cheating skate bastards (pompey) you have not taken the piss

Plug

been to saints a few times. good club, we are off to the waterfront bar.

Good call, if it ain't raining then that's a great place to go as it has plenty of outside seating. Alot of it is under cover thought to be fair & it's not far from the ground.

If it is pi$$ing it down though, consider the Royal Oak in town or the Giddy Bridge (wetherspoons) in London Road.

The Saint123

Good call, if it ain't raining then that's a great place to go as it has plenty of outside seating. Alot of it is under cover thought to be fair & it's not far from the ground.

If it is pi$$ing it down though, consider the Royal Oak in town or the Giddy Bridge (wetherspoons) in London Road.
giddy bridge is always a good bet....but around that area there are plenty of pubs..
Yates (just down the road) is usually the "away"pub......the Alex and The King Alfred are very much home pubs..
but around London Rd area there are plenty of boozers....will be a friendly atmosphere....more so after should we gain promotion

Users who are viewing this thread